Chance Carter 2010 DE recruit

I have been Googling this guy today,,,,

From everything that I am reading, this guy could pull the trigger at ANY time and it looks like he's ours to lose. Here's an interview from awhile ago: http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Exclusive-Chance-Carter-34082

Wonder when he's going to decide. Anyone got anything else on Chance?

taking a visit at the end of feb n then he's deciding. IMO the only way he's not commit #4 is if one of the other guys pull the trigger before he decides

Yea, I was wondering why we aren't talking more about this guy since he seems pretty solid and soon for us.

Sounds good Ziggy! Thanks! :D

We've done that before, in telling kids to wait before they decide. I think there were a couple kids in this most recent recruiting class that did that too.

We do that to erase any doubts a kid may have had had. The only time I've seen us make an exception is with Chris Watt - who I guess did go to Iowa after all? - which was in part linked to uncertainty about Verducci. Kid visited ND right after that though, and all was forgotten. Besides, based on the presser it sounds like the staff knew he was getting cabin fever rather than seriously thinking about bolting, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

But, say, take an example like Cierre. He thought he was going to be able to visit some fun schools like Florida and the like, hang out with friends on official visits, get to see the country. Then the staff put in a phone call, and you never got to hear about that again. Its all about erasing any doubts. We don't want there to be any instigator for a prospect to decommit or take a visit because he didn't put in the legwork he needed to in the first place. At this juncture, its better to tell a heavy, heavy lean like Carter to do his due diligence than have him commit now, and maybe start to wonder about the visits he never took 6 months down the road. There are pros and cons to either approach, but this is the way our staff handles it.

He loves ND and was ready to pull the trigger recently but the staff told him to take his time so he is completely sure. I dont get it but Im sure theres a good reason. He's a beast as well.

It's the old "take away" close. Makes them want the product that much more which ultimately makes them a more solid recruit. I think we have a real CHANCE with this kid!!!

We do that to erase any doubts a kid may have had had. The only time I've seen us make an exception is with Chris Watt - who I guess did go to Iowa after all? - which was in part linked to uncertainty about Verducci. Kid visited ND right after that though, and all was forgotten. Besides, based on the presser it sounds like the staff knew he was getting cabin fever rather than seriously thinking about bolting, so I guess it all worked out in the end.

In Chris Watt's case, the other reason it wasn't a big deal was because he was upfront with the staff about the fact that he was going and why he was doing it. Of course, Nyshier Oliver is a different story. He was confronted and lied about his TN visit and so got his schollie pulled.

Guest ndcufan

signing day is a year away! if he's ready to commit and remain so for a year then great, but truthfully i'd rather have him do hs due diligence and commit after he's exhausted all his visits and has decided that nd is the right place for him.