Chris Watt visit

just wanted to make a thread for his visit today.

There were rumors that he was in town last nite and he may have given his verbal, but that looks to be just that RUMORs so far.

If anything finds anything concrete or just has anything to add, share it!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brady112106

Not much news lately here. I've heard he's been a silent to OSU for a couple of weeks but may have verballed to CW. No confirmations still either way.

More like not much "foolproof" news. Plenty of smoke from both sides, but nothing definite. I've heard:

- Long time silent to OSU

- Told OSU players/recruits he's coming

- On campus yesterday and verballed to ND

- Being buddy buddy with current players and last year's recruits

- Verballed to Weis while visiting today

And all of that has come across my wires within the last month.

Unless you give me a guy who really, really knows his stuff like rmolek on the rivals mainboard, I'm waiting for the fat lady to sing on this one. And even then, as close as its been and as many visits as he's taken, I get the feeling this could go the way of a few of our borderline guys last year (Robinson, Walker), in that it ain't over 'til the LOI comes through.

Guest smw6230
I get the feeling this could go the way of a few of our borderline guys last year (Robinson, Walker), in that it ain't over 'til the LOI comes through.

It'll be over long before that.

OSU has a finite number of scholarships availiable. With the way their class is going they only have 2-4 spots left. Couple that lack of room together with their needs along the OL and they aren't with going to hold a spot open for a recruit months on end in the hope that they change their mind.

If Watt pledges to ND OSU will offer one of the Ohio kids they're in on and they will be more than happy to quickly take his spot in their recruiting class.

Edited by smw6230

OSU has a finite number of scholarships availiable. With the way their class is going they only have 2-4 spots left. Couple that lack of room together with their needs along the OL and they aren't with going to hold a spot open for a recruit months on end in the hope that they change their mind.

If Watt pledges to ND OSU will offer one of the Ohio kids they're in on and they will be more than happy to quickly take his spot in their recruiting class.

Very good point SMW and welcome to the DD!

All I'm saying is, you never know with these kids. There were mumblings that Andrew Sweat wanted in on ND towards the end. Hunter *alledgedly* wanted in on UGA, who didn't have space... until 5 minutes after he faxed in his LOI to Florida because a kid went back on his word. Crazy stuff happens on signing day.

That said, thats a rather unlikely scenario, so good point. I don't see Watt picking OSU, then flipping his lid over ND running out of space and pinning to switch at the 11th hour by hoping some kid renegs on his committment - or vice virsa for that matter.

Guest TheMan2828
I wouldn't get worked up. Chris Watt has this thing all planned out. This trip was never going to blow his mind.

He's already been to ND several times so you are right. But his OSU visit didn't come close to "blowing his mind" either.

ND is very much in this.

I wouldn't get worked up. Chris Watt has this thing all planned out. This trip was never going to blow his mind.

Umm...yeah thats why he said he was close to committing but was told to take his visits to PSU and BC. Charlie is a smart guy, he knows the longer this goes on the more and more likely it is ND.

These next two weeks are going to be crazzzzy.

Marlon Pollard(****)

Chris Watt(****)

Anthony LaLota(****)

EJ Banks(***)

Mike Jones(***)

Uzoma Nwanchuchu(****) he is visiting the 3rd.

Umm...yeah thats why he said he was close to committing but was told to take his visits to PSU and BC. Charlie is a smart guy, he knows the longer this goes on the more and more likely it is ND.

These next two weeks are going to be crazzzzy.

Marlon Pollard(****)

Chris Watt(****)

Anthony LaLota(****)

EJ Banks(***)

Mike Jones(***)

Uzoma Nwanchuchu(****) he is visiting the 3rd.

You just proved my point for me. He's taking his trips...Don't wait up all night for a commitment this weekend.

Colin - you are very right. OFF the field, this guy is about as laid back as they come, and is certainly not stressing about this decision nearly as much as we are. I'd be surprised if he even committed in July because there are still a few other factors in play and things he wants to check out. He knows where he stands with ND and OSU and knows a lot about both programs. He's close enough where he can get to both places to see things he may not have seen before. I don't know if this necessarily plays well or badly for us - it just depends on the other places he wants to see and where we stand when he does come around to making a decision.

Guest irishrick

D Fence, your right whats the hurry ? the kid knows what he has in mind let him take his time were OK , seems he had a chat with Charlie ? thats good enough for me