'10 OH DE - Daryl Baldwin got offered

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CW said he wished he couldve gotten 1 more outside guy (DE), and said it'll be okay though b/c there's a lot of talented guys in this '10 class

That's why Im not in as big a hurry as some are around here to land Chance Carter. Granted I can't see much to judge from but his offer list is mediocre and we have a ton of offers out to some real studs.

Again, not saying he's not a great player, because there's really no way of me to know based on that little AMP peice, but he's just not in my top 5 at that position.

It's about time he got offered. Now they've got to get an offer out to WR/CB Robert Woods, Scout has him as a 4* as of now but I'm telling you guys now that he's a 5* and no worse than being a Top 10 talent. He's got megastar written all over him at both CB and WR.

That's why Im not in as big a hurry as some are around here to land Chance Carter. Granted I can't see much to judge from but his offer list is mediocre and we have a ton of offers out to some real studs.

Again, not saying he's not a great player, because there's really no way of me to know based on that little AMP peice, but he's just not in my top 5 at that position.

well he was a sept 1st offer, so the staff has to see something. a lot of coaches believed he was a lock for the midwest staying in illinois or going to ND, so that might've kept some from offering. the other good thing about chance carter is that he's friends with corey cooper, kyle prater, cj fed, & lombard. It seems like we have a reat shot to get 5 illinois kids this class and this is the most talented group from Illinois in awhile.

well he was a sept 1st offer, so the staff has to see something. a lot of coaches believed he was a lock for the midwest staying in illinois or going to ND, so that might've kept some from offering. the other good thing about chance carter is that he's friends with corey cooper, kyle prater, cj fed, & lombard. It seems like we have a reat shot to get 5 illinois kids this class and this is the most talented group from Illinois in awhile.

beware the zooker.............

beware the zooker.............

lol i know u only typed this b/c u wanted to say zooker, but the Illini are a distant 4th or 5th place in this race. If Stanford wows him then that'll be the only shot he doesnt commit to ND right after the visit. if they do wow him then I wouldnt be surprised if he waited til Spring ball's over to announce. My guess is he commits to ND in the first wk of March. Chance is visiting Stanford Feb 26th and will announc a few days after his visit (that's the plan at least).

I believe we have already offered Woods, BUT back to Baldwin. I feel we entered this race too late and feel he will be the next Buckeye.

This is why:

http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/2010-news/15613-10-oh-de-darryl-baldwin.html

Says OSU is his favorite about 10 times.

Edited by greenmountainirish
Spelling error

I was at a coaches conference in Denver and heard Zook's new OC, Shultz from TCU, run through the zone read and his philosophy. Knows his stuff, obviously, but I can't see him helping them pull any big time recruits from our guys with his personality.

I was at a coaches conference in Denver and heard Zook's new OC, Shultz from TCU, run through the zone read and his philosophy. Knows his stuff, obviously, but I can't see him helping them pull any big time recruits from our guys with his personality.

Why would he want TCUs OC? Their offense was not good.

Guest alwaysirish

I'll say one thing, CW has sure made Zook pay in state for stealing Benn away from us. He has put up pretty decent numbers there, but I cannot imagine how unreal Benn, Floyd and Tate would look, with Rudolph to boot!

I'll say one thing, CW has sure made Zook pay in state for stealing Benn away from us. He has put up pretty decent numbers there, but I cannot imagine how unreal Benn, Floyd and Tate would look, with Rudolph to boot!

Tate got the offer shortly after Benn committed to Illinois. And Floyd may not have committed with another 5 star on board from the year before. So maybe getting Zookered was a blessing in disguise.

Tate got the offer shortly after Benn committed to Illinois. And Floyd may not have committed with another 5 star on board from the year before. So maybe getting Zookered was a blessing in disguise.

These are the types of things that have made not question CW's recruiting. After landing Te'o this year, I can no longer criticize him on his recruiting.

To follow up on your point, last year we missed out on Milton Knox but we ended up getting two better RBs (IMO) this recruiting year.