Have I mentioned how much I hate BSPN?

SDIrishFan

So, watching the Rutgers and L'Ville game and BSPN can't help but throw in all the jabs at ND that the can. The broke away to give the score of the Dallas/Green Bay game. Both Grant and Fasano have a TD in the game so BSPN says something to the effect of, "unlike the college football season, ND is scoring touchdowns all over the place." ND hater Flutie gets a chuckle yada yada. What I wouldn't give to find Flutie in a dark alley someday.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

I live in Li'ville can't stand louisville... Brohm is pretty damed hot whichever Pro team gets him they are lucky. I watched this kid Grade aschool and on up.

I live in Li'ville can't satant louisville... Bhrom is pretty damed hot whichever Pro team gets him they are luck.. Watched this kid Grades aschool and on up.

Ok SJ, I have to ask just cuz I have always been curious, and this is by no means a knock on you at all, but wondering why the creative penmenship in your posts? It's not that I can't understand you but thought there could be a specific reason. Don't hate me for asking...

Or, Mark May bitching about the black coaching situation... Is it me or is the black population of this country 12.1% and the black population on the football field roughly 60%? Should we have a quota that whites make up 75% of football teams? 74.7% of the country is white, so if there is a disproportionate amount of black players on the field, where do most of the white guys go? They go into the coaching ranks when they are students and can't make it into football on their athletic prowess, but work up the food chain as coaches. The 75% has to even out somehow, so it evens out such that more black players is cancelled by disproportionate white coaches. What is 12% of 119? If we play quotas, there should be at most 14 black coaches. Again, though, disproportionate numbers on the field are going to make disproporionate numbers somewhere else, ie coaching.

Funny how ESPN and other commentators never mentioned the demographics on the field.

I hope I don't offend anyone of color with this comment, because its not intended to offend. Its my personal opinion that the reason you don't see more minority coaches in college football is because you can't fire them.

If a white coach compiles a record of 23-14 over three years in the SEC, and is fired no one has a bad word to say about it (see Ron Zook). But a black head coach compiles a record of 21-15 over a three year period at a major independent, and is fired, its still talked about three years later (see Ty Willingham).

I think that in the back of some AD minds, maybe not even a conscious thought , when they interview a black candidate for a head coaching position, they think of "what if I have to fire them after three years". Are they going to take the chance of having their universities name dragged through the mud for years to come because a coach didn't work out ? I think that if they have equal candidates, white and black (or any race) the white coach gets the nod because they are more easy to get rid of than a minority coach.

I think its a shame that it happens, but I think it does. There are plenty of black coaches/coordinators that more than deserve a chance to be a head coach somewhere, and I hope that they all get a shot, but I'd be surprised.

I hope I don't offend anyone of color with this comment, because its not intended to offend. Its my personal opinion that the reason you don't see more minority coaches in college football is because you can't fire them.

If a white coach compiles a record of 23-14 over three years in the SEC, and is fired no one has a bad word to say about it (see Ron Zook). But a black head coach compiles a record of 21-15 over a three year period at a major independent, and is fired, its still talked about three years later (see Ty Willingham).

I think that in the back of some AD minds, maybe not even a conscious thought , when they interview a black candidate for a head coaching position, they think of "what if I have to fire them after three years". Are they going to take the chance of having their universities name dragged through the mud for years to come because a coach didn't work out ? I think that if they have equal candidates, white and black (or any race) the white coach gets the nod because they are more easy to get rid of than a minority coach.

I think its a shame that it happens, but I think it does. There are plenty of black coaches/coordinators that more than deserve a chance to be a head coach somewhere, and I hope that they all get a shot, but I'd be surprised.

Corwin Brown has the makings of a great head coach, I hope ND will give him a good look when Charlie retires.....

Corwin Brown has the makings of a great head coach, I hope ND will give him a good look when Charlie retires.....

I don't. I'm personally tired of hiring head coaches that have never been head coaches. Don't get me wrong, I like Corwin, but we need head coaches at ND that aren't learning on the job. ND should be a destination, not an origin.

What I wouldn't give to find Flutie in a dark alley someday.

Yeah probably picking through garbage. What a dousche. Im watching the cowboys/packers and have been surprised at the lack of jabs taken.

I've tried watching, Bryant Gumbel shouldn't be doing football games, his voice is to calm and non excitable. Maybe he should try golf.

If CW stays long enough and Corwin or Heywood or both stay right along side him for the duration, I think they will have the potential to run the team. I wouldn't mind either of them as long as they stick by CW and are learning the ins and outs.

Keeping continuity could really help the program, if we get going along the path that most of us anticipate under charlie. Some are too impatient to see this path to completion, but we will be just fine in two years.

As to my previous post, I want to clarify that all coaches or candidates should be based on their merits. Nothing more, nothing less...Just like merits are used to determine who sees the playing field and who doesn't.

Brian is a friend of mine, though we don't hang out and stuff. I used to see him a lot, next door, but he's been scarce the last few years. He has a ton of obligations. He's been killin it on the field since 5th grade--it's sic. He is always beatin my teams, from grade school, to high school and on into college. He is a living legend in Louisville.

I told him he needed to go to ND, but that was never really an option. His dad and all his brothers starred for UofL. ND fan would have loved him though, he's a lot like brady. Extremely humble, smart, great guy.

There, that's my man crush!

I live in Li'ville can't satant louisville... Bhrom is pretty damed hot whichever Pro team gets him they are luck.. Watched this kid Grades aschool and on up.

Ok SJ, I have to ask just cuz I have always been curious, and this is by no means a knock on you at all, but wondering why the creative penmenship in your posts? It's not that I can't understand you but thought there could be a specific reason. Don't hate me for asking...

that's just sj talking through his old buddy johnny walker............... :wink: :wink:

that's just sj talking through his old buddy johnny walker............... :wink: :wink:

Ha, hey, thats cool. I wish I could do that. Really was just a question out of curiousity more than anything.

Guest bfabes05

completly agree, i love that guy, he has been amazing on the field with our defense and off in recruiting, too bad hes a UM grad tho :(