ND's Field in 08 and beyond

will munny

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding, they are going to put natural grass back in the stadium. I believe they are going to be bringing in some guys from the NFL and other turf experts to see why our field is not holding up.

I wouldn't expect to see the synthetic stuff until it becomes too expensive to maintain the grass field.

From my understanding, they are going to put natural grass back in the stadium. I believe they are going to be bringing in some guys from the NFL and other turf experts to see why our field is not holding up.

I wouldn't expect to see the synthetic stuff until it becomes too expensive to maintain the grass field.

Definitely real turf. ND just doesn't like to change things like that unless it brings them more money (ie stadium expansion). I was absolutely floored years back when they painted a logo in the endzones for the bicentennial.

So, grass it will be. Can't we just get some Purdue kids to come up for the summer? They're the agricultural guys down there. Heck, ND has nuclear physisists all over campus and we can't grow grass? I've got a yard guy that could grow grass in Antarctica. I use him because I actually screwed up a chia pet once. Damn thing only had 7 hairs on it. Turns out you can't feed the chia pet beer. Who woulda known?!?!?!

Guest SirJohn

hah domeananddomer. I do know it was and is Kentucky Bluegrass. it's not a baby issue but you do have to water and nutue it, wich i gather the present gound crews failed. Mowing height I won't get into.

But of corse knowing it here and , nuturing it I say it will be perfect if some NFl guys come in to advise. I think it's like most organizations the old hat sort of did it their way as that was the way it was allways done way and it slid down hill. What was super 100 years ago changed.

Loiok at Rudy and Fortune plugging the field

This is why a shake up is always needed. Keep up with the times.

maybe we should try "a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff."

Guest NDPRIDE

Well,

I am glad that I have real grass from the 50 yard line in my front yard because it appears that real grass will no longer exist.

I hope all of you are still excited about the win on Saturday. We take the wins when ever we can get them.

God Bless Notre Dame our Mother.

ND PRIDe

Has anyone else played on the field turf? I played in 3 or so games at the college level on the stuff and I personally hated it.....anyone else have an opinion on it. wasn't bad to run on but the thing I could not stand was the little black rubber pieces it gets all over you.

early 2000's.....Washington and Jefferson (PA), Alma College (MI) were two that come to mind right away....I played for Hanover College....Wittenburg which we played in the playoffs just had artificial turf that is by far the worst surface IMHO.

Guest SirJohn

iT WILL BE REAL GRASS IN THE STADIUM... mY POST EARLIER WAS JUST WE WILL LGO TO SOME ARTIFICIAL nnfl APPROVED GRASS FOR PRACTICES. jUST RE SODDING THE STADIUM WITH SOME nfl EXPERTS IN TUR. i THINK THE OLD SOD BOYS AT nd GOT WAY BEHIND AND OUT MODED. Time simply to fire.... tradition sometimes sucks and your tradition of field turf maintenence is outmoded.

Cannonball it. Cannonball comin.

Nice catch blarney, I can't believe domer didn't sniff that one out.

Touche Stank...beating me at my own game!!! I must have been searching for some of CPA's old posts.

You know I'm all over the movie quotes too. I almost decided to go into the Carl Spackler diatribe. "So I jumped ship in Hong Kong and made my way on over to Tibet. I got on as a looper on a course there in the Himalayas......."

One of the all time greatest movies ever made.

No doubt one of the best movies ever. Bill Murray is pure genius.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior firepower and superior intelligence. And that's all she wrote."