Upperclassmen resents the Underclassmen

Franco

I read a lot from other boards just to see if any news comes up and I found this from NotreDameFans.com. I'll quote the whole thing because it's his original post and I want to give him credit. It basically says there's a rift between the upperclassmen (Ty's recruits) and the underclassmen (Weis' recruits).

This was from Gipper44 over at NotreDameFans.com

I was talking to a guy last night who had a lot of inisght within Notre Dame football. He knows a bunch of the players and other guys on the sidelines.

He told me that the under and upperclassmen don't get along at all. Weis has been spending more time settling disputes than he has coaching.

He also said that a certain center with #78 is the ring-leader. Remember those high snaps against Michigan? He even claimed that Sullivan did those ON PURPOSE becauae all of the seniors wanted Sharpley, and not some hot-shot freshman, starting at quarterback. THE UPPER CLASSMEN WERE PURPOSELY MISSING BLOCKS AND ASSIGNMENTS TO MAKE CLAUSEN LOOK BAD! Shocked I don't know if this is true or not, but it is an amazement to me.

Again, this isn't my insight, and if all this is true then I have never been more dissapointed in a Notre Dame class. It just baffles me that certain players have been going out of their way to make each other look bad. That is not the Notre Dame Football that I know and love. I say that any players who did those things should be thrown off the team.

Weis ought to only play underclassmen for the last two games. Only players that want to win and do their assignments so that we can win some more @#$%^&! football games.

Just reading it made me angry and even though it's a rumor, I whole-heartedly believe it to be true, and if I was Weis I would have benched the lot of them. They are a cancer to this team and need to be benched if not thrown off the team.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if all of this is true but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. most of the juniors and seniors are even on the same talent level as a lot of the freshmen and sophmores. so to me i could understand it if a lot of them resent the fact that they are getting more playing time and attention. next year and the year after i think the team chemistry will be much better. i feel that JC will bring this team together once all the crap is removed from the roster.

Guest NDFANINTEXAS

This has to be a joke. Why even continue to play if they dont want to compete? Notre Dame just sucks this year....This reason is by far the lamest excuse I have seen yet.

Guest SirJohn

I have been hearing this and getting EM's that the upperclassmen who are the last of the Ty guys have been 'screwing up' is the only word for it. We should just get a Rumor section at DD for this. The good thing is nhext game is the Senior game and then they will be gone. But i have heard of decensions in locker room

This has to be a joke. Why even continue to play if they dont want to compete? Notre Dame just sucks this year....This reason is by far the lamest excuse I have seen yet.

Seems kind of weird that Cw says that the upperclassmen are the ones making most of the mistakes in the games.AL LA Travis Thomas missing the pick up on a simple blitz block. He just didn't do it once but, twice in the game where JC got sacked both times.

Here is my "opinion". Even the most fabricated lie/rumor is USUALLY based off of some truth. Now I tend to believe the truth to these Upper vs. Underclassmen rumors lie somewhere in the middle. I can definately see how the Juniors and Seniors would harbor some resentment because 1- their season has been the worst in school history and this will be what they are remembered for. 2- the upperclassmen that are coming back know that next year, their playing time will be reduced or they will be replaced all together. 3- Charlie plays the best players no matter what the year. I speculate these upperclassmen feel they put in their time and should play. If they were serplanted by a frosh or soph they most likely feel jaded. As for missing assignments intentionally to get Jimmy beat up? If this is true those individuals are punks and only hurting themselves and it will reflect on draft day. Good riddens!!!

these juniors and seniors have been the big men on campus ever since they arived and now they are playing second fiddle to these highly touted freshmen and sophmores. next year CW will have three full classes of his recruites and they will easily out number all the TW guys.

There has been speculation about this all year. I can't imagine it would have stuck this well if there wasn't some semblance of truth to it. I can certainly see how a lot of anomosity would form on this team between the young guys and old guys.

What I find funny is how dumb do you have to be to intentionally miss assigments in order to get the young guys hurt. Maybe they just think they won't play on Sunday's anyway, so whats the point of trying?

