Snow on the Dome

2lakes

It's almost Christmas and we are getting buried up here tonight, so it is time for me to mention something I feel very strongly about.

Any campus that does not see at least 20 inches of snow per year should have their football team sanctioned by the NCAA. They should be forced to play winter baseball or co-ed volleyball. Or surfing.

No football in Crocodile-Land. Or Terminatorville. Or McCain Country.

Let's face it, it's just a little bit girly to walk around in flip-flops and tank tops all year long. And football ain't girly.

When I become Senator, that is the first bill I sponsor.

Genghis Khan and the hardy inhabitants of a cold land called Mongolia conquered the world.

It was the Teutonic barbarians from the North that sacked Rome.

Minutemen from Boston, Philadelphia and New York won the Revolution.

And we all know what happened during the Civil War.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger. So if you can survive the winter in Buffalo, you emerge invinsible.

Besides, Darwin was from England, not Monte Carlo.

Guest irishrick

2lakes, my friend you have my vote also, were due for all most 14 to 20 inches of snow today and tonight, in the maine , this is on top of last weeks snow the snow banks are well over 8 feet in my yard, i agree a little snow won't hurt any one, oops, there goes that snowplow again seems he makes a up and down pass every 20 minutes as i live on the main route to the new narrows bridge at bucksport and the island, one of the highest in the country , just about time for me to get the john Deere out to lift the snow a little higher. , hoping to wait a while as we have all most white out conditions, , stay warm and watch the patriots play at 1 pm today . go pats. enjoy the snow my friend. :)

2lakes, my friend you have my vote also, were due for all most 14 to 20 inches of snow today and tonight, in the maine , this is on top of last weeks snow the snow banks are well over 8 feet in my yard, i agree a little snow won't hurt any one, oops, there goes that snowplow again seems he makes a up and down pass every 20 minutes as i live on the main route to the new narrows bridge at bucksport and the island, one of the highest in the country , just about time for me to get the john Deere out to lift the snow a little higher. , hoping to wait a while as we have all most white out conditions, , stay warm and watch the patriots play at 1 pm today . go pats. enjoy the snow my friend. :)

Irishrick:

Maine, you say? Then I must certainly relinquish the place of honor to you. You, my friend, are a real man.

Guest irishrick

WELL LAKES TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY I NOW CAN GET OUT OF THE YARD WITH MY 4X4 PICKUP, spent over an hour trying to stay ahead of the storm , still snowing forecast is to snow all night till around 7am , cars are going by at about 10 to 15 mph as the wind makes like almost whitout conditions, the state plow keeps the road in pretty good shape except for the drifts. the pats won in a close game , Brett passed Dan Mari-no , so its been a pretty good day otherwise. go irish :)

I watched most of the Pats game and noticed it wasn't snowing but it looked humid as heck. You could see the breath coming out of each players helmet and there was a foggy like quality. I also noticed all the snow piled up on the sidelines. I guess its either too difficult or too expensive to truck the stuff out of there.

I wish we had your weather. I would appreciate a snow day tomorrow.

That's really funny because my wife and I are in FL for two weeks as SB is getting dumped on. I narrowly missed this storm.

I fail to see any humor in that at all dome. :evil:, I had to shovel three dam times today.

Tehehe...sucks to be you my friend. I'd say we went to the beach, but it was raining and cold by South FL/Cuba/Haiti standards....75 degrees. Every second I'm here I am reminded why we moved out of this hell hole.

And so another blustery winter's day comes to an end in the virgin forrests of Northern Indiana.

It was great fun shoveling out to the street while snow blew sideways into my face. We fought our way through drifts to get to Church this morning, plowing through stop signs so we didn't get stuck. Only about 20 showed up for a service that usually sees over 200. And I had to shovel again this afternoon.

But the apple pancake, sausage, and coffee brunch never tasted so good. We went caroling in the snow last night, and I can't imagine it any other way. My daughter and I had a blast climbing the Blue Spruces (I think they're Blue Spruces) in our back yard, we smacked each other with snowballs, and then went sleding.

So its time to put this thread to sleep,

while the woods are lovely, dark, and deep

I've watched them as they filled with snow

but now it's time to let it go

There is nowhere that can compare

Not Southern Florida or Belaire

In the land where four seasons are what God has made

That is where football is meant to be played.

(with apologies to Robert Frost)

Guest SirJohn

Nice 2 lakes No real snow in KY but the 37 mph wind killed ya. In an apt i can't have a fire like in my old home, but if you can build one do so. Just romantic, intoxicating, hypnotic and smells great.

we got a foot of snow last night..but it stopped too early and i didnt get a snow day :(

if any of you attended ND, how often were classes canceled for snow..if ever?

because that is one advantage of snow up here in ohio

I can recall only once they were canceled, but due to severe subzero temp. and not snow... :(

we got a foot of snow last night..but it stopped too early and i didnt get a snow day :(

if any of you attended ND, how often were classes canceled for snow..if ever?

because that is one advantage of snow up here in ohio

I can recall only once they were canceled, but due to severe subzero temp. and not snow... :(

I went from '83 to '87 and I don't remember one single snow or cold day. In fact, we used the air conditioners (we had air conditioning at Flanner) until it was under 10 degrees... Kelvin.