Bowl Schedule

irishziggy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gallup21

Dont forget blarney that KU lost to Mizzou in their last game...and they didnt even make it to the conference championship - also id be interested to hear your reasoning for KU over MU

Mizzou was a consistent scorer scoring 31+ points in 12 games

KU beat up on C Michigan, SE Louisiana, Toledo, Fla INTL, Baylor, Iowa State and Nebraska (1 made Bowl game)

Mizzou beat (pouring on points) against Illinois (@ Illinois), scoring 40, Illinois is Rose Bowl bound. @OU they still scored 31. TTech they scored 41. @ Colorado, a game KU won 19-14, Mizzou won 55-10. Mizzou beat A&M by 2 TD's, and KU beat them by 8 (19-11). o yea, and Mizzou beat KU.

KU never had to play OU...if they did have to play them (twice) theyd, have 3 losses now.

Mizzou beat 2 BCS bowl teams, Kansas (who shouldnt be there) and Illinois. KU played 0 BCS bowl teams and mizzou had to play 3 different opponents 4 times.

Mizzou played 7 different bowl teams, going 6-1 in regular season. KU played 5 different bowl teams in the reg. season, going 4-1 (loss to Mizzou in final game)

and who got to the conference champ game? Mizzou was def. the better team in their Big 12 division...i dont know why anyone could think KU over Mizzou? they both lost their last game...Mizzou losing to a OU team that could crush Kansas like i could crush a fly with a fly swatter

it's not just that ND isn't playing, it's just that the whole system is so broken. nobody really cares as long as this mythical nonsense continues. this bowl season is no different than a day of good college football. there needs to be more meaning; otherwise, noone will tune in other than the teams respective fans. i can only imagine how pissed the bowl committees are when ND doesn't play. that's alot of lost moola............

Nick, it's all about $. Some of these BCS selections make no sense. Bypassing Georgia in the Rose for Illinois? Georgia/SC would've been a great matchup, now we have a Rose Bowl with a 14 spread, not exactly must see TV.

What sucks about Mizzous cause is they would've been in the NC game if there were no Big12 champ game, the championship game screwed them whereas the SEC champ gave LSU what they needed to get in. Still don't think OSU's resume is that impressive, their schedule alone should make their 11-1 record the equivalent to an SEC 9-3 record. Hawaii also has a serious beef going undefeated while getting bypassed in the NC game by a 2 loss team. Someone's gotta fix this mess of a process. One thing that I do find funy is that these teams on the outs (think Oregon or Wisconsin from last year) don't have ND to blame, guess the selection committee will take the heat instead of ND this year.

An intriguing game to me is that BC-MSU matchup, can't figure out whether I should root for our Catholic turf pullers or my homestate flag planters.

I really don't think that Hawaii deserved to be in it. Just look at who they played. Thank God for the BCS, although not perfected yet, it spares my eyes from watching a Mizzouri/Hawaii game. SOS is a huge factor, if you cop out with cupcakes, then a cupcake game is what you deserve. Also, you can't lose your last game of the season, it's that simple. And if you bring up Illinois, just remember this, the Rose Bowl picked them from a pool of qualified teams. Pac10 vs. Big 10/11 is apparently what they wanted so that's not the BCS's fault. A few tweeks here and there, and everything will be alright. But what do I know??? :lol:

I really don't think that Hawaii deserved to be in it. Just look at who they played. Thank God for the BCS, although not perfected yet, it spares my eyes from watching a Mizzouri/Hawaii game. SOS is a huge factor, if you cop out with cupcakes, then a cupcake game is what you deserve. Also, you can't lose your last game of the season, it's that simple. And if you bring up Illinois, just remember this, the Rose Bowl picked them from a pool of qualified teams. Pac10 vs. Big 10/11 is apparently what they wanted so that's not the BCS's fault. A few tweeks here and there, and everything will be alright. But what do I know??? :lol:

If strength of schedule is so big then explain to me how OSU is in the NC game?