Short of Trevor Laws (2nd round) and John Carlson (4th or 5th), I don't see anyone else on this team getting drafted this year. Maybe Sullivan b/c his stock was so high to begin the season.

Man....I just find that hard to beleive.....I can see players not getting along but it makes no sense to sabotage the season........I just can't fathom that happening.

Here is the thing...most of these guys are still young in emotional maturity. Think about when you were 18 - 22 years old. I don't know about you guys but I was still in the I don't give a sheet mode. If someone pee'd in my turf, I didn't care what I had to do, they were going to know they weren't welcome.

Also, again I think this began to snowball after the Michigan game...once it starts rolling it goes out of control to a point that you can't reign it in.

If true, which I believe it is to some extent, I honestly think this is one thing that slipped under Coach Weis's radar...I don't think he saw this coming, going into the season. And in my mind accounts for some of the very poor individual performances we have seen this season.

-Batch

I have been hearing this and getting EM's that the upperclassmen who are the last of the Ty guys have been 'screwing up' is the only word for it. We should just get a Rumor section at DD for this. The good thing is nhext game is the Senior game and then they will be gone. But i have heard of decensions in locker room

I wonder if people remember what was said about John Sullivan in the Irish Band of Brothers blog (House Divided)? This was the same stuff that I heard and you guys blasted me for it. So what do you guys have to say now? I know what I'm going to say: I TOLD YOU SO!

bew i disputed a couple things.. seems I made a mortotal enemy in doing so. That's a good Blog and I appreciate your or any comments. Things do change.

I just thought it was funny when you and others were saying I was full of crap of what was said about Sullivan. And now it is all coming out about the cancer on the team between Ty's guys and the younger guys. All I have to say is this, I'm not going to post heresay or bs. My sources and myself pride ourselves in giving timely, valuable, and correct information. I just want you and others to admit that I was correct, that's all!

bew i disputed a couple things.. seems I made a mortotal enemy in doing so. That's a good Blog and I appreciate your or any comments. Things do change.

I just thought it was funny when you and others were saying I was full of crap of what was said about Sullivan. And now it is all coming out about the cancer on the team between Ty's guys and the younger guys. All I have to say is this, I'm not going to post heresay or bs. My sources and myself pride ourselves in giving timely, valuable, and correct information. I just want you and others to admit that I was correct, that's all!

Well, it looks like we found Mike Franks log in.

Listen bew, post like this will get you no respect on this board, you have to earn your stripes and your 50 posts wouldn't make you a "trusted" member of any community, not jsut this one. We appreciate your comments, but if expect us to bow down to you because you may have posted something that was correct, but not everyone believed you, you are sadly mistaken. Don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back.

There are many posters on this board that when I see they have something to say, I read it - you have not made that list and your bravdo just put to towards the bottom of most of the posters list on this board. Learn from posters like Rockne3d, domeanddomer, blarney_stank, Black Irish, Sir John, gallup21, dangeruss, irishrick, gwoodND, hejduk and all the others whom faile to list, I respect what they say, even if I don't agree

Just a word of advice, post your comments, let people read them and judge them, if you they are worth comment, good or bad, they will be commented on. We don't keep score, nor do we care to. Earn your respect, its the only way.

Like I said before, we appreciate your posts, keep them coming.

Guest irishrick

well iam sure that there is some resentment between seniors and the underclassmen , but to indicate that a senior would intentionally do something to hurt a fellow player, no matter who . in my opinion is wrong and i don't think it happened , sure we had bad snaps and missed blocks and so forth but to sit there and tell me that a notre dame fella tried to hurt another teammate i just don't believe it , and never will , this is just some hogwash . we are NOTRE DAME. :clap: nuf said.

Guest AtlantaIrish

I think Trevor Laws and John Carlson will both be first day draft picks, I could see them both being 2nd round draft picks. I don't even know what to think of Zibby anymore. Same will Sullivan. Both have had horrible years and have really hurt their draft stock.