Should Charlie Stay  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Should Charlie Stay

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrishPanther

Yay too. And what a refreshing site when I clicked the submit vote button and it came back 100% in favor of staying. Thanks guys for being reasonable. I knew (but it always is nice to be reminded) that DD would be a place of people who don't have the sense of entitlement you see at others where many have just lost it. Not saying any of us are happy, but we're not about to cut off our hand because we got a pretty good gash on our finger.

All that said. 7 wins are a must for me next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see us get many more with a couple of breaks and the momentum we could build. The elimination of blowouts is a key too and one I think isn't far out of reach once our offense can keep the defense off the field for more than 3 plays.

currently 11 for yay and 0 for nay. im kind of surprised that there wernt atleast one nay, but its still early.

i think im only giving Weis one more year before i start really calling for him to be gone. im not totally confident in him for next season, but ill give him the benifit. hes done a great job in recruiting and i think he does deserve to see what he can do with a full team of his recruits. he needs to do a better job of coaching up the players.

can ND realistically fire him? he has numerous years left on his contract, so if ND wanted to fire him they would owe him that money guaranteed right? ..but isnt there a clause or whatever that allows Weis to leave himself for the NFL without ND owing him any money?

i almost have some hope that he chooses to go back to the NFL

Guest irishrick

-special, no i think it wold be a big mistake to fire this man , he is getting the job done , i think that he will make some changes to his staff and will be somewhat successful next year , we might lose a few to the biggies but we should have a bowl eligible type team . all games will be fairly close . it could be a very good year if we get some much needed freshmen in this years class, will know in february, some should be an immediate help. fire the line coach ? right now ill say 60/40 in favor to keep him . what say you ? :)

Guest bfabes05

the fact that he and corwin are just tearing up in recruiting and there doing it while we are playing so poorly on the field, he gets two more years, but he needs at least 7 to 8 wins next year and there is no excuse if they dont compete for a national title the following year

Yay...but his is a big man on increasingly thin ice in my book. Regardless of staying or not staying he deserves every ounce of sh.. he is getting for the loss to Navy. He called a BS game and blew it for his team. Again, he should feel a TON of heat for this. For crying out loud, I can't tell you how hard I am typing right now. There is absolutely NO excuse to lose to Navy. NONE.

Guest mpstunner11

Think about what firing weis would do right now. We would lose at least half of our #1 class in the nation, and it is not right to keep a coach on until February 3. We would set a bad precedent about not letting coaches stay for 5 years - I excuse Willingham because he was so bad. The players have not lost faith in Charlie. So give the guy a break. There have been quite a few bad coaching decisions, but the season is lost anyway - who cares if we lose to navy. Its not like we are losing any recruits or kids transferring.

WE ARE ND

Keep him. In his heart, Weis only wants what his best for ND, I just hope he learns or adapts his style for college. He coached a heckuva a first two years, but he just messed up in spring practice and in the fall with a very young team. I do respect Weis for the hard worker he is, his love of ND and yes his toughness.

Guest SpanishElite

Im in the keep Coach Weis camp.

I think he is a great coach, a great recruiter, and above all he LOVES Notre Dame.

I think in acouple years with a veteran QB, some playmakers at the skills position, and some stud OL he has recruited I really think teh offense can be great and dynamic.

On defense Coach Brown has a great attitude about football and recruiting. I think once our young studs O. Hunter, Filer, Flemming, E. Johnson, McCarthy, Pos and others and the young guys we have there now Mcneil, Walls, T. Smith, B. Smith, K. Neal and I. Williams we can have a great aggressive turnover causing defense.

I think we should wait to make any decision on his job, until he has a chance for those things to happen. If you look with a verteran QB and some vet WR in Quinn, Shark, Stovall and Fasano/Carlson we were dynamic on offense. So I dont think Coach Weis forgot to coach.

Any thoughts?

Think about what firing weis would do right now. We would lose at least half of our #1 class in the nation, and it is not right to keep a coach on until February 3. We would set a bad precedent about not letting coaches stay for 5 years - I excuse Willingham because he was so bad. The players have not lost faith in Charlie. So give the guy a break. There have been quite a few bad coaching decisions, but the season is lost anyway - who cares if we lose to navy. Its not like we are losing any recruits or kids transferring.

WE ARE ND

Just to clarify, I said that Charlie needs to feel a TON of heat for this loss...not get fired. I don't think anyone feels that is the answer right now. As for "who cares if we lose to Navy?"....personally I can't even believe I just read that. I care. I would certainly hope that the team cares. I would certainly hope that all of you care. Again, somewhere, somehow it seems to have become acceptable to lose. ND used to be full of winners and to winners...losing is not only unacceptable, it's not even an option.