Recruiting Tidbit

subwaydomer26

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of the players listed i feel very good about our chances with trevor robinson, gerrell robinson, deion walker and datone jones. does ND really need another RB in this class, next season ND will have four very talented RBs on the roster. trevor robinson is an interesting cass. he's from nebraska, he's a life long husker fan, his coach is bo pelini and ron brown has rejoined the staff. i don't know but how does a husker fan turn all that down. ND seems to be in really good shape to get at least either g. robinson or d. walker if not both. datone jones seems to love ND and he says he's a fan and also the accademics are a big reason why, i like our chances. i say ND lands 24-25 when all is said and done.

Guest ctsubalum

i must say, you seem to be the only person "hearing" we're in the lead for page. i'm not callin' ya out or anything of that nature, i'm just saying it's the first i've heard that. and man, do i hope you are right! :wink:

I can't remember where I read it but I have definatly heard that Page is really high on ND and we might lead. So, SWD isn't the only one who has heard that. I'll go try and find the quote for you. brb.

Ok, i'm not gonna cut and paste it, but it was told in the 4hl by a recruit's father, after CW's visit, that ND didn't start out in the lead for KP but we are now. Mom and Dad are on board and that's half the battle.

Kenneth Page walked away from his visit at ND very high on ND, but after his visit to Tennessee, he definitely gave the impression that he was that much higher on Tennessee.

He started out not considering ND as a serious candidate, loved it after his visit here, and then visited Tennessee and loved it even more.

It sounds like we still have a chance with Page, but it's definitely not a slam dunk and it doesn't sound like we're necessarily in the lead.

does ND really need another RB in this class, next season ND will have four very talented RBs on the roster.

Four quality RB's is NOT a huge number. It's nice but that is far from an overabundance of rb's. I'll take 2 a year, minimum. We are also gonna need to look to add a FB.

does ND really need another RB in this class, next season ND will have four very talented RBs on the roster.

Four quality RB's is NOT a huge number. It's nice but that is far from an overabundance of rb's. I'll take 2 a year, minimum. We are also gonna need to look to add a FB.

i gather we may lose schmidt???

I didn't think Schwapp was THAT bad. Just don't ever hand the ball to him again. We'll probably be doing a lot more one back sets next season with Hughes and Allen anywho.
yup, you're right will, he wasn't that bad. just don't hand him the ball, throw the ball to him, or expect him to pickup the blitz and block............ :roll: :roll:

i must say, you seem to be the only person "hearing" we're in the lead for page. i'm not callin' ya out or anything of that nature, i'm just saying it's the first i've heard that. and man, do i hope you are right! :wink:

I can't remember where I read it but I have definatly heard that Page is really high on ND and we might lead. So, SWD isn't the only one who has heard that. I'll go try and find the quote for you. brb.

Ok, i'm not gonna cut and paste it, but it was told in the 4hl by a recruit's father, after CW's visit, that ND didn't start out in the lead for KP but we are now. Mom and Dad are on board and that's half the battle.

Correct. Plus I recieved an e-mail from someone I trust saying as much. We lead, but this baby ain't over yet.

I didn't think Schwapp was THAT bad. Just don't ever hand the ball to him again. We'll probably be doing a lot more one back sets next season with Hughes and Allen anywho.
yup, you're right will, he wasn't that bad. just don't hand him the ball, throw the ball to him, or expect him to pickup the blitz and block............ :roll: :roll:

he actually has been pretty bad. i don't think we should ever hand him that ball, but that's not his only issue. He hasn't played well in 2 years. Not gonna sugar coat it.

^^^^

Asaph is awful. I'm sorry. I said it. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy and Weis obviously loves him, but if he is one of our best 11 players on offense I don't expect to win many more games next season. Even on our "good" running days this year I would watch Asaph run through the hole, not hit anyone and get 8 yards downfield looking to block a safety while our back got tackled near or behind the line of scrimmage. Half the time he carried the ball he would either fall down, lose yardage, or fumble. And with him on the field, all it does is tip our hand playcalling-wise to the defense because they know he isn't a threat out of the backfield and is only in there for run blocking. I'm sickened and angered that in two years we've seen Luke Schimdt maybe a dozen times. Weis playing guys like Asaph accomplishes nothing but making us non-competitive. Give yourself a chance to win Charlie. Honestly.

Correct. Plus I recieved an e-mail from someone I trust saying as much. We lead, but this baby ain't over yet.

well, again, his PUBLIC comments were that he liked tenn. *better* than ND or at least his tenn visit better than his ND visit. i fail to see how this puts us in the lead, but hey, i hope you're right and i'm wrong!