Allen

irishndfan2

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad he finally got his TD. I was getting mad cause every time we got down to the redzone, it was because of the running of Aldrige and Allen, and then Charlie gives the ball to Thomas. It kinda pisses me off. If they do all the work they should get the ball for the touchdown run.

Im glad he finally got his TD. I was getting mad cause every time we got down to the redzone, it was because of the running of Aldrige and Allen, and then Charlie gives the ball to Thomas. It kinda pisses me off. If they do all the work they should get the ball for the touchdown run.

I said this exact same thing during the Navy game and got ripped into. I said this game is as much about confidence and a strong metality as it is about being physical. Allen and Aldridge were ripping huge gains and then we'd get inside the 10 and in goes TT. Drove me abolutely F'in nuts.

Reminds me of that scene from Varsity Blues where the running back goes off complaining about everytime they got inside the 10, they gave the ball to the star quarterback rather than letting the work horse ram it in.

Don't expect us to shred the defense on kickoffs until we change schemes. Our return game is just pathetic. The wedge, if you can call it that never seems to provide an advantage and the returners almost hit the wedge too soon. They then have to bounce outside with no protection and it over. I'd love to see it but we need some schematic changes on kickoff returns. If I were Charlie I'd pull up film of Lou's teams and model my return game after his.

Don't expect us to shred the defense on kickoffs until we change schemes. Our return game is just pathetic. The wedge, if you can call it that never seems to provide an advantage and the returners almost hit the wedge too soon. They then have to bounce outside with no protection and it over. I'd love to see it but we need some schematic changes on kickoff returns. If I were Charlie I'd pull up film of Lou's teams and model my return game after his.

i think you're slightly off-base here. i don't think it's the scheme as much as it's the inexperience of the returners and other personnel. you said it yourself, the returners don't have a lot of patience and golden is not a good blocker at this point. if he makes a block on at least two separate occasions, as i recall, AA takes it to the house.

it'll get better, i promise you...

i think you're slightly off-base here. i don't think it's the scheme as much as it's the inexperience of the returners and other personnel. you said it yourself, the returners don't have a lot of patience and golden is not a good blocker at this point. if he makes a block on at least two separate occasions, as i recall, AA takes it to the house.

it'll get better, i promise you...

Good point on the youth side of it BI. I agree that should help things but I still think some schematic adjustments are necessary to make this a lights out return game. There is no doubt in my mind we have the dynamic returners to do it.

I agree. Aldridge still has never scored. Allen looked pretty fast taking that screen in for the TD. Allen actually looks stronger/bigger to me than he did at the start of the season.

You And every member of the DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except that dippy fighton

#5 is a bad man and i can't wait to see him break one

you can add heismancaliber to that list...............

Yep, it is really weird they post here! REALLY Weird

I said this exact same thing during the Navy game and got ripped into. I said this game is as much about confidence and a strong metality as it is about being physical. Allen and Aldridge were ripping huge gains and then we'd get inside the 10 and in goes TT. Drove me abolutely F'in nuts.

Reminds me of that scene from Varsity Blues where the running back goes off complaining about everytime they got inside the 10, they gave the ball to the star quarterback rather than letting the work horse ram it in.

Watching TT get the ball every time we're in a goalline situation drives me nuts too.

Charlie helped me feel a little better about this decision with a comment he made the other day. I think it was on "Inside Notre Dame Football."

He said that TT is the designated goalline back.

People question him on why TT get's the ball there, and Charlie makes it seem like a loyalty issue.

He talks about how TT barely plays anymore and the fact that he is a captain in his final year.

He loved getting Hughes the TD against Navy, but TT is his guy down there.

Looks like he's just throwing Travis a little love.

I don't fully agree, but I understand.

Watching TT get the ball every time we're in a goalline situation drives me nuts too.

Charlie helped me feel a little better about this decision with a comment he made the other day. I think it was on "Inside Notre Dame Football."

He said that TT is the designated goalline back.

People question him on why TT get's the ball there, and Charlie makes it seem like a loyalty issue.

He talks about how TT barely plays anymore and the fact that he is a captain in his final year.

He loved getting Hughes the TD against Navy, but TT is his guy down there.

Looks like he's just throwing Travis a little love.

I don't fully agree, but I understand.

I want Allen and Tate to both break one for a touchdown man!!!!!! :D

I want every friggin' player on the team to break one for a TD. ;-)

On the TT thing... as long as keeps scoring, I don't mind so much that CW gives him some love. God knows TT has put in his time and service to the ND cause. He's generally shown himself to be a team guy, switching positions to do the best for the team... he was a bloody LB last year!! yikes ...

And, so that's one thing CW does in college that i'd doubt he'd do in the pros.. so on that level he gets it... so long as TT gives equal chance to score as any other back.

Others on the team... still playing... i scratch my head. But, it is what it is at this point. Be interested to see how emotional the seniors will be on this game vs Duke..

IDK. Allen doesnt do it for me on the kickoffs. He needs to hit the hole harder. he seems to almost jog until he gets there and then he kicks up another gear but its to late.

Heres to hoping he gets one though.

I see that too 23.

He is running like he's waiting for the line to open a hole.

He needs to be at almost full speed when his wall makes their hit.

Then it's very hard to react as a defender.

He's too small to let guys even get an arm on him.

The kid could use a little more weight, maybe he wouldn't go down so easily.

Maybe his blockers suck at opening a hole up for him.

Come to think of it, a lot sucks about this team, but just for this year.

It can only get better.

He does go down a lot like that GD.

Here's a direct quote form his player bio:

"Allen has the ability to stay on his feet after taking a tough hit(s)"

So far, I haven't seen too much of this.

Another line from his bio talks about his elusiveness.

Now this I have seen.

He just needs to get a little bigger up top, to have something to help him absorb first hits and gain extra yards.

He's definitely bigger IMO than he was in spring, so you know he doesn't mind hitting the gym,

Plus, like you said, the kid is just a freshman! :D

We've got quite a few more years of him.

He does go down a lot like that GD.

Here's a direct quote form his player bio:

"Allen has the ability to stay on his feet after taking a tough hit(s)"

So far, I haven't seen too much of this.

Another line from his bio talks about his elusiveness.

Now this I have seen.

He just needs to get a little bigger up top, to have something to help him absorb first hits and gain extra yards.

He's definitely bigger IMO than he was in spring, so you know he doesn't mind hitting the gym,

Plus, like you said, the kid is just a freshman! :D

We've got quite a few more years of him.

Remember that Allen is just a Frosh that did NOT play his senior season of High school. this is his first season since '05