2006 Outlook

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

Have to be hoping we soon solve the line situation and in our secondary at ND

I for one will be a little more relaxed 2006 with Zach, Jones and probably 2007 with Clausen aboard. While the first two will be Freshmen I was painfully aware all during 2005 just how much the season depended upon just Brady as Quarterback. Some star depth in that position will be grounds to open er up even a bit more.

Guest irishrick

sj WAS READING THAT THE EXPERTS INDICATED THAT JONES WAS GOING TO BE THE QB AT n d, I THOUGHT THAT ZACH WAS THE MAN AND MOVE JONES TO RB. :?:

Guest SirJohn

I was just saying only that "I" would feel better with 2 more QB's coming in for insurance during 2006. Anything about moving one of the QB's to running back is chatter by fans at this point in time and pure speculation.

As a fan only I would like to see Jones back up QB slot but take on Punting chores as well. Punt-pass accurately- and run all from that position as Punter. But that's just my Fan wish.

Neither have I neglected the other QBs on roster before Zach and Jones arrive.

i cant remember where i read it but i saw a questioned asked on some website that who gets the start once Quinn is done, and it was mentioned that Evan Sharpley would likely get the start.. but does that sound right?

Quinn should be there during the 2006 season, and at the start of the 2007 season wouldnt both Frazer and Jones be just as equiped to start over Sharpley?

i dont really know much about Evan Sharpley

Guest SirJohn

Seems Sharpley would have the most experience therefore be #2 if not beaten out..

Mostly it's just comfortable to know there is a QB cushion now depth wise at that position if something should happen. Sharpley would know the system and playbook beeter in 2006 then Zach or Jones.

Guest IrishTobey

The x factor of course is Weis and I think he could get my Uncle Fred ready to play QB. Whoever the QB is ND will be fine. The bigger concern to me is the O-line. ND will need some kids to grow up fast in 07

Guest SirJohn

Here' my read on the 2006 recruiting, outlook situation.

Given how improved the guys on the team are in 2006. (9-3) Charlie appears to be addressing immediate D worries but on the whole bulking up the Offensive in recruiting.

That is to say in the 2006 season...Depending more on the Offense, as in 2005 to keep ahead of our opponents for at least a minmum 9 win season.?

Rolling the dice. He does gamble. Then for the 2007 grab a few hot Offense and go for the Defense which will melt 2007-08. A way of catching up till the Defense is established like a rock wall as is the Offense.

(?)