Alan Bridgford

Guest ttown2424

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. I was hoping he would be Irish. He has Prototypical size and has played well in camps. He also seemed to like the Irish but it looks like we slow-played him a little too long.

Maybe the staff didn't like what hey saw out of him this week when he worked out for them.

Do we have a shot at Nunes? Though I think he is supposed to decide soon and we haven't offered him yet either.

I really am not excited about Budmayr. He is VERY small, something like 6'0" 180 lbs. Also not sure Newton fits in our system very well.

Who else is left? Brehaut? Forcier?

I would assume that ND implied to him that he would not get an offer after they saw him throw.

Maybe I'm outta line but can we stop bringing up Newton's name EVERY time there is a QB being discussed. Newton is probably considerably down the list of QB's to be offered. Newton himself has even been quoted recently as saying that he does not hear much from ND anymore. This guy is not near the top of the QB list for our coaches and IMO he is not a fit in our system. Who cares if he is athletic. It's the QB position. Can he read a defense, be accurate, have a decent arm and run the offense.

I'm pretty sure that this continued Newton talk is starting to get to me. Not that it should matter to anyone else.

I would assume that ND implied to him that he would not get an offer after they saw him throw.

Maybe I'm outta line but can we stop bringing up Newton's name EVERY time there is a QB being discussed. Newton is probably considerably down the list of QB's to be offered. Newton himself has even been quoted recently as saying that he does not hear much from ND anymore. This guy is not near the top of the QB list for our coaches and IMO he is not a fit in our system. Who cares if he is athletic. It's the QB position. Can he read a defense, be accurate, have a decent arm and run the offense.

I'm pretty sure that this continued Newton talk is starting to get to me. Not that it should matter to anyone else.

Rock, who do you see us getting? I agree that obviously Bridgeford saw the writing on the wall after no offer was extended after they watched him work out this week. I also agree that Newton isn't a good fit for our system. That's just not going to happen.

Who do you see coming our way? Seems like the recruiting services are high on Massakowski or whatever his name is but doesn't seem to have too many offers from many schools.

Nunes stock has shot up over the past couple months and he has protypical size.

I believe the staff also watched Brehaut work out this week. Any news there? He is a little shorter, 6'2" ish.

Anyone else? I really don't think Budmayr is a good fit for our system either. Do we get shut out this year? If so that makes me nervous.

Rock, who do you see us getting? I agree that obviously Bridgeford saw the writing on the wall after no offer was extended after they watched him work out this week. I also agree that Newton isn't a good fit for our system. That's just not going to happen.

Who do you see coming our way? Seems like the recruiting services are high on Massakowski or whatever his name is but doesn't seem to have too many offers from many schools.

Nunes stock has shot up over the past couple months and he has protypical size.

I believe the staff also watched Brehaut work out this week. Any news there? He is a little shorter, 6'2" ish.

Anyone else? I really don't think Budmayr is a good fit for our system either. Do we get shut out this year? If so that makes me nervous.

he treated ND like they had offered. If he wanted to go to ND, he wouldve waited til the evaluation period was over to commit, but since Cal was his choice either way, then he just went on and committed.

Honestly, I do not have a clue who we will land. But there is no way we pass on the position. We don't have the depth to do that. It is possible that Jimmy leaves after '09.

I really thought we were going to land Brigford. If I were to guess, I would say Mossakowski. I have only seen a little of Brehaut and none of Nunes.

I'm not sure many people other than Brady thought Quinn could be a 1st round pick the next year after his sophomore season (which he would have been; you're still talking about the then #1 Heisman candidate for the following year and a prototypic drop back guy). Now, lets look at next year's crop - there's what, Matt Stafford, there's the jump passer in Tim Tebow, and then theres.... ??? Some guys with potential, sure, but I'm not seeing as many brand name guys as I'm used to.

My point is, a) very hard to tell either way this early in Clausen's career, whether its mediocrity or excellence, and b) though atypical of ND players of late, there's a lot of money to be made if you're a QB by going pro early. You never know.

http://notredame.scout.com/a.z?s=109&p=2&c=753479

“He has 22 offers. Every team that’s watched him in person has offered and a lot have offered just based on game film. The only team that didn’t offer right away was Notre Dame, but they called me this morning and said that he met their criteria and that he’d get an offer from them in a week or two, but Allan didn’t want to go that direction and he fell in love when he went up to Cal."

That's a quote from the scout article on Allan.

And Powlus was out to see Newton throw when the evaluation period began.

Mark my words... There is NO WAY, NO WAY Jimmy leaves in 09. This isn't basketball.

I'd say it's 50/50 that he leaves after Junior year. Not sure why you mentioned the "this isn't basketball" comment. First, basketball players don't leave after their junior seasons--they do it after their freshmen seasons. Second, 11 of the first round picks (31 total) in the 2008 NFL draft were Juniors. After their Junior year is the first year a college football player can even enter the NFL draft.

Mark my words... There is NO WAY, NO WAY Jimmy leaves in 09. This isn't basketball.

I'd say it's 50/50 that he leaves after Junior year. Not sure why you mentioned the "this isn't basketball" comment. First, basketball players don't leave after their junior seasons--they do it after their freshmen seasons. Second, 11 of the first round picks (31 total) in the 2008 NFL draft were Juniors. After their Junior year is the first year a college football player can even enter the NFL draft.

not to mention JC was held back in grade school, i believe, so he would be older than the typical junior. another reason he might declare after his junior season...

not to mention JC was held back in grade school, i believe, so he would be older than the typical junior. another reason he might declare after his junior season...

As I recall, he talked about winning four NCs with ND when he committed. So he's going to have to find a way to play 5 years, at least.

jas, sorry about the confusion. I was joking on my last post.

Jimmy playing Bball is just silly and I was trying to make light of the Newton situation.

Rockne stated above that he is annoyed that Newton's name keeps getting mentioned because he feels that he is not a good fit in our system. He is more knowledgeable in this area so I trust him. I agree somewhat but am a little worried that we may strike out with the good QBs for this class.

To answer your question, what would happen to Crist if Newton became Irish (odds are he won't even be offered)? I think Dayne is the perfect fit for the CW offense so he will be the starter after Jimmy no matter what, IMO.