Relax!

Guest FaceMask

Guest FaceMask

CW isn't going anywhere. He has to be given the time he needs to implement his program. That will not be until Jimmy C. is a Senior. I challenge anyone on this board to give me one instance when a Ntl. championship was won by Sophomores & freshmen. NC's are won by teams fielding Seniors. Wake up!:drunk:Have a Beer & watch this happen.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FaceMask

Speaking as a class. When Jimmy is a Senior all CWs first recruiting class will be in place. Jimmy won't win a Natl. Championship but the Defense will. Nobody wins anything without a great defense. I think that is coming along just fine for all the marbles in 2010.

Guest FaceMask
:mrgreen:
Facemask would I be on your enemies list if I disagreed? :) I ran out of patience after the BC goose egg.
No dude. I know this is NOTRE DAME and they are supposed to be ALL THAT but not recognizing the youth of the team & the youth of the overall program will lead you into thinking that turning a 3-9 season into a championship team can be done in the course of one season. This takes time and right now there will be a few lumps to take but starting next season ND will begin to give out the lumps and in 2010 look out. Just relax and stay with them for the big win in 10.

Guest IrishKevin1

I really hope you're right. I see the same results for '09 and '10. We have to let these freshman and sophomore classes grow up. This team could turn into the 'NASTY' football team CW promised us he would create. They are young, have attitude and a THIRST for winning. Let CW do his work and let this firing talk please rest.

GO IRISH

Next year all of Charlie's first recruiting class will be seniors. He will have Top 10 recruiting classes in each class at that point, and should be an elite team.

I've just lost confidence that he's the guy to do it. I mean, I don't want to sound like Mark May here, but has he ever beat a team he shouldn't? In the last three years (or since the USC loss/win), has he had a coaching performance where you said to yourself afterward, 'wow, this guy is going to win a national title.'?

I think the writing is on the wall, and you're right that in the next year or two, we should make the leap. I'm just real worried about wasting another year figuring out if Charlie can figure things out.

Guest FaceMask
Next year all of Charlie's first recruiting class will be seniors. He will have Top 10 recruiting classes in each class at that point, and should be an elite team.

I've just lost confidence that he's the guy to do it. I mean, I don't want to sound like Mark May here, but has he ever beat a team he shouldn't? In the last three years (or since the USC loss/win), has he had a coaching performance where you said to yourself afterward, 'wow, this guy is going to win a national title.'?

I think the writing is on the wall, and you're right that in the next year or two, we should make the leap. I'm just real worried about wasting another year figuring out if Charlie can figure things out.

:mrgreen: I can't say that I'm not worried too. But to change coaches now would insure mediocrity. I don't want to see ND wind up like OLE Miss.

Facemask, I'm totally with you. People were seriously ready to turn it in after BC? WOW!!! That's all I can say. If you told me that in an interview, I would have SERIOUS doubts about hiring you. How do you deal with a bad day? Or, a bad week? Do you just quit? Here's to people like that making it easy for me to move up in the world.

I challenge anyone on this board to give me one instance when a Ntl. championship was won by Sophomores & freshmen. NC's are won by teams fielding Seniors. Wake up!:drunk:Have a Beer & watch this happen.

USC won the Ntl. Championship in 2003 when reggie bush was a freshmen and again in 2004 when dwayne jarrett was a freshmen. LOL!

Guest FaceMask
USC won the Natl. Championship in 2003 when reggie bush was a freshmen and again in 2004 when dwayne jarrett was a freshmen. LOL!
I'm speaking of the team as a whole. Every Natl. Champ has had Freshmen & Sophomores.

I'm speaking of the team as a whole. Every Natl. Champ has had Freshmen & Sophomores.

i know i was just being a smart ass. i think one of the big reasons CW had so much success in his first two years was because ND was so top heavy with talent. most of NDs best players (quinn, stovall, mcknight, samardzija, landri, laws, abiamiri...) were all juniors, seniors and 5th year guys. next year CW wont have any excusses, he'll have four of his own classes. but i do think he has to retrain them on how to be hungry.

First problem with the argument of improvement is people are basing it off of a 3-9 season. That 3-9 season was the worst ever in ND history and Charlie is to blame - I would have accepted a 6-6 season due to the mess Ty left us with but anyone who says 3-9 is acceptable does not get what ND stands for. A 6-6 season this year is unacceptable given the schedule that we played - it is a shame that people have began to rationalize the worst back to back seasons in ND history - yes that is correct these two season have added up to be the worst back to back seasons in ND history. This is a proud program that deserves more than excuses. Maybe everyone needs to hear what Charlie said when he first came "You are what you are" and right now folks this is the worst two year span in the history of ND football!!

The thing is with youth, you can still have some type of a resemblance to a football team. I'm not saying you win, but rather suggesting that the unit fielded resembles a team sometimes.

Last year, that really never happened. Yes I know we won 3 games, but they looked like junior highers out there running around in circles. Now I've seen some improvements this year, but the regression at the end of the year suggests poor coaching. Just like how we didn't have anything close to a team last year, I would place this regression on the head coach.

That's 2 strikes and it seems to be getting worse. How much more can ND withstand? I'm in favor of retaining Weis for one more year, but he need to have a Herishoma lit under his ass. He needs to make a drastic change in his approach, staff, practicing and demeanor.

That's the only way I see light in this quagmire. :-D