A Word About Our Sponsors

2lakes

I was on the und.com site, foraging around, when I noticed the sponsoring ads for: McDonalds, Coca-Cola, Allstate, Adidas, Xerox, Sirius, and Gatorade.

So make sure you support these our allies.

Except for Gatorade. Couldn't we get a product not invented at the University of Florida to sponsor us? Hasn't anybody out there invented IrishPower or something similar?

And be careful you don't overdo the McDonalds or Coke. I'm guessing nobody in Admin watched "Supersize Me." Hey guys, if you look hard enough, somebody more healthy, like The Olive Garden or Subway, could be persuaded into buying in for a piece of the Notre Dame consumer pie.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mikey G

The Olive Garden? Healthy? Please tell me you were joking. I used to work there. Let's just say I would not recommend eating there. haha! Unless people like to eat at what The OG employees like to call "The Denny's of Italian Food", then go nuts.

The Olive Garden? Healthy? Please tell me you were joking. I used to work there. Let's just say I would not recommend eating there. haha! Unless people like to eat at what The OG employees like to call "The Denny's of Italian Food", then go nuts.

But Mikey, I can't get enough of the salad, soup and garlic bread so that I don't have to eat the entrees...the drinks aren't so bad either - love the iced tea :lol:

Guest gallup21
how about a sushi stand? those are healthy and theres no denying that

That might work in California, but not in the heart of the Midwest. Now, raw hamburger... that might work.

STEAKNSHAKE

Rocco's Pizza. If you've never been there in SB....well, I cannot even put it into words.

You know, it's funny,,,

lived here my whole life and have never had Rocco's!

Have had Barnaby's, Rathskeller, Bruno's, etc.

but never Rocco's. Hmmm,,, Now I know what I'm having this week.

Thanks for reminding me Dome. :)

Rocco's Pizza. If you've never been there in SB....well, I cannot even put it into words.

You know, it's funny,,,

:shock: I can't believe you've never been there. They have gigantic beers too. BTW, I recommend calling them first because it is family owned and operated and they take some really long vacations at certain times of the year and close down the joint.

The pizza is great, the pasta even better. Bring you're side arm, it's near the hood.

You know, it's funny,,,

:shock: I can't believe you've never been there. They have gigantic beers too. BTW, I recommend calling them first because it is family owned and operated and they take some really long vacations at certain times of the year and close down the joint.

The pizza is great, the pasta even better. Bring you're side arm, it's near the hood.

We will drive over to SB just to hit Rocco's - my wife is an NY Italian "snob" when it comes to pizza and she loves the place. Doesn't hurt that Rocco comes from the same area of Italy as my father-in-law...they look a lot a like.

Guess now I'm hungry for some pizza... :lol:

There's a hood in South Bend?

Bwahahahahahahahaaaa Chris!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahaha...ummm...yeah. Several of them as a matter of fact.

Not sure if you've been to SB or not, but this Rocco's restaraunt is located in the area adjacent to campus that everyone on here complains about. The dive bar that those two ND students were shot coming out of is literally 2 blocks away from Rocco's. Let's just say it's not an area where you "hang out" or walk back to campus....certainly not after you've been drinking.

Most of the west side from the Airport into the city is the notorious SB hood though, and that's what everyone judges the city on because often times it's the only part they see.

I bet Speedster doesn't spend much time out there :wink: . How's Chapin St doin? hahah