Shaquelle Evans Indeed

Notre Dame is leading for the 5 star WR who reminds me of a smaller T.O..

I normally am not a betting man, but given recent events pertaining to "The Diesel", I would definately expect a commitment from him. "Tom", my on-campus friend, has informed me of mumblings from players regarding Mr. Shaq and his intentions on commiting, and also how some student body members are even going to make superman capes for him when he visits for the Purdue game. No smoke and mirrors here. He'll look good in blue and gold! :D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally am not a betting man, but given recent events pertaining to "The Diesel", I would definately expect a commitment from him. "Tom", my on-campus friend, has informed me of mumblings from players regarding Mr. Shaq and his intentions on commiting, and also how some student body members are even going to make superman capes for him when he visits for the Purdue game. No smoke and mirrors here. He'll look good in blue and gold! :D

Superman capes? that makes sense. durr.

he looks like a bigger Golden Tate, and by that i mean his face not his game. Floyd is the TO clone, minus the attitude. Shaq seems like a Rhema to me, physically strong from the day he'll step on campus, agile, athletic, just not a Ted Ginn.

Edit: btw, thank you for the info though. that's big time if true.

Edited by tchris555

:D

Thanks DJ but I have a question about this comment. Is this something that Shaq directly said or is it just an opinion? Because from my vantage point, we appear to be in a pretty good position here but I have never heard him say we lead.

thanks again.

Edited by Rockne3d

Thanks SJ but I have a question about this comment. Is this something that Shaq directly said or is it just an opinion? Because from my vantage point, we appear to be in a pretty good position here but I have never heard him say we lead.

thanks again.

"Notre Dame leads for this 5-star WR" is not a quote from Shaq. It is a derivative of all the information attained. Did Shaq actually say we are his favorites? No, but he tried to commit to us already, and Brian told him to wait until his official visit. So that would seem to indicate a favorable position for the Irish. Not only has he switched his visit game, he switched it so he could spend more time in Southbend. With all of the numerous reports, especially the one I mentioned (free of charge), I will say it emphatically, Notre Dame leads for this 5-star! :D

Was that the story that he wanted to commit to us? I was thinking it was to someone else. If so, by us telling him to wait and take a visit shows a lot of class by Polian and the staff IMO and shows we care about guys vs. perhaps some others who are just trying to get guys in the door.

Guest brady112106

This is definitely good news. I've posted before that I have really good feelings about this receiver eventually being Blue & Gold. I like the confirmation. I'm going to go out on a limb and still say he's Irish before the Michigan game. It's just my opinion, nothing factual. He may have stated he's tired of the process, but taking the extra time to think about his decision and weigh his options. I think his decision will be confirmed in his head soon, making him feel more comfortable committing, and making Polian more comforatble accepting. I can't wait to have him aboard.

Not to be glum, but I've heard it may be a bit of a "leader by default" scenario.

SC has three wide outs in the hopper with this class, and their depth chart is pretty full already, which I've heard is a significant strike against them.

UCLA isn't doing so hot, thanks to their QB situation and the direction the program is taking with Rick Neuheisal.

Couple that with the chatter of maybe wrapping the show up out of frustration, and I think thats why - if the story is as Don Juan says - you could see Polian actually talking him OUT of committing to ND so soon. Its much better to see the campus and be sold on what we're offering, rather than get the commit because his first two options have glaring problems for him, and we're the tallest midget left in the room.

Its starting to get hard to follow what actually has taken place with Shaq this summer. Some say he tried to commit, others say he thought about it but never did, some think UCLA is still #1 on the list, other say ND, some are mumbling about Colorado... I hope this thing quiets down a bit, before it reaches Chris Watt levels of "word on the street" reports (not that I'm helping matters :D ).

"Notre Dame leads for this 5-star WR" is not a quote from Shaq. It is a derivative of all the information attained. Did Shaq actually say we are his favorites? No, but he tried to commit to us already, and Brian told him to wait until his official visit. So that would seem to indicate a favorable position for the Irish. Not only has he switched his visit game, he switched it so he could spend more time in Southbend. With all of the numerous reports, especially the one I mentioned (free of charge), I will say it emphatically, Notre Dame leads for this 5-star! :D

Thanks DJ. I didn't want you thinking I was trying to call you out, just trying to clarify. I agreee with you when you say we are in a favorable position.

Thanks DJ. I didn't want you thinking I was trying to call you out, just trying to clarify. I agreee with you when you say we are in a favorable position.

No problem Rock. :D I still can't believe the recruits we're getting. I hope it translates onto the field!

Took me a while to check out his videos as well. Gotta say, though, he wasn't looking too hot in this Trojan Camp vid....

While he didn't look amazing I can't say it's all his fault either. He had one outright drop, on one reception he slipped, and the other 2 were terrible throws. You had the side line route in which the QB threw the ball too far inside and the DB was able to get a hand on it and on the out route that got INT'd the QB was WAY late as Evans was already stopping at the sideline as the ball came into his area (and it was thrown way behind him).

while i do hope we land this kid i dont see him being a 5 star when everything is said and done.....i've been saying that for a while. I had the same opinion about that Shoemate kid that USC got early last year and im pretty sure he was downgraded pretty far eventually