Cave versus Hunter

GermanyDomer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they gone up against eachother yet in drills? Im truly interested to see any news on this subject. Id say our boy Brax will put in some extra effort on that one. Also any news on Newman and Cwynar?

nope b/c Hunter's on the red team and Cave's on silver. They'll go against each other in the game though.

Also any news on Newman and Cwynar?

Word is that Newman is really impressing. Of the tapes I've seen, no one has been able to block him. He is so low to the ground and has a great push. Cwynar can best be described as "adjusting". He probably has always been one of the best players around. Now he's another fish in the bond. So there is some adjustment there and i think he is getting used to that. I think that is the biggest thing for most of these guys. But, I think once he comes in and gets bigger and stronger, the sky is the limit.

Word is that Newman is really impressing. Of the tapes I've seen, no one has been able to block him. He is so low to the ground and has a great push. Cwynar can best be described as "adjusting". He probably has always been one of the best players around. Now he's another fish in the bond. So there is some adjustment there and i think he is getting used to that. I think that is the biggest thing for most of these guys. But, I think once he comes in and gets bigger and stronger, the sky is the limit.

With Newman impressing does this mean the Cryer will now go after him as well?

Yes. He did that for Raeshon after he tore it up at the AA game.

Oh its guaranteed. Corwin better stay in Newmans ear because every scumbag in the NCAA will be after him. Good thing Hafis isnt there or the snakes would be slithering around him as well.

yeah, newman is built low to the ground and he has increadable strenght in his lower body, something you want in a NG.

I posted in another topic that he squats 600 pounds! Six Hundred Pounds!!

That is a crazy amount but I was watching the game last night and they said one of the receivers for WVU squats 700 lbs. I think it was Reynaud (sp?)

Guest TheMan2828

yeah, newman is built low to the ground and he has increadable strenght in his lower body, something you want in a NG.

That is a crazy amount but I was watching the game last night and they said one of the receivers for WVU squats 700 lbs. I think it was Reynaud (sp?)

They were referring to Noel Devine I believe. But it's a load of crap in my opinion... 700 lbs. at his weight would probably be some kind of NCAA record.

They were referring to Noel Devine I believe. But it's a load of crap in my opinion... 700 lbs. at his weight would probably be some kind of NCAA record.

If Noel Devine sqatted 700 that would be something similar to being a human ant. In reality that would probably snap his skinny legs. That guy isnt much larger than my 7 year old son.

Guest dankus

It was Reynaud.

Everyone considers him the most athletic player on the team. They also said it was near 700 lbs not 700 lbs.

I hate posting links, but found this little blurb on BSPN:

"Braxston Cave (Grander, Ind./Penn) continued to earn his top center ranking Wednesday by staying solid at the point of attack, refusing to give ground to the Silver defensive tackles."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3177350

Thats what I like to hear. The most idiotic thing in the world is that him and Newman are 3* guys. I wonder if they will get an upgrade out of all this?

I'd think they'd both be deserving of upgrades, especially if Cave is playing like a #1 center. Not sure if that will happen or not, hearing these glowing reviews is good enough for me. I was unaware that Newman had a poor senior season, good to hear he's getting things right prior to enrolling at ND. The biggest thing to me is hearing how the Omar decommitment kind of tightened the class a bit, I was hoping that it wouldn't go the other way.

Guest TheMan2828
Brewster is the #1 center, he's just injured

Technically you're right, but I thought Brewster was being recruited as a guard/tackle mostly.