matt barkley

Guest ND-Warrior

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheMan2828
yea im not sure i really want this kid anyways, maybe we dont even need a quarterback in this class as crazy as that idea seems.

I am a firm believer that you should try to take at least one quarterback, one running back, and two wide receivers in every class, regardless of need...

With that said, I think Morgan Newton will be our guy at QB in 2009...

yea i like morgan newton better than barkley. we need an athletic quarterback like newton, and with barkley he just seems like he isnt ND material and he is all USC.
Sorry to be blunt but lay off the crack pipe. Matt Barkley is amazing and if Jimmy Clausen wasn't who he was and got the hype of being the best QB coming out of HS in decades it would be Matt Barkley that would be getting that type of hype, the kid is super uber downright nasty of a talent.

Don't get me wrong I think quite highly of Morgan Newton but they are not in the same class of talent. He's ND material but with Clausen and Crist it's not going to happen plus USC has had there hooks into him for a long time running now and the only reason not to offer is because ND has similar QB's that are of the same talent level and it's a waste of time and effort.

Guest TheMan2828

He's definitely the best QB I've seen in the 2009 class. But if they were in the same class I personally might rate Crist higher.

Crist to me is the best QB prospect the last 2 years. Better than Clausen. But that's just my opinion.

yea im not sure i really want this kid anyways, maybe we dont even need a quarterback in this class as crazy as that idea seems.

I am a firm believer that you should try to take at least one quarterback, one running back, and two wide receivers in every class, regardless of need...

With that said, I think Morgan Newton will be our guy at QB in 2009...

I too agree with this. You can never have too much depth at these positions. I'd through Oline in there as well. The big uglies can get hurt more frequently.

THEMAN...it's been nice reading your recruiting contributions here. Please keep it up.

yea i like morgan newton better than barkley. we need an athletic quarterback like newton, and with barkley he just seems like he isnt ND material and he is all USC.
Sorry to be blunt but lay off the crack pipe. Matt Barkley is amazing and if Jimmy Clausen wasn't who he was and got the hype of being the best QB coming out of HS in decades it would be Matt Barkley that would be getting that type of hype, the kid is super uber downright nasty of a talent.

Barkley is the most over hyped QB in the class. Gilbert is the best Qb.

Guest fighton2007
He's definitely the best QB I've seen in the 2009 class. But if they were in the same class I personally might rate Crist higher.

Crist to me is the best QB prospect the last 2 years. Better than Clausen. But that's just my opinion.

Haha, wow...

Clausen >>> D. Crist and it's not even close.

You're a victim of the recruiting hype. If Crist was 1 year older than Clausen, you'd be saying that Clausen was 10 times better than Crist.

Guest fighton2007
yea fighton i agree. clausen is a bttr quarterback right now, but crist has the potential to be very very very good, especially in the NFL. i'd take clausen, then christ over barkley b/c he reminds me so much of Quinn

barkley is the best QB in CA right now. you ask anybody who pays attention to HS football in so cal and it's a no-brainer

there are a lot of QB's out there that have the "potential" to be very good and crist is one of them, but he's not in the same league as clausen or barkley. there are good QBs, and then there are "elite" QBs.

ask any football coach in the OC, and barkley is the best QB to come out of there since carson palmer. and everybody knows how ridiculous the OC is in producing QBs...