yanks and red sox battle again

Guest irishrick

Guest irishrick

Red Sox meet with CC

It did not take long for Boston to respond to the New York Yankees' wooing of free-agent left-hander CC Sabathia.

On the same day that the Yankees had their second meeting with Sabathia and his representatives, the Red Sox got together with him. Boston general manager Theo Epstein, manager Terry Francona and pitching coach John Farrell participated in the session. looks like the yankees need him really bad for the reported big dollars they are offering , what say you ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sophieisana

I hope the Yankees don't let him slip away, we need reliable pitching. I'm all for changing this team up this year, introduce our new stadium with new some new talent (talent with some fire in their belly's) Much like the Irish, teams don't seem to fear the Yankees like they used too.

Its pretty obvious CC wants to play on the west coast. Yanks should pull his offer and move on, he has wasted enough time. Go out and get Lowe then sign Sheets, no way do I want to see Burnett signed. Yanks have plenty of heart, injuries last year killed them and they still managed to win 89 games.

Guest sophieisana
Its pretty obvious CC wants to play on the west coast. Yanks should pull his offer and move on, he has wasted enough time. Go out and get Lowe then sign Sheets, no way do I want to see Burnett signed. Yanks have plenty of heart, injuries last year killed them and they still managed to win 89 games.

He may want to play on the west coast but the interest and money is clearly coming from the east coast. How much longer will he go back and forth with the Yankees and the Red Sox? Also, I'm aware of all the injuries, I just think this team still should have competed better last year, or for that matter, the last couple of years with the talent they've had.

Well as far as last year, losing Posada and Matsui for pretty much the entire year really hurt the O. Not many teams can lose their ace and come into a season with two young kids who didn't do dick, meaning Phil and Ian (USC grad bytheway.) and still win 89 games. Cano will have a big year this year just wait and see, way to good of a hitter and had an awful April which he couldn't pull out of, or else his numbers would've looked a little better.

CC is not going to the Red Sox and the Yanks will outbid them everytime for him, the Sox still haven't even put a number out yet and they want Tex anyways. If the guy ends up on the west coast like I suspect it will be for less money.

This team has plenty of heart as most of the core players are champions, this team lacks starting pitching the one thing that carried all the Yankee teams druing their run.

Guest irishrick

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman flew to San Francisco Tuesday night to meet with CC Sabathia, according to a major-league source. The meeting, first reported by Newsday, is the Yankees' third in three days with Sabathia and could indicate that negotations are coming to a head.

The Yankees' initial offer was for six years, $140 million, which would be a record contract for a starting pitcher. looks like its going to be a deal today

Guest irishcop

The Yankees will get him,,the union will never let him sign for less somewhere else,,,as a life long Yankee fan from New York I say pull his offer though,,,turn your nose up at 140 million,,,which is 40 million more than anyone else has offered then say your goodbyes,,,as for the Red Sox getting involved it shows just greedy CC is,,,trying to play the market,,,using the teams against each other

I hope the Yankees don't let him slip away, we need reliable pitching. I'm all for changing this team up this year, introduce our new stadium with new some new talent (talent with some fire in their belly's) Much like the Irish, teams don't seem to fear the Yankees like they used too.

uhhh ur a yankees fan. u like the cowboys too lol?

p.s. Go Phils!

Guest sophieisana
uhhh ur a yankees fan. u like the cowboys too lol?

p.s. Go Phils!

No, I don't like the Cowboys .. nor am I a Phillies fan .. :rolleyes:

The Yankees are what is wrong with baseball.....period. They are the reason I can't bare to watch the the sport that I grew up playing and loving.

The single worst thing to happen to sports since......Al Davis.

Ya the Yankees are the only team in professional sports giving players big contracts.

Guest sophieisana
The Yankees are what is wrong with baseball.....period. They are the reason I can't bare to watch the the sport that I grew up playing and loving.

You can't be serious .. ??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i agree with you somewhat, but the player's association is a big part of the problem. they're trying to set the economy with these huge deals and the yankees are going to be the only team able to do it. like jayson stark said, they're the most popular and biggest marketed team and they make a lot of money each year, so the fact they put it back into the club isnt a problem. the problem I see is they asked NYC for over 250 mil for the new park, but they have ove 250 mil in 2 players now (CC & ARod). That's where the issue comes in. With this year's free agents there are going to be a lot of dissappoint sluggers b/c they're expecting a big market, but with the problems in the economy no one will want to put 3 years 10 mil into a slugger unless they're top of the market unless ur the Skankees of course :-)

Guest irishcop

The Yankees can do whatever they want. If they pay a crazy salary they will just raise ticket prices,,advertising prices,,,or raise the rate on their own television company the YES network,,,the one thing I will say about the Yankees is that they arent pocketing that money,,,they always put it back into the team,,,what makes me mad as hell is these athletes hold out for more from the Yankees because of the threat that they dont want to play in NY,,,well then dont come here!!,,further look at all the marketing oppurtunities that exiswt here in NY,,,not only do you get paid more here for doing your profession you also get all the other money in endorsments,,,look at the Knicks and Lebron James,,,they cleared out all this salary space for this guy,,,if he wants to win he probably stay in Cleveland,,,however in NY he will make an unreal killing in endorsments that will dwarf any money he made in OH

well you can now add AJ Burnett if the reports are true, sounds like 5 years 82 million. I'm not a big fan of his but that is only because he is an injury waiting to happen. CC, Wang and AJ not a bad first three. Joba #4 although I'm hoping he makes his way back to the pen.

You can't be serious .. ??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You can't really think that I am joking....can you?

They Yankees would be screwed if the league was able to force a salary cap and/or "real" profit sharing. They have no clue how to "build" a team. They just buy the best players and hope they play at or above their potential.