another possible bowl

Motor City Bowl could be ND vs. Ball State.

Everything I heard though is that we have Big East ties this year, but the ESPN commentators mentioned ND possibly filling in for a Big 10 team if Ohio St gets the BCS bid.

With this being said, we wont know til Sunday night where we're going. I have a feeling we're gonna hafta wait til the BCS is announced.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TcFlint

The Big East has loose ties with the Motor City Bowl. This Detroit Bowl is affiliated with the Big Ten. However, if there are two Big Ten teams in a BCS Bowl like there appears to be this year (Penn St in the Rose and OSU in the Fiesta) they will be without a Big Ten team. That is why there has been serious speculation about Rutgers playing Ball St. and maybe even Notre Dame. Not a dream destination for ND seniors or Alumni, but a very well run bowl that typically gets 50,000 to 60,000 for it's game the day after Christmas. It is the only Bowl game on the 26th and the plus, I suppose is that you would get very good viewership on ESPN and good chances at a victory for the Irish. This Michigan and Notre Dame fan say's Go Irish in whatever Bowl you play in!!!

one of the factors the Irish should be looking for is to play a team with the best chance of winning. end the streak, its been like forever since the Irish won a bowl game.

i dont know much about either Rice or Ball State, but Ball State is ranked so im thinking i would rather play Rice in the Texas Bowl.

Guest TcFlint
TcFlint- even though ND will not be able to pick and choose much after a 6-6 game, I believe they still are looking for a game not that close to Christmas. Texas Bowl on 30 Dec might be more likely vs Rice.

IrishGrizz, I would think ND's first choice would be the Texas Bowl. I suppose the only downside would be that a majority of the very large and supportive alumni and fan base for the Fighting Irish would not be able to see their team play on December 30th because it will be televised by the NFL Network. I do not get the NFL Network on my cable system here in Northern Michigan so the selfish part of me hopes an ESPN affiliated bowl will get Notre Dame.

IrishGrizz, I would think ND's first choice would be the Texas Bowl. I suppose the only downside would be that a majority of the very large and supportive alumni and fan base for the Fighting Irish would not be able to see their team play on December 30th because it will be televised by the NFL Network. I do not get the NFL Network on my cable system here in Northern Michigan so the selfish part of me hopes an ESPN affiliated bowl will get Notre Dame.

Its also bad for any possible recruit that would like to see ND play. IMHO the Texas Bowl would be another very poor decision. ND's been making a few in the last few years.