irish down by a field goal

Guest irishrick

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the rainbows are favored in the bowl game with the irish , will this effect the coaching changes ? i expect several changes before then ?

If the late season Irish trend continues, we lose by at least 10. This to me would me signals a complete failure and collapse of the coaching staff. It shows me they have lost this team. There really wont be too many more excuses people can come up with. If we win we are headed in the right direction. Lets all pray for something to cheer about.

rick, y would the spread affect the coaching changes? i expect the coaching staff to be in tact until the day after christmas.

ziggy, you think that soon? I would think that CW waits until his ducks are in a row with new hires or after NSD. Are you under the impression that new coaches are already ready (already)? :) Just wondering.

ziggy, you think that soon? I would think that CW waits until his ducks are in a row with new hires or after NSD. Are you under the impression that new coaches are already ready (already)? :) Just wondering.

i dk when they'll axe the coaches, I'm just saying that they'll be here for the Bowl Game. Irishrick is implying that there will be changes before the game b/c of the spread which is absurd IMO.

I'm thinking about 2-3 go. You think less than that, schell?

My thinking exactly cj. I certainly expect to have a new OL coach, I think we are likely to have a new OC too. After that, I would just be guessing but I certainly think that Polian could be a casualty as well. Some have suspected Jappy but I think has done about as well as could be expected with the lack of depth and youth on the DL.

no changes before the game. not as many as you think afterward.............

agreed, I honestly think 3 coaches will be gone tops. I think we bring in 3 at least. I think Haywood is gone and we either bring in a RBs coach or Bernie Parmalee (who played RB in college) moves over to RBs coach and we bring in a TEs coach. I think we bring in an OL coach, and another offensive mind who will work with the QBs and I think Powlus will be like a special ass't on the offensive side of the ball.

Hey Ziggy, I've seen lots of talk on other boards from current coaches that say our WRs are poorly coached. They run lazy routes, don't block downfield, give away things at the line, poor initial moves off the line, etc. What do you think about moving Ainello to another spot, maybe TE coach and hiring a new WR coach?

As a coach, do you see these poor fundamentals with our WRs?

this is a joke--- hawaii favored by 3 --as i have said before, ive followed the rainbows for 20 years--- not only are we in a sketchy conference-- have weak schedules-- get literally the dregs as far as recruits go-- cant even get the top hawaii talent-- 2nd tier very game hawaii boys-- a few cali kids that have few offers--- and a handful of JC transfers---BUT on top of that= this is one of the weakest hawaii teams in 10 years-- after all guys this rainbow team lost the entire freakin offense-- all the receivers- the beat qb we ever had- the running backs-- and the best coach we ever had---IT is true we had a couple good years out here-- but this is hawaii-- not ND--this team has very little depth---a well prepared ND team--- that has any motivation at all should have no big problems with this particular hawaii team---floyd and tate should have a field day -- we should even be able to run pretty well-------- forget the line on this and dont be deceived --- ND should win this by 14 without a problem aloha and mahalo

No offense hawaii but Notre Dame should do a lot of things that we haven't seen in a while. Specifically, beat Navy and Syracuse without breaking much of a sweat. I hope you are right but after reading your posts and understanding the Bows a bit more, if we don't beat these guys handily it will be a tough pill to swallow.

I wish I could say I was confident but unfortunately, I'm not.

this is a joke--- hawaii favored by 3 --as i have said before, ive followed the rainbows for 20 years--- not only are we in a sketchy conference-- have weak schedules-- get literally the dregs as far as recruits go-- cant even get the top hawaii talent-- 2nd tier very game hawaii boys-- a few cali kids that have few offers--- and a handful of JC transfers---BUT on top of that= this is one of the weakest hawaii teams in 10 years-- after all guys this rainbow team lost the entire freakin offense-- all the receivers- the beat qb we ever had- the running backs-- and the best coach we ever had---IT is true we had a couple good years out here-- but this is hawaii-- not ND--this team has very little depth---a well prepared ND team--- that has any motivation at all should have no big problems with this particular hawaii team---floyd and tate should have a field day -- we should even be able to run pretty well-------- forget the line on this and dont be deceived --- ND should win this by 14 without a problem aloha and mahalo

Joke it is, Hawaii..... we were favored over Navy by 3 on a neutral field.

I have zero confidence in this team, and I'm sad to even type that.. If we win i will be very very happy,,,, and that is very sad.. We should win by 40.... Like Weis said 9-3 is just not good enough.... No it isn't.... 6-6 is "great" compared to last year though...:shock:

Hawaii...everything you say is right on...but I think I can give the Hawaii teams response to that whole entry with one word...the same word that I believe the Spartans were reported to have given to Phillip of Macedonia a couple of thousand years ago...

Phillip told the Spartans, "If I enter Laconia, I will level Sparta to the ground"

the Spartans replied ..."IF"...

its all true and sad isnt it-- you should imagine how i feel---watching and rooting for this tiny little underfunded program-- that almost gave up football after the wac broke apart 10 12 years ago-- being so thrilled the day we beat michigan state at the end of the year--- and last year with the best team we ever had finally beating boise state---it was a once in a program team for the rainbows---this year when ND was 4 and 2 the bows were loosing all over-- changing QBS every game-- rebuilding poorly---and now this --MY TEAM-- with at least two years off my life in emotional energy spent rising and falling with ND teams---comes limping out here-- with its tv contract-- its super bowl coach-- its no1 HS player in the country at QB-- a roster laden with 4 star players---and UNDERDOG to my adopted little foundling of a team-- the bows are cute the little engine that could -- BUT ND thats what college football is all about-- THIS CANT BE HAPPENING- LOL__so i have to conclude this is all decieving and ND MUST ROLL or the world just wont make sense!!