Chris Donald

Guest ndmike2003

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not like he would have played anyway. Unless Fulmer is an idiot (and I'm not discounting that chance), Donald hadn't logged any game time as of late in the year, why burn a year of eligibility in the bowl game?

And as far as being academically ineligible, maybe the ND academic support system could have kept him on track. I know nothing of UT's or anything like that, just trying to say, if we got him last year, I sure wouldn't have been upset about it.

It's not like he would have played anyway. Unless Fulmer is an idiot (and I'm not discounting that chance), Donald hadn't logged any game time as of late in the year, why burn a year of eligibility in the bowl game?

And as far as being academically ineligible, maybe the ND academic support system could have kept him on track. I know nothing of UT's or anything like that, just trying to say, if we got him last year, I sure wouldn't have been upset about it.

I wouldn't have been upset about getting him either...as a matter of fact, I was rather disappointed that we didn't. That being said, academics is more than holding their hand in the classroom. If he doesn't have the brains or discipline to stay eligible at UT, then I find it hard to believe that he would be mature enough to do the same at ND. You never know though, so I'm not trying to bash the kid. Just giving an opinion. I'm past the loss of him at ND and, therefore, I hope that he gets things back on track for his life and career.

I don't want to come of as bashing the other UT football players but I have trouble believing that they would provide the same kind of example as it relates to academics as his peers at ND. There has to be a certain peer pressure from the other players at ND that forces kids to keep their grades up. You see everyone else around you trying to do it. It has to be somewhat contagious. I have to believe the atmosphere at UT is a bit different as are the expectations.

To be fair, though, Duval did miss a game because of grades this season.

yes, but as i recall ( and i could be wrong, of course ) it was CW who decided he wasn't living up to expectations academically, and that is a long way from being declared academically ineligible, as donald was. just saying it's a bit of apples vs. oranges...

Guest NDGirlzRock
To be fair, though, Duval did miss a game because of grades this season.

Yes but it is extremely important to point out that it was only 1 game. If memory serves, being declared ineligible means a whole term of not playing.

How does a guy become academically ineligible at UT? You almost have to try to do that. They take pride in the fact that their players dont really have to attend class.

off the topic, but is that Sid Vicious as your avatar?! I'd say for all domers, that's one of the most original avatars around ;)

How does a guy become academically ineligible at UT? You almost have to try to do that. They take pride in the fact that their players dont really have to attend class.

off the topic, but is that Sid Vicious as your avatar?! I'd say for all domers, that's one of the most original avatars around ;)

When I found that picture of Sid reading the Mad magazine I said "thats the one". When I was in high school the Sex Pistols were pretty popular. I still sort of like them because they were entertaining in more ways than one. They were just idiots out for a good laugh. I enjoy Johnny Rotten too, what an A-hole.