Commit #11 - Tyler Eifert

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AM 1260 in Indianapolis has said that he committed as a wide receiver, that is the only surprise of his committment...he must have ran well at the camp

not surprised to see him commit but i can't say im totally impressed with his film. good hands, fine athlete, to slow for WR...all in all i just wasn't wowed by his film. IMO he's probbly a better fit at TE but with ragone, rudolph and faruia he probbly wont see a lot of action.

Guest The_Dude_454
not surprised to see him commit but i can't say im totally impressed with his film. good hands, fine athlete, to slow for WR...all in all i just wasn't wowed by his film. IMO he's probbly a better fit at TE but with ragone, rudolph and faruia he probbly wont see a lot of action.

If I recall the last tall skinny TE recruit we landed about 5 years ago turned out to be a pretty good player. Don't count him out just because he is not rated 4 or 5 stars or you aren't impressed with his film. I'm not saying you can't evaluate film, just that sometimes what a kid does in HS vs. College can be a complete 180 (good to bad and vice versa).

Edit: I'm not saying he is bad in HS. I simply ment to convey that 3* recruits can turn out better than 5* ones.

If I recall the last tall skinny TE recruit we landed about 5 years ago turned out to be a pretty good player. Don't count him out just because he is not rated 4 or 5 stars or you aren't impressed with his film. I'm not saying you can't evaluate film, just that sometimes what a kid does in HS vs. College can be a complete 180 (good to bad and vice versa).

Edit: I'm not saying he is bad in HS. I simply ment to convey that 3* recruits can turn out better than 5* ones.

I agree Dude..There are some coaches who would rather have 3* players and coach them up..Not saying they only get 3* players...Plus Rivals has him listed as a TE...So maybe we will groom him to be a great TE...

Welcome Tyler to the ND family...

Hey Zmoney welcome to DD man..

yeah, i see what your saying. a lot of times recruiting is all about projecting a prospect to be in 3-4 years down the road. these kids are still growing into their bodies and their really not close to hitting the roof yet potential wise, so hopefully he turns out to be a productive player.

yeah, i see what your saying. a lot of times recruiting is all about projecting a prospect to be in 3-4 years down the road. these kids are still growing into their bodies and their really not close to hitting the roof yet potential wise, so hopefully he turns out to be a productive player.

clearly, or schools like Troy would never have 1st rounders or NFL studs, but they do (umenyiora)