Latina replacements

DJonesIRISH

I think John is a great person. Having said that I just don't think he is getting the job done. Sacks are not acceptable against Navy, and our run game is pitiful against avergage defense. Who are some kickass, old school O-line coaches that are going to get this thing turned around?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. As much fire and passion as Aaron Taylor would bring to the position, someone with OL coaching experience would be better suited. There was a similar thread awile back. My suggestion then is the same today...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=31345&Q_SEASON=2007

NU is averaging 142 on the ground, 288 through the air, and I think they've allowed fourteen sacks.

Coaching experience, has the track record, will more then likely be looking for future employment.

All that said I don't think Latina will get his walking papers at seasons end.

Agreed. As much fire and passion as Aaron Taylor would bring to the position, someone with OL coaching experience would be better suited. There was a similar thread awile back. My suggestion then is the same today...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=31345&Q_SEASON=2007

NU is averaging 142 on the ground, 288 through the air, and I think they've allowed fourteen sacks.

Coaching experience, has the track record, will more then likely be looking for future employment.

All that said I don't think Latina will get his walking papers at seasons end.

Why would he not get his walking papers? He has underachieved every season he has been here.

And why not Aaron Taylor? Have we not learned yet that experience is not always important? Sometimes all kids need is someone to come in here and get them to believe in themselves and their teammates.

Honestly, how many superstars make good coaches? Not many. Hiring an ex player with little to no coaching experience is like buying an unknown penny stock.........................aka Foolish. We've been complaining because this O-line isn't being coached up. Do you guys believe that Latina doesn't believe in them? He recruited them! :lol:

Guest SirJohn

While not a Latina fna after tis year. No one will know about cut and go before it happens. Who? O think Min ter was a gonner, Vaas a surprise. I never saw corwan Brown coming.. so???? We shall see 2008.

Guest DCDomer
I think John is a great person. Having said that I just don't think he is getting the job done. Sacks are not acceptable against Navy, and our run game is pitiful against avergage defense. Who are some kickass, old school O-line coaches that are going to get this thing turned around?

Bring on Andy Heck - currently the OL coach for the Jacksonville Jags. If Haywood bolts for the SMU job as some are whispering, Weis could offer Heck the OC spot to come to ND.

http://www.jaguars.com/team/Coach.aspx?id=2513

Honestly, how many superstars make good coaches? Not many. Hiring an ex player with little to no coaching experience is like buying an unknown penny stock.........................aka Foolish. We've been complaining because this O-line isn't being coached up. Do you guys believe that Latina doesn't believe in them? He recruited them! :lol:

IMO the bulldog drill-Sergent routine of Latinas doesnt connect with todays kids. Its sad that todays kids look like they need a hug instead of a mentor.

Latina is as qualified as any O-line coach that will most likely replace him. When I look around the NCAA, the biggest success stories in coaching are the motivators.

Great point Ray. I see the light.

Motivation is big, but energy and enthusiasm play a huge role in college today. As much as everyone jumps on Carroll for acting like a complete jacka$$ on the field, which he is, players are still drawn to that. It's hard for ND to replicate that given the record, but I wish the staff would show some fire at times.

Great point Ray. I see the light.

Motivation is big, but energy and enthusiasm play a huge role in college today. As much as everyone jumps on Carroll for acting like a complete jacka$$ on the field, which he is, players are still drawn to that. It's hard for ND to replicate that given the record, but I wish the staff would show some fire at times.

I mean, look at Meyer. He cries like a baby after every loss.....and his kids respect that?

I mean, how many of you old school guys would respond to that? I saw my grandpa cry once, briefly when his mother died. I cant even imagine what kind of person I would have become if the men figures in my life went to pieces after every little thing.

not sure heck would want to leave the pros to come back and do the same job at the college level..........

I'm hoping 1) because he's a ND guy, and 2) he wants to be a HC some day, and the publicity he could get from turning our OL around and the relationship that CW still has with alot of the NFL may help might help move him along.

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.