First Decommit?

Just got into the office and heard some disturbing news from a couple of UCLA alum colleagues.

Apparently my cubicle neighbor (UCLA alum) has a friend who's close friends with the Pollard family.

It looks like Marlon's mom told him that Marlon has decided to recommit to UCLA and drop ND.

This is all second hand information now, but it comes from a very reliable source.

The same source that told me that Shaq was choosing ND well before it happened.

Hope it isn't true, but I will say that it is all but a done deal now.

One area we aren't hurting in is the secondary, but let's just hope that this doesn't start a negative trend.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well there is absolutely no chatter on this possible decommit-- on any of our sites or ucla sites except this post of course--- so either this is very secret and only your friend knows and DD is breaking this negative news first or this is not as done a deal as you think--- wouldnt surprise me-- but im not sure we can take this news to the bank yet!

Had a feeling this was coming after we sent out an offer to a long snapper.

Haha. If only that schollie was a true predictor of anything except the fact that we got a good long snapper.

Pollard probably sees the fact that he going to be stuck behing Walls, McNeil, Gray, Blanton, etc. We're fine. It would be nice to have Pollard, but we can fill his position in 2010 pretty easily.

Guest irishrick

no problem, there are others to take his place if the guy dosen't want to be here , so be it happy that he came forward now . we only want the good folks that want to be part of the greatest university. go irish

It looks like Marlon's mom told him that Marlon has decided to recommit to UCLA and drop ND.

this would be bad for ND but a good move by Marlon. ND just can't seem to get the best out of it's highly regarded prospects and if he wants to go to the NFL then UCLA is probbly the better choice.

this would be bad for ND but a good move by Marlon. ND just can't seem to get the best out of it's highly regarded prospects and if he wants to go to the NFL then UCLA is probbly the better choice.

BOOOOO..... walls looks great, mcneil solid, gray solid, blanton solid.... where are you getting that from.

If there is one position where we can put people in the NFL in the Weis area it is Defensive Backs. Ndukwe and Zbikowski are in the NFL and surprisingly Mike Richardson is playing for the Pats.

Walls will be doing his thing in the future hopefully in his hometown for my Steelers. and Blanton has surpassed all expectations.

UCLA? come on now. ND for DB's.

By the way. David Bruton was a low 3 star and look how he's doing now. He'll be getting a nice little paycheck in the league.

Well, if that's true, then I feel sorry for the kid because either we are doing great next year and things are fixed and we're rolling or we do not so good and he's going to miss out on being coached by a proven tier 1 coach because we all know Swarbrick isn't going to gamble on someone new.

I say these recruits are in a no lose situation! Either Charlie gets it done and these recruits are part of a BCS team or they have someone like Meyer (hell yes it could happen) coming in.

Next season, SOMETHING has to give and these new recruits will be the lucky recipients! I truly believe this!

BOOOOO..... walls looks great, mcneil solid, gray solid, blanton solid.... where are you getting that from.

yeah the DBs have probbly preformed the best on our D, but im just looking at each class as a whole. ND seems to be where former 4 and 5-star recruites come to die.

sorry, but im calling bull on that too. players are not judged on the performace as frosh and soph when considering them for the draft.

in nfl and coached by weis, off the top of my head

ryan harris, ryan grant, darius walker, brady quinn, shark if he'd wanted to, stovall, i though some of the other OL. abimiri, tuck, the ones mentioned above.... i am sure there are others.

Dont self flagellate, ND has a huge representation in the NFL.

duh, the TE's, carlson and fassano