Robinson Turns His Back On Nebraska

subwaydomer26

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good article subway. I'm not crazy about the title though for a couple of reasons. First, I'd like to think of him more as coming to the place he needed to be then "turning his back" on Nebraska and backing in to ND. Also, if I were him and read that title, it might cause me to have second thoughts. I'm not sure why I felt that way when reading it but it was my initial reaction. I guess, I'm not a big fan of that phrase because it implies like you are doing things for the wrong reasons instead of the right ones.

I hope it doesn't come across the wrong way as I really enjoy your posts.

I thought it was a nice article. The title should reflect the content, in this case, TR decommitted from Nebraska, hence; "TRob turns his back on Nebraska" is more than fitting. A good journalist always offends someone, keep up the good work Subway, I always enjoy your blogs!

Is this what our board is becoming? Everything is so damn PC nowadays!! :D I think we all need to check out Larry the Cable Guy's take on a PC Christmas story. http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4712312 Enjoy!!

Politically correct is not the issue. If T-rob came out and said, "i'm turning my back on Neb" that would be a fitting title. Politically correct sux, i agree. But the logic and implications behind and concluding such statements far advance the so-called "integrity" of keeping it un-politically correct.

Is this what our board is becoming? Everything is so damn PC nowadays!! :D I think we all need to check out Larry the Cable Guy's take on a PC Christmas story. http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4712312 Enjoy!!

Politically correct is not the issue. If T-rob came out and said, "i'm turning my back on Neb" that would be a fitting title. Politically correct sux, i agree. But the logic and implications behind and concluding such statements far advance the so-called "integrity" of keeping it un-politically correct.

Some of you need to step away from the computer and count to 10... maybe even 1,987,938. I don't know how many times I have to explain this. Turning your back on something does not mean that you were deceitful nor had any malicious intent. If you would look at the big picture of T-Rob's recruitment, you could really see how much he struggled with this decision. I Beleive (notice I said"I") that Trevor relly wanted to go to Nebraska, but saw the things that we saw and most likely, more than we saw throghout the process. He did not stab Neb. in the back like a Greg Little. He simply turned his back and walked away to what he thought would be a better situation for himself. So the title is fitting, and contrary to what others think I thought about it for a long time. I stick by it and have no regrets about writing it. If you have a problem with the title, or think that this would cause T-Rob to decommit (as was suggested on either Gold Helmet or Irish Envy) you 1) Have no understanding of journalistic viewpoint, even from a blogger. And 2) Must not think too highly of T-Rob to think that a piss-ant blogger like me would be able to sway his decision. Come on.

Guest SirJohn

I'm OK with it. He did do that didn't he?

The problem is sometimes trying to find a 'meaty' lead in title for an article. Like just recently "Weis signs autographs" You going to read that? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. It's an editors job to put a punch in that makes you want to read it. Please notice you all did read it and are chewing it over right now where as you would have dismissed it and forgotten it long, long ago long ago.

Guest gallup21
I agree with the title... perceptions are perceptions and journalists are entitled to their perceptions...if TRob was worried about perceptions, he shouldn't make the choice. I'm sure he's fine with it though.

agreed

I thought it was a nice article. The title should reflect the content, in this case, TR decommitted from Nebraska, hence; "TRob turns his back on Nebraska" is more than fitting. A good journalist always offends someone, keep up the good work Subway, I always enjoy your blogs!

agreed

I'm OK with it. He did do that didn't he?

agreed.

i agree with the title

Guest gallup21

jfschell, i wasnt responding to your post inparticular. i was just saying in general i thought the title was ok, like you said, everyone has a right to their opinion

Wow. I didn't mean to stir things up or start a heated debate. I just don't like the title. I'm not one of those people who require political correctness. In fact I think a lot of it is BS. Bottom line I think the title is misrepresntative of what happened. I choose to look at the fact that he made a choice that was better for him. He didn't turn his back on anyone. Things changed and so did his choice. If things hadn't changed at Nebraska and he left the title would be more fitting.

Again, sorry for stirring the pot here.