Will Ryan Mallett transfer from Michigan?

dangeruss

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AtlantaIrish

I think it depends on how well his talk goes with Rodriguez. If Rodriguez says he is going to develop the offense around Mallett's skills then I think he stays. But if he says he is going to bring in a whole new offensive system centered around recruit Pryor then he is gone.

As a ND fan I'm happy with this hiring. Yes, Rodriguez is a great coach but it is going to take him at least a few seasons to install his spread offense with the personnel they currently have. Also Rodriguez is entering new territory in Michigan. He isn't one of them so to speak and he will quickly learn how much more difficult losing is when you are in Ann Arbor compared to Morgantown. The honeymoon will be over soon with him and his family if they start off on the wrong foot.

I think it depends on how well his talk goes with Rodriguez. If Rodriguez says he is going to develop the offense around Mallett's skills then I think he stays. But if he says he is going to bring in a whole new offensive system centered around recruit Pryor then he is gone.

As a ND fan I'm happy with this hiring. Yes, Rodriguez is a great coach but it is going to take him at least a few seasons to install his spread offense with the personnel they currently have. Also Rodriguez is entering new territory in Michigan. He isn't one of them so to speak and he will quickly learn how much more difficult losing is when you are in Ann Arbor compared to Morgantown. The honeymoon will be over soon with him and his family if they start off on the wrong foot.

how can he center the offense around Pryor if they dont even have him yet?

I think it all depends on Pryor's committment. If he commits to Michigan then I think Mallet leaves. If he doesnt, I think Mallet stays and they develop a package like the "wildcat" that Arkansas uses with their RB.

who is behind mallet right now on the depth chart?

David Cone who will be a redshirt sophmore next year.

Isnt he getting a bit old to run a spread offense. I remember him pitching for the Mets in the 80s, he's gotta be about 50 now. :)

He's 44 years old but I think he still has a great fastball and a nice move to first. :wink:

Isnt he getting a bit old to run a spread offense. I remember him pitching for the Mets in the 80s, he's gotta be about 50 now. :)

He's 44 years old but I think he still has a great fastball and a nice move to first. :wink:

Thats awesome Chris. How's the weather out there in California? It sucks here, gray sky and below freezing. Typical German winter, I wont see the sun again till March. Good thing the beer here is high powered.

Thats awesome Chris. How's the weather out there in California? It sucks here, gray sky and below freezing. Typical German winter, I wont see the sun again till March. Good thing the beer here is high powered.

mmmmm....Spaten.

mmmmm....Hefeweizen

It's rainy and cold right now.

Overnight low of 42, highs in the 50s.

Warm weather on the horizon though, but who needs cold weather for a full octane beer. :D

mmmmm....Spaten.

mmmmm....Hefeweizen

also:

Pilsner Urquell, Budvar (Czech Rep.), EB, Zywiec (Poland), Bitburger, Hofbrau Haus, Licher, etc. etc. etc. (Germany)

Chris, your right. High powered beer is good for any weather. In fact Im gonna go have one right now. Bye.

In addition, if he does transfer will he really go to a program (Arkansas) that already has 7 scholarship QB's and two more on the way in? If Mallet transfers my money is on him not going to Arkansas. I know the fans would great him with open arms but i just don't see it happening.

I don't think they have 7 scholarship QBs on campus at Arkansas. Even if they did, not one of them has anywhere the ability that Mallett brings to the table. Arkansas also just hired Petrino who is known for his QB development and is only a couple hour drive from his home. The QBs at Arkansas are no threat to Mallet, trust me on this. The fans are just hoping they have a reliable starter next year as nobody believes in Casey Dick the current starter.