Quinn vs. Clausen

Guest bew602

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than wins, with JC's less attempts shows why the less yards. Without the "droppsies this past weekend, he may have moved ahead of Quinn in total yards. The wins tell the story though, with JC's one to Quinn's 3 at that point.

Loved the omar picture below that story too!!!

He does look skinny and Tiny out there and will need to put some time in the weight room for 2008. Crist looks tons better in my opinion.

If you compare Crist's numbers to Clausen's in HS, it's no comparison: Clausen had more wins, more state titles, more TD's, less ints. and more yards than Dayne.

Not saying Dayne won't be a good college QB, but he'll have to wait his turn for a while.

i really like the zip and the accuracy that JC was throwing with, his numbers could've been better if GRIMES and a few others would hold onto the football. i agree with sir john that the only real knock on JC is that he has a slim build and it's already got him injured this year, he's going to need some serious time in the weight room. i hope the protection is better next year because he'll have a nice group of WRs to throw to next year.

He does look skinny and Tiny out there and will need to put some time in the weight room for 2008. Crist looks tons better in my opinion.

If you compare Crist's numbers to Clausen's in HS, it's no comparison: Clausen had more wins, more state titles, more TD's, less ints. and more yards than Dayne.

Not saying Dayne won't be a good college QB, but he'll have to wait his turn for a while.

Does Crist play in the same division that Clausen did? Clausen played in one of the weaker divsions in the state correct?

Does Crist play in the same division that Clausen did? Clausen played in one of the weaker divsions in the state correct?

I'm not sure if they played in the same division or not. But what I do know is that the Division Clausen played in, there was a total of 103 Division I football players the last two seasons. Pretty amazing if you ask me. I don't know how many D-I players there are in Dayne's.

Guest SirJohn

OK re phrase that. yes crist looks physicly bigger and more muscle then JC. I am not saying JC is crummy, I don't want to get into the hate JC column again. A year in the weight room, elbow and all could help JC. It is nice knowing an upcomer can back JC down the road rather then an irratic Sharpley. A I think it was a six five QB with muscles makes for a good fall back. I do mean i look at JC and wonder how he took that pounding, his arm is no where near Brady's. So we will need a solid fall back guy down the road. That's especially so if this O line can't protect their Grandmaw any.

I think Clausen's biggest obstacle is that he appears to be getting hurt fairly frequently. So, fairly or unfairly, BQ is the benchmark around here and Clausen looks scrawny compaired to Brady. I know Brady was a gym freak, but he took a severe beating during his 4 years at ND and to my knowlege was only hurt in the SC game his Senior year. Clausen has been out twice this year alone! This could really hinder his college and professional career.

Looks weak and no real cannon that I can see. Hopefully he's just weak after injury but I've been thoroughly underwhelmed with his physical attributes and he has held onto the ball too long but he's a freshman so I won't get on him as much for mental errors.

I don't know if I was watching a different game then everyone else, but I thought Jimmy had a lot more zip on the ball on Saturday then Quinn ever had. I never really though Quinn's biggest asset was his arm strength. Jimmy is a much more accurate passer then Quinn.

No, they did not play in the same division. Yes, Clausen's division was a weaker division than Dayne's is. Dayne is playing in the highest HS division there is.

And keep in mind that Dayne was injured part of last year as well and that was his first starting year.

Looks weak and no real cannon that I can see. Hopefully he's just weak after injury but I've been thoroughly underwhelmed with his physical attributes and he has held onto the ball too long but he's a freshman so I won't get on him as much for mental errors.

I don't know if I was watching a different game then everyone else, but I thought Jimmy had a lot more zip on the ball on Saturday then Quinn ever had. I never really though Quinn's biggest asset was his arm strength. Jimmy is a much more accurate passer then Quinn.

you were not watching a different game, son! you are right!

first of all, i have serious man-love for BQ. always will but the fact is that JC is the better QB at this stage than BQ was and the reason is ACCURACY!! yes, i know i've said it time and again, like when after the spring game i predicted that JC would start in the fall, to my bitching about evan's lack of accuracy during game threads. it's why CW loves JC and why JC WILL have a successful career in college. accuracy!

i really think CW made a GOOD coaching move in sitting JC and we should recognize him for that. it really seemed on saturday like a light went off over JC's head and he now gets his position more than ever. the future again seems bright to me for ND football :D

first of all, i have serious man-love for BQ.

Damnnnnn!!!!!

Well at least you're honest about it! LMAO! :wink: :D :D

I wouldn't say I've got "man-love" for the guy but I'll admit to "man-crush"!!

Although, Quinn's sister wasn't too bad looking.

And as long as JC improves, I'll have to break it to BQ softly!

LOL!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: