Things are looking bad with the Clausen situation

Guest JerryMac

Guest JerryMac

long time lurker/insider here at domer domain, I told insiders here a couple of months ago about the Darrin Walls situation, which was first debunked by most, but later revealed publicly, like I said it would be..

The deal with Clausen is looking bad right now, early indications are that he will in fact be punished. How long is not yet known, but from what I hear a 1-4 game suspension at the least is likely, possibly even more depending on his coursework.

This is out of Weis' hands. The school doesn't take public black eyes like this likely. All the other players in the pic will be spared with a light punishment, but seeing how this is JC's second incident(if you even want to call it that) the Res life committee will without question punish.

I personally think this punishment would be ridiculous, and the only reson its being enforced is because of the media attention its received.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Still it is conjecture so far. If so Sharpley isn't in football shape, and Crist is possibly into the first 10 pages of the playbook.

I'm not biting. No proof whatsoever in this case. Although the university doesn' like black eyes, I think they are fully aware of what the effects might be of further escalating this non-issue, not only for this season, but also with the prospective recruits who will clearly see that ND doesn't allow students to be college kids.

Guest heismancaliber
long time lurker/insider here at domer domain, I told insiders here a couple of months ago about the Darrin Walls situation, which was first debunked by most, but later revealed publicly, like I said it would be..

The deal with Clausen is looking bad right now, early indications are that he will in fact be punished. How long is not yet known, but from what I hear a 1-4 game suspension at the least is likely, possibly even more depending on his coursework.

This is out of Weis' hands. The school doesn't take public black eyes like this likely. All the other players in the pic will be spared with a light punishment, but seeing how this is JC's second incident(if you even want to call it that) the Res life committee will without question punish.

I personally think this punishment would be ridiculous, and the only reson its being enforced is because of the media attention its received.

I don't buy that for one second

Guest Shamrock83

One of the lamest decisions of all time if the players get punished... there isn't even any evidence of them doing anything wrong. Now I'm not stupid they probably were drinking but as far as evidence goes... unless some other people in that picture go and rat them out nobody can put a finger on anything. Is it possible for any of them to appeal a punishment? It's not a court case but still, they should be able to deny any wrong-doing and point out that there is no proof of anything. Once again, lamest decision ever.... and whoever is responsible for laying down a punishment for these pics is a candidate for d-bag of the year.

OK I feel a little better now lol...

I'm not biting. No proof whatsoever in this case. Although the university doesn' like black eyes, I think they are fully aware of what the effects might be of further escalating this non-issue, not only for this season, but also with the prospective recruits who will clearly see that ND doesn't allow students to be college kids.

I think your comments are brilliant especially about letting kids be kids. The key to this is yes the odds are even thought the beer was on the table and not in their hands that they were drinking. Its not a DUI they did not hurt anybody or themselves.

"10.) Will the recent Beer Olympic pictures have any impact on the upcoming season?

The bad news yes, but it's not what you think. This is Jimmy Clausen's second alcohol related offense, while it is the first time for Armando Allen, Brian Smith, and James Aldridge. Aldridge will most likely be unscathed as he is now of legal age. Allen and Smith will most likely serve some type of community service. Clausen on the other hand will be at the mercy of the Student Affairs board. The worst case scenario for a second violation of underage drinking will be community service and a substance abuse class and counseling. We'll take that sentence any day!"

I was an RA in Dillon. ResLife is full of a bunch of power hungry, ego driven assholes who sit on their pedastals. Fortunately, Malloy isn't in power, now, so I have a feeling Jenkins has a pretty level head on his shoulders about the totality of the University of Notre Dame and the business it represents. (Notre Dame University is a little school where Condi Rice got a Masters in Russian.) Jimmy may get punished by ResLife as a student, but I don't see it translating to punishment on the field.

Whether you can see the alchohol in his hand or not, ResLife will make the inference. Also, ND students represent the school on and off the field, on campus and at home... It's written into whatever the crap is we sign as freshmen. They can punish you for any offense if they find out about it.

Fortunately, you get people to vouch for you at the ResLife hearing, too, so... We will see. My personal opinion... Jimmy may get some campus BS, but nothing for football except ladders after practice or something to make him regret being a moron like his other two brothers.

Personally, as an RA, you better believe I not only turned a blind eye to everything, but I encouraged it, and participated in violating the rules every chance I got; because ND is TOO strict. I figured, what better way to undermine the system than be in a position of power...

What is this whole... They don't have beers in their hands argument, btw? They're holding cups, next to a cups table, dressed as if they are a team, at the beer olympics, celebrating something, and Jimmy is cheersing a girl. Let's cut the crap. They're drinking beer...

Guest Shamrock83
What is this whole... They don't have beers in their hands argument, btw? They're holding cups, next to a cups table, dressed as if they are a team, at the beer olympics, celebrating something, and Jimmy is cheersing a girl. Let's cut the crap. They're drinking beer...

Yes... they are... but we can't prove that now can we. Can't really make a punishment based off of an assumption unless its coming from Mr. and Mrs. Clausen or something.

reslife can CDs nuts..haha i hate thme. I dodged them like red balls in p.e......oh man i hope someone in the admin..along with all those millionaire boosters put pressure to make sure J.C. does NOT miss one second of football!!!! we were 3-9 last year!!! I am sorry but this is a 20yr old holding a cup of ???? and tryign to be an average college kid. This is exactly what prevents kids form coming to school here. back in the early 90's they had wild crazy parties over in grace hall(r.i.p.) with kegs set up in the elevators....come on Jenkins, tell people to cool their jets and watch that youtube tape of that former oklahoma wr.

let me say that as a recipient of both multiple punishments one famously reversed after aclu and student body pressure-- as well as mutiple leniencies for some infractions that perhaps deserved more-- i will tell you all this-- the university of notre dame although perfectly at ease with overeaching disipline and catholic self immolation--- this university will never be bullied or prodded into action by others and make no mistake about that!!!--- this is not a police matter that spilled out-- it is an article from no less then sb trib by agenda driven writers acting on a pathetic tip -- televised by our beloved friends on espn - the university will not be driven by that-- it will in fact do the opposite-- there will be absolutely nothing punitive from this matter and take that to the bank boys aloha

The more I read about this issue on pretty much every major notre dame website, the more annoying it becomes. If anyone of our players receives a suspension for that, it is beyond ridiculous. I do think they need to use better judgement but with todays technology that is easier said then done. I don't expect them to not ever go out and have a good time. They are in college and should enjoy it.

But, the more I think about the picture, I am glad to see our players hanging out outside of football. If I recall, some of the biggest complaints from last year was that there was this huge division among players(sullivan in particular). Well if they are hanging out in the beer olympics(thats some serious bonding with each other because of the games and amount of booze used) they likely enjoy being around eachother. The more our team is together will hopefully lead to a team on that field that plays great together. Not to mentionwe all hear how Notre Dame isn't party school, maybe this can help combat notion. Friday can't get here soon enough so this will all just end.