Deion Walker interview...

Guest gallup21

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fighton2007

Sorry, but I don't think ND is getting Deion Walker. He's a city guy (lived in Charlotte, NC most his life) and he doesn't want to go to a school in a city like his hometown, Christchurch, VA.

I dont know. The interview didnt sound too bad to me. Maybe he's just one of those guys that doesnt talk much. He did say he doesnt want to be in a situation where there isnt a good quarterback. ND doesnt have that to worry about. The only other team with a QB situation like us is USC.

Guest IntoTheRain

yeah that was disappointing, he sounded diplomatic at best. I'm trying to avoid reading too far into it, but it really does give the impression that he is gonna have us 3rd behind his big favorites. Well, I'll try to keep my hopes reasonable!

I'm not that worried about it. Just because he didn't say a whole lot, doesn't mean there wasn't a lot to be said. Not every interview is going to give all of their private thoughts, and/or they may not be very detailed in their responses to begin with. Some can be downright quiet and guarded.

Lets also keep in mind that the method of the interview may have something to do with Dieon's brevity. Since I know Nick, I'm guessing the interview was done via instant messanger. And, depending on the kid, that can be a good thing, and that can be a bad thing. For me? I'm usually more expressive with written word than spoken. But for Dieon? It might be the opposite.

All and all Walker didn't get very detailed, so I don't see enough from him to say many conclusive things. I don't think this visit was a home run like how things sounded from Kenneth Page, but I don't think this one hurt us either. Considering how he has sounded to the media before, this is a markedly improved vibe. But thats just one man's often over-analytical take.

He sounded pretty blah about ND.

He's still playing the game. The interview responses by him were fine. We are sitting pretty good with him. I have reason to believe (not definite) that Deion Walker wants to be admitted as an EE at ND than he will commit. That is why he was probably at ND on Monday, meeting with admissions on the EE. there is a question about one of his core classes for the EE.

Personally I think Walker will be a standout WR, especially if he comes to ND, and plays with Clausen and Crist. He can be an impact guy like Manningham is at UM, same body type, similar in speed. Or look at Tolliver for LSU, another one with the same frame as Walker and similar abilities. I personally have been pulling for him, and was very excited when Weis offered.Apparently his dad is also very high on ND and the academics, so hopefully that will help some too.

Well it looks like Deion Walker will not be in in a ND Uniform.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/briefingroom

PLAYER NEWS

Nov. 6

Deion Walker, WR

Christchuch, VA

Christchurch School

Scouts Grade: 85

ESPN150 Rank: 16

Position Rank: 4 Wide receiver

Deion Walker not sold on South Bend, Ind.

Under Armour All-American Deion Walker spoke with ESPN affiliate WeAreSC.com about his official visit to Notre Dame. While he liked the players, coaches, academics, and the depth chart situation at Notre Dame, he was not thrilled with the town of South Bend or the climate.

Walker, who's originally from Charlotte, N.C. and considers himself a "big-city guy" added, "I knew they would arrange things for us to do because we were on an official visit, but it didn't seem like there was much to do in South Bend. I hope it's not like Christchurch, because I don't want to go to a school in a city like Christchurch. That would be the biggest negative with Notre Dame. I know there would be a lot more to do in L.A."

He's already taken official visits to Florida State and Penn State, has a date set with USC for Dec. 1st, and might visit LSU as well

Isn't WeAreSC the same site that said that Omar Hunter was possibly going to USC last weekend for an official?

I wouldn't put too much stock in that report. Writers can twist and turn comments any which way, especially with high school kids who don't always realize how their comments could be portrayed.

Besides, I'd put more stock in what Rockne3d says that a USC website.