Although the Big10/11 sucked this year, they're considered a lot stronger of an opponent, than one's from the WAC. Under any other year, even with the cupcakes scheduled in, the Big 10/11 schedule is enough to get a team in. Now do I personally agree, yes. DD, seriously look past our hatred for the Bucks and tell me a team who could be better than OSU? For some reason, JT really gets his players to play in the big games (scratch last year's NC game). Also, It could help us if they got pounded again for the second year! Now if you say Oklahoma, then I would say that they would be a close second. JMO though, I'm probably all alone on this one. I really do long for the day, ND can be in these situations. Hopefully it's not too far away!! :D

Although the Big10/11 sucked this year, they're considered a lot stronger of an opponent, than one's from the WAC. Under any other year, even with the cupcakes scheduled in, the Big 10/11 schedule is enough to get a team in. Now do I personally agree, yes. DD, seriously look past our hatred for the Bucks and tell me a team who could be better than OSU? For some reason, JT really gets his players to play in the big games (scratch last year's NC game). Also, It could help us if they got pounded again for the second year! Now if you say Oklahoma, then I would say that they would be a close second. JMO though, I'm probably all alone on this one. I really do long for the day, ND can be in these situations. Hopefully it's not too far away!! :D

My list of teams, IMHO, that are far better than OSU:

Georgia, Florida, LSU, USC and OU. And, barring injuries, I'd put Oregon and WVU on that list too. But that doesn't count so I'll stick with the original 5 I put up there. Do you really think that OSU goes 11-1 this year if they are in the pack 10 or SEC. I say no way in hell.

As for LSU being in it...If I'm Georgia right now, I'm really pissed off. Another BCS failure.

As for LSU being in it...If I'm Georgia right now, I'm really pissed off. Another BCS failure.

Dome, I don't know how you can put a team that didn't win its conference, let alone its division, in the championship game ahead of the team that did win the same conference. I know its not a rule right now, but I'm sure it should be and probably will be. Georgia may be a hotter team right now, but they still shouldn't be in the championship game. In my opinion, they should also make a rule that if a DI school loses to a DII school, they shouldn't be allowed in the championship game, even if the win their conference and are 11-1.

If anyone deserves to be pissed right now its Missouri - the Orange Bowl picks Kansas ???? You've got to be kidding me, they didn't win their conference or division either.

The sad thing is that the BCS has really told teams that strength of schedule doesn't really matter at all. Neither OSU, Kansas, or Hawaii played a schedule as hard as some high schools and they are all in a BCS game. Pitiful.

In my opinion, I feel that Oklahoma is in the top two or three teams in the country, along with USC (now that their healthy) and LSU (though I'm not completely sold on them either). I might put Georgia a distant 4th (But, I agree that you shouldnt be in the NC game if you don't win your division). Ohio State might be 6th or 7th on my list.

But, at the same time, I think it's inexcusable that Oklahoma lost to a team like Colorado, when they were ahead in the fourth quarter. Good teams put other teams away when they are ahead in the fourth quarter. I can understand a loss to a team like Texas Tech b/c if there offense is clicking, you have to score on every possession to even stay in the game. Which at times can be hard to do.

Right now I think USC would pound LSU. I honestly do. I've watched LSU play several times this year and haven't been that impressed. They have had a ton of breaks go their way and in their two losses, they didn't get those breaks, hence they lost. I think USC's defense would make LSU's offense look like a middle school team.

I'm also not sold on the "SEC IS THE GREATEST OF THE GREAT AND ALL SHALL BOW AT THEIR FEET AND RESPECT THEIR TOTAL DOMINATION AND NO ONE ELSE IS WORTHY OF OUR SUPERIORITY." Are people forgetting that a marginal, at best, Cal team destroyed the SEC east champion this year. Do people forget that last year USC obliterated an Arkansas team that I believe won their division. Did we forget an average South Florida team beat a tough Auburn team that beat Florida? The only reason that everyone thinks the incestuous SEC is so great is b/c they REFUSE to play tough out of conference teams and when they do, they usually lose. Yeah, Florida killed what I think was an overrated OSU team last year. But I think a lot of factors contributed to that.

