What is your favorite saying of all time???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little out of date now but ........

You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.

Guest SirJohn

Mine has to be my siginture. "It comes down to the last standing guy alive." To that I added Nasty? you just forgot for ahile." Last is a peon to "Ride the High Country" Randolf Scott and Joel Mcray in their last movie ever.(Both were dyiing) Both get shot up but Mcray is dying. Scott wanted to steal this gold, but Mcrays honor to the law was #1. As he lay dying Scott promised, "Ill do everything you would have done." Mcray says. "I know that You just forgot for a while (Honor) that's all. Which is where my Nasty? you forgot. comes from.

my favorite from Bob Knight "All of us learn to read and write in the second grade most of us go on to do better things." When talking to a group of reporters oh forgot about this gem also from Bobby "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!" plus my signature

Edited by Irishkidfromcali

"Nah - calling it your job don't make it right, Boss." -Cool Hand Luke

"This too shall pass." -Jewish (Hebrew)

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger." -Nietzsche

"When all is said and done, more is said than done." -Aesop

"The work of the critic is of altogether secondary importance... in the end, progress is accomplished by the man who does things.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by 2lakes

Gentleman, you are going to go out there and smash these guys in the mouth and then we are gonna run that football down their GD throats. Line, you are going to drive their ass off the ball and backs you'd better explode through the hole and keep your damn feet driving. Any questions? All in. Let's pray. 1-2-3-4 State Champs! -My HS Football Coach

“We should speak what we feel and not what we ought to say"

~William Shakespeare

"So you're telling me that my wife is dead?....HIGH FIVE!!!"

~Borat

"We have a lot of goodness in this country and we should promote it, but never through the barrel of a gun. We should do it by setting good standards, motivating people and have them want to emulate us. But you can't enforce our goodness, like the neocons preach, with an armed force. It doesn't work."

~Ron Paul

"So you're a feminist? Isn't that cute."

~A t-shirt

"Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it."

~Henry David Thoreau

"Rest in Peace to Virginia Tech too many innocent kids dyin'/Well let's just blame Hip Hop and act like that's the big problem/I would give you news about Katrina/But you know I can't talk about Katrina/'Cause everytime I talk about Katrina/They look at me like it's a misdemeanor/Well anyways there's way more important stuff that we can discuss/George Bush is playin' golf everybody hush he's about to putt/"

~Chamillionaire

“The Only Thing That Comes to A Sleeping Man is Dreams"

~Tupac Shakur

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them right now.

Guest TURK 182

"I didn't attend the Funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." Mark Twain. "If your plan does not adopt change, it's a bad plan."10th legion. "We've upped our standards, so up yours." Not sure but funny as Hell. " Tickle this Elmo." Bumper sticker.

Edited by TURK 182

"A sly fox smells his own hole first." One of my faves especially when someones asking who farted lol.

Another is a Chinese proverb, "Beat your children everyday. For you my not know why, but they do." lol

"Badges...we don't need no stinking badges." Blazing Saddles

"Do you feel lucky punk?" Dirty Harry

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

"You can hope in one had and shit in the other, let me know which one you get first."

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...”

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"After all ... tomorrow is another day" - Scarlett O'Hara

Guest ndcufan

"good things come to those who wait, but only those things left behind by others who hustle" Abe Lincoln

"you're not the giraffe i slept with last night" Quagmire (note" there are many other family guy quotes that could be mentioned, i won't to save time and space)

lou holtz: "You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose"

"How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser"

"Coaching is nothing more than eliminating mistakes before you get fired."

"I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary."

"Did we give up when teh Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" John Belushi "Animal House"

"You guys ever hear about the kid who constantly masturbaited? His dad came in his room and said 'Son you need to quit or you're going to become blind.' The son told him 'Dad. I'm over here!'" Willie Nelson "Beerfest"

Edited by ndcufan

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." Dean Wormer Animal House

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." Animal House

"Do you mind if we dance wif your dates" Animal House, one the greatest movies ever!

"I thought you were pre-med."

"Pre-med..pre-law....."

Other than My Signature

1. "To be the man, you gotta beat the man" - Ric Flair

2. "Girls, you can't be first, but you can be next" -Ric Flair

3. "They call me 'Space Mountain," cuz I may be the oldest ride in the park, but I still got the longest line...and ladies, you can ride 'Space Mountain' all night long, if you are 18 years of age or older." - Ric Flair

Well I guess I cant forget Dusty Rhodes...

"Your friends need to ride out onto another planet...because I've already reserved this stratosphere for me and you"

Edited by PJackson'sDred15