Anthony Barr 2010 DE

From Loyola High School in California... is 6'4" 230lbs. and plays RUNNING BACK in high school, but being recruited by ND as an athlete... Father is Alumni Tony Brooks and uncle is Reggie Brooks... both ND running backs in the late 80's- early 90's... Has a verbal offer and mother said it would be a dream come true for him and family if he went there...

^In my opinion... he is all but IRISH!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong but I think that Reggie Brooks works for Notre Dame right now.

works for und.com

as for Anthony, where'd you find out that he has a verbal offer? Just need some clarification before I add him to the Verbal Offers. Thanks, looks like we could have two DE commits by the 2nd wk in September. DE - Chance Carter really loves ND as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Loyola HS in LA, and I graduated in 2001 with a guy named Matt Ware who was a Freshman All-American at UCLA and the best athlete I have ever met in person (and that includes Justin Tuck with lived in O'neill with me at ND). Anyways, I just talked to one of my former teachers and football coaches at Loyola and he said the following about Anthony Barr: "Anthony Barr makes Matt Ware look small. He's quick, big, aggressive, humble and very talented. If he stays healthy he could be the best athlete to graduate from Loyola... and I bet he'll play on Sundays one day."

Thought I would share that with you all. I will try to find out about his affiliation / interest in ND, but I know that Loyola isn't typically and ND feeder (I was the only kid in my class to go to ND) and it is right down the street (literally) from USC. We will see what happens.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a top 10 national recruit. Hopefully ND lands him.

I went to Loyola HS in LA, and I graduated in 2001 with a guy named Matt Ware who was a Freshman All-American at UCLA and the best athlete I have ever met in person (and that includes Justin Tuck with lived in O'neill with me at ND). Anyways, I just talked to one of my former teachers and football coaches at Loyola and he said the following about Anthony Barr: "Anthony Barr makes Matt Ware look small. He's quick, big, aggressive, humble and very talented. If he stays healthy he could be the best athlete to graduate from Loyola... and I bet he'll play on Sundays one day."

Thought I would share that with you all. I will try to find out about his affiliation / interest in ND, but I know that Loyola isn't typically and ND feeder (I was the only kid in my class to go to ND) and it is right down the street (literally) from USC. We will see what happens.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if he is a top 10 national recruit. Hopefully ND lands him.

Great post Grease. Considering the comments made by both mother and recruit, as well as the familial ties to the school, I gotta feel very, very good about our odds here.

• 2 months later...

Found this on another site, free info here :

Anthony Barr

At 6-foot-4, 230-pounds, Anthony Barr of Los Angeles (Calif.) Loyola is physically comparable to USC safety Taylor Mays. Although not quite as fast or athletic, Barr has proven to be a gifted and bruising tailback and is almost certainly a top 100 caliber player nationally. Through six games, the workhorse running back has amassed 1,008 rushing yards and 15 touchdowns on 105 carries. Barr is being recruited as an athlete and has received a scholarship offer from USC, but considering he has more ties to South Bend than Mike Golic has Nutrisystem commercials, Barr is widely expected to sign with the Irish. However, whether he plays running back at the next level remains in question.

i think barr could fill his frame out to 270 pretty easy, with his skills he could make a nice DE.
I'm not sure how you can say that he can easily put on 45 pounds unless you've seen his body, some of the guys are early bloomers and start filling out while still in HS and 270 could very well be pushing it. I think regardless that he can add 15 to 25 pounds but that would get him into the 240 to 250 range.

I know some see his body type and see him as one thing but maybe his skill set is better for another and I think we are assuming to much of how big he will be and where he's best suited.

I personally like him as a Brandon Jacob's type RB, a power, power RB.

I'm not sure how you can say that he can easily put on 45 pounds unless you've seen his body, some of the guys are early bloomers and start filling out while still in HS and 270 could very well be pushing it. I think regardless that he can add 15 to 25 pounds but that would get him into the 240 to 250 range.

I know some see his body type and see him as one thing but maybe his skill set is better for another and I think we are assuming to much of how big he will be and where he's best suited.

I personally like him as a Brandon Jacob's type RB, a power, power RB.

Brandon Jacobs is listed at 265 so you are disagreeing that without Dangeruss seeing Anthony's frame then speculating Anthony might carry 270 is pushing it but 265 isn't? : ) jk

Brandon Jacobs is listed at 265 so you are disagreeing that without Dangeruss seeing Anthony's frame then speculating Anthony might carry 270 is pushing it but 265 isn't? : ) jk
I said a Jacob's like RB not a carbon copy that's 265 pounds big but one that's about 250. Adding 20 to 25 lbs from HS to college is much different that 40 to 50 pounds and maybe he can but without knowing how mature he is now with how much he's already filled out I can't say that he would still be himself at that size.

Forget letting him play DE....This kid is a legit RB. He was on the NBC HS highlights out here last night, and he was pulling away from the kids chasing him. Pulling away...at his size....that's just sick.
I agree, I want mix of different types of RB's for the Irish staff to choice from.