Lalota article up on Scout

Guest godblessgeorgebush

hes not a 3-4 end...hes a tackle..somebody should tell this kid hes a TACKLE not and end especially on a 3-4

hes not a 3-4 end...hes a tackle..somebody should tell this kid hes a TACKLE not and end especially on a 3-4

I told him…..he said he is going to rip off your arms and beat you with ’em!!!

Jk

Welcome to DD godblessgeorgebush. Great name....unfortunately yogurt doesn’t post here anymore.

Edited by Semper Fi ND du Lac

Guest Irishrider

Lalota adds 15 to 20 lbs and he is perfect fit for end in a 3-4. How can you say he is not? He's got that size plus good speed and quickness.

Guest godblessgeorgebush

6'6 most times is to big to play in a 3-4 because most guards can get under you and drive you off the line..you have to be a real warrior with great technique to play end in a 3/4 at 6'6....im not sure lolata is that warrior...

ps please stop saying or referring to coaches of notre dame as great talent evaluators...they haven't proved ANYTHING yet and until i see results on the field im not giving them the benefit of the doubt...

Guest SirJohn

Comments on the player duely noted and your view respected. But please stay on topic. Comments on player evaluation by coaches should be made in OPEN or GENERAL so the thread does not get hijacked. We need to stay on the topic wich started the thread.

6'6 most times is to big to play in a 3-4 because most guards can get under you and drive you off the line..you have to be a real warrior with great technique to play end in a 3/4 at 6'6....im not sure lolata is that warrior...

ps please stop saying or referring to coaches of notre dame as great talent evaluators...they haven't proved ANYTHING yet and until i see results on the field im not giving them the benefit of the doubt...

What have you proved exactly as a talent evaluator? You're here applying laws of physics and assuming it as truth in football. Yes height does help with leverage, but that's mostly in reference to mediocre players.

Here's a list of every starting 3-4 NFL defensive end and their height:

Marcus Spears 6'4"

Chris Canty 6'7"

Ty Warren 6'5"

Richard Seymour 6'6"

Shaun Ellis 6'5"

Kenyon Coleman 6'5"

Ray McDonald 6'3"

Justin Smith 6'4"

Igor Olshansky 6'6"

Luis Castillo 6'3"

Trevor Pryce 6'5"

Haloti Ngata 6'4"

Corey Williams 6'4"

Robaire Smith 6'4"

Aaron Smith 6'5"

Brett Keisel 6'5"

Average: 6'4.7"; which makes LaLota 1.3 inches taller than the average NFL 3-4 end. How exactly does he not fit in at DE? It's not like I just listed every 'animal' 3-4 end in the league. That's just pretty much the 'standard' for a 3-4 end. You don't have to be that short. Most of the better 3-4 ends on that last are all 6'5"+.

guards can get under anyone, thats what theyre taught to do, DEs in the 4-3 have the same problem with guards, fullbacks, and tight ends

...but newyas, back to the topic, lalota is a must get, imo, him, muldoon, and stockton would be a pretty good recruiting haul for the d-line, and there is the possibility of a 4th

You hit the nail on the head, it is all about technique and if he can keep his pads low he shouldn't have a problem with people running at his legs. Those other NFL guys seem to be having pretty good careers even though some are 6'5" and 6'6". Besides, people with long arms can be disruptive in taking away passing lanes and can be better at wrapping guys up on tackles.

Reneg, awesome post! My thoughts exactly.

Kudos from Rockne3d, I should go buy a lottery ticket!

Joking aside, thanks. And by the way on second review of my original post I didn't mean to come across as rude, I was merely trying to get my point across. No disrespect is ever intended in my posts to anyone here on DD.

Guest irishrick

6'6' or what ever size it really doesn't matter if you have heart and ability, desire., you can play where ever you want to . look at even Rudy , made a play and he was size nothing even with rocks in his pocket , but he had the desire and the heart. go Irish

Kudos from Rockne3d, I should go buy a lottery ticket!

Joking aside, thanks. And by the way on second review of my original post I didn't mean to come across as rude, I was merely trying to get my point across. No disrespect is ever intended in my posts to anyone here on DD.

Oh you got your point across! Well done.