Mustaine hoping

Guest irishrick

Guest irishrick

Mustaine has yet to decide on his college destination. His list includes Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, and Notre Dame. The Irish have two quarterback commitments with Demetrius Jones and Zach Frazer, so I’m not sure where Mustain fits in. Unless we have a player who decommits, mustain will go to Tenn, but he is hoping that the Irish will take him, he will have to have a long chat with Coach, i believe, before he can be accepted at N D. :)

at this point i wouldnt want him.

as mentioned ND allready has 2 QB's in this class aswell as wanting more next year.

the Irish only have 2 more spots open for commits right? and if Mustain was to pick ND that would leave one other player ND wants not able to come to ND right?

so personally i hope he doesnt come to ND

ive never really followed recruiting and how it all works, but the Irish have an offer out for Mustain right?

there are 2 open spots for recruits, hoping to be Young and McCoy.

cant Mustain right now just pick the Irish anyway and take one of those spots? leaving only one spot left.

i guess it isnt first come first serve where Mustain could jump at one of those spots?

i might know how it works and just cant remember right now :?

Guest SirJohn

No problem Special speak up and post more often.

The situation is mostly a mutual thing between school and kid verbing.

It is difficult to explain. :roll: 2 slots left.....Really the need is BIG linemen. So ND can say to Mustain no..hold hold.or no no to anyone yet if they do not have a solid Verb. Kid might WANT ND but we have no room.

No linemen...... we suffer down the road about 2007-2008. So in general with 2 hot QB's we don't need another.

This is not the best explantion but hope it helps?

Post more :)

I have posted on Mustain here before and not to nice like either but after listening to the kids interview and hearing him speak on National tv He doesnt seem like that bad of a kid. He is a teenager and teenagers do some crazy things that leave you scratchin your head sometimes. Were we getting this kind of attention from top recruits last year? Think about where Notre Dame has come from fellas. If we were getting attention from the National Player of the Year last recruiting year and the years before that,thats one thing but It has been so long since a top recruit like Mustain has even looked at Notre Dame and now we are trying to pick and choose who we want. Mustain is the National High School player of the year! He is that for a reason. I understand everyone wants Young and McCoy. I want Young and McCoy too but having the National High School Player of the Year commit to your program after the last few recruiting classes weve had is saying something. Since when have we earned the right to be picky? I like Frazer and im still learning about Jones but this kid is the no.1 quarterback in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.Think about that!!! Could he be pulling our chain? Sure ,but all im saying is if we got Mustain and McCoy you wont hear me complaining. Thinking about it ,I am so happy with this class already I dont care who we get to cap it off. I do know it is going to be two outstanding players and ill be happy with both!

I care who we get because we still have two glowing needs, a right tackle ready to play next year and a impact DT, who could stepl up and get some reps next year, both of those are the two spots we still have to fill. As great as our o-line class is so far, i dont believe any of the tackles will be ready to start next year, now we do have turkovich and duncan, but Young would be an upgrade from either of them, and if our line has a weak spot then good coaches will find that and keep picking on it, which could hurt our offense next year. As far as DT goes, ok there are a few kids who could fill DT in this class already, Olsen and Mullen mainly, but neither would be an impact this year or maybe even next year, we need to find a DT stud and the one that is left is McCoy, Kates seems to be lost in Pa, so McCoy is our hope and my feeling is despite, his "interview eliminating us and Mustain's radio convo i believe he is still in. I also believe Young is in, if he was picking USC he would be canceling his trip to us like he did PSU and Michigan, I think he will pick ND then come here just to take an official and celebrate his decision. Mustain may be a good qb but ill take our qb's first, i think Jones is a stud, and can everyone please stop this because he is black he is a scrambler, this guy is mobile in the same sense brady quinn is, as i believe it was broker who said once, they have the same 40 speed, Brady can get out of the pocket if he has to but only when he has to and I feel like Jones is the same way, so please stop with this running qb stuff, he is a QB and Weis obviously likes him because he offered him, and he is obviously a good QB because he made the AA team, and we know where coach stands with Zac, because Zac was his first choice, so mitch go back to arkansas have fun being average i want to keep the two we got and get claussen next year. To sum up, this is a Great class, but we still go two needs and Young and McCoy are the only way to go to fill those needs

Guest SirJohn

Jk I agree on the linemen you mentioned. The link below is about Ohio State's need for linemen. Also provides some insight on how the State of Ohio is being raided for class A players in recruiting. :D

What ever the Coach decides per starting jobs I side with.Each QB will bring something different to the table. There's a Presser somewhere where Weis says at the Pats they had Brady plays (and if he would gio down ) then this set of plays just for the back up QB there. I am sure he has Quinn plays, back up plays will install Zach and Jones plays.

I just have an aversion to running QBs.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/football/football.php?story=dispatch/2006/01/15/20060115-E5-01.html

According to Rivals, Notre Dame will make it official today and tell Mustain that they are NOT recruiting him and he will have to look elsewhere.

Considering that Jimmy Clausen was on campus this weekend, Charlie and the coaches obviously got very good vibes that Jimmy will be coming to ND. It appears that our main competition is South Carolina, NOT Southern California.

I'm just glad that this MM thing has been put to rest.

Also, in an interview with Benn. Benn said that him and Jimmy plan to go to the same school. ND is the only one that is listed in both of their favorites.

Guest Champion10

fantastic news about Clausen and Benn :D

I kind of feel sorry for Mustain for not going to ND(but he should have commited earlier). I hope he goes to Arkansas ot Alabama now.

Mustain commits — again — to Arkansas SPRINGDALE, Ark. (AP) — Mitch Mustain, considered by many the top high school quarterback in the nation, committed to play college football at Arkansas on Monday.

Mustain told Gus Malzahn, his former Springdale High School coach and current Arkansas offensive coordinator, about his decision Monday afternoon and spoke to Arkansas coach Houston Nutt on Monday evening.

The player had committed to Arkansas on Aug. 15, but later withdrew that commitment in a meeting with Nutt after the Razorbacks finished with a 4-7 season. He said Arkansas always was his first choice but he had "some things I wanted cleared up."

Now, Mustain said, he's certain of his decision.

"This time around, I've exhausted every option out there," Mustain told The Morning News in a story posted on the Springdale newspaper's website. "This time, I honestly feel better now than I did in August when I committed."

Mustain is one of the nation's most sought-after preps players and was named the Parade Magazine Player of the Year. He has never lived more than 20 minutes away from the University of Arkansas campus in Fayetteville.

Mustain said his concerns were answered after a meeting Friday at 12:01 a.m. with the entire Arkansas offensive coaching staff. The meeting was held so late to avoid meeting during the NCAA-recruiting dead period.

In another Friday meeting, Mustain talked with Arkansas quarterbacks coach Alex Wood, who told Mustain that the Razorbacks would only use him next season — foregoing his redshirt year — if he plays better than current Arkansas quarterbacks Casey Dick, Alex Mortenson and Robert Johnson during fall practices.

Mustain said Monday that with his decision made he was ready for things to, "get back to normal." He called the decision the most important of his life.

"I'm excited just to get up there and get started," Mustain told The Morning News. "Honestly, I wish I could be up there for the spring I'm so ready to get going."