And last, i think its a joke that Kansas got the nod of Missouri. Yeah, Kansas was the "feel good" story of the year, but so was Missouri to an extent. And, when they played, on a nuetral field, Missouri schooled Kansas. What gives. I know its not b/c of money. I would be willing to bet Missouri has a much larger following than Kansas. I think that was the worst decision of the BCS, besides maybe OSU.

Ok, rant over.

Dome, I don't know how you can put a team that didn't win its conference, let alone its division, in the championship game ahead of the team that did win the same conference. I know its not a rule right now, but I'm sure it should be and probably will be. Georgia may be a hotter team right now, but they still shouldn't be in the championship game. In my opinion, they should also make a rule that if a DI school loses to a DII school, they shouldn't be allowed in the championship game, even if the win their conference and are 11-1.

If anyone deserves to be pissed right now its Missouri - the Orange Bowl picks Kansas ???? You've got to be kidding me, they didn't win their conference or division either.

The sad thing is that the BCS has really told teams that strength of schedule doesn't really matter at all. Neither OSU, Kansas, or Hawaii played a schedule as hard as some high schools and they are all in a BCS game. Pitiful.

Well, here's my thinking. Georgia lost to So Carolina by 4 pts in the second game of the year. They also lost to Tennessee. However, Georgia finished the year on a 6 game winning streak including a drubbing of defending NC Florida.

LSU lost to Kentucky (now I know they were good for awhile there, but back to reality, KY lost 5 games this year but beat LSU) and they also lost to UNRANKED Arkansas in the second to last game of the season. So you tout LSU for winning the SEC with two conference losses and Georgia didn't get an opportunity to play for the conf championship due to their earlier loss to TN with ALSO two conference losses? Sounds like we just don't know WHO the actual best team is in the SEC do we? Georgia never had a shot all season at LSU.

I was just hoping that the title game would put the two best teams in college football on the field to play for the NC and not just the two best conference champions. I guess that's too much to ask for the BCS though.

Guest irishrick

Bowl Championship Series Rankings

USA Comp. BCS Previous

Team Record Harris Rank Avg. Avg. Rank

1. Ohio State Buckeyes 11-1 1 1 .910 .959 3

2. L-S-U Tigers 11-2 2 2 .950 .939 7

3. Virginia Tech Hokies 11-2 6 5 .960 .870 6

4. Oklahoma Sooners 11-2 3 3 .800 .857 9

5. Georgia Bulldogs 10-2 4 4 .800 .839 4

6. Missouri Tigers 11-2 7 7 .850 .776 1

7. U-S-C Trojans 10-2 5 6 .650 .764 8

8. Kansas Jayhawks 11-1 8 8 .810 .759 5

9. West Virginia Mountaineers 10-2 9 9 .640 .663 2

10. Hawaii Warriors 12-0 10 10 .610 .647 12

11. Arizona State Sun Devils 10-2 12 11 .690 .620 13

12. Florida Gators 9-3 11 12 .620 .613 10

13. Illinois Fighting Illini 9-3 13 13 .390 .460 15

14. Boston College Eagles 10-3 14 14 .570 .459 11

15. Clemson Tigers 9-3 16 16 .410 .384 16

16. Tennessee Volunteers 9-4 19 18 .350 .325 14

17. B-Y-U Cougars 10-2 18 19 .280 .303 19

18. Wisconsin Badgers 9-3 15 15 .100 .292 18

19. Texas Longhorns 9-3 17 17 .080 .252 20

20. Virginia Cavaliers 9-3 21 20 .290 .235 22

21. South Florida Bulls 9-3 24 25 .430 .211 21

22. Cincinnati Bearcats 9-3 20 23 .190 .179 23

23. Auburn Tigers 8-4 23 21 .120 .157 24

24. Boise State Broncos 10-2 22 22 .000 .118 25

25. Connecticut Huskies 9-3 29 28 .190 .075 NR

KEY: Harris - Harris Interactive Rankings; USA Rank - USA Today Rankings;

Comp. Avg. - Computer Average; BCS Avg. - Bowl Championship Series Average.