Omar not going to USC this weekend

PlayLikeAChampion

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishfan4life

i like how espn said internet rumors...i look everywhere for this info since it came out and i couldn't find anything unless it was on there site...hey espn stop spreading these rumors and try to blame other ppl for starting it...go irish

I'm not sure I like that news. I preferred to just believe it was 100% BS. Now it says "he has postponed it until after the season". Think they'll still have him out for a visit after NSD?

Eskimo, I hear you...a major distinction though...notice her statement wasn't a quote, maybe it was yet another slant by BSPN. His official to ND is next week, how about moving that back to the banquet in December? No worries on Omar, again I'd think the biggest threats would be southern schools. SC got in late, too late.

If he does visit then CW and the staff have to start recruiting his replacement. Because if one does it, then others will also. You have to show recruits that if you look around that you will look around. One person doesn't make A TEAM. And if you believe what you preach then hold ground.

Hate to say it but it sure seems like the Omar Hunter recruitment is far from over.

True, he still has an official to ND next week. Not sure why everyone is worried, rumors have continuously been shot down. What does worrying do anyways? Still a long way to go until NSD, Omar isn't the only guy getting calls from other schools. He is, however, Brown's most important target. One good thing is we'll definitely have a quality DT enrolled before the poachers come, Cwynar will be in school when Mattison and others come calling (as if they already haven't).

the recruitment of any guys verbally committed to ND is far from over. If the team was 5-3 or 4-4 even, maybe, but not now. We need to be ready for a swarm of last minute commits elsewhere.

This team needs to show something over the next 4 weeks or it could be a long long long offseason.

someone has to step up and show some improvement somewhere.

:shock:

Guest mpstunner11

I wouldn't worry at all. Most players decommit to go to a school closer to home. Trattou was a different scenario because we were switching defensive schemes and he maybe felt he wouldn't fit. I think he might be intrigued with the idea of playing for the Trojans, but that doesn't mean he will go there. As long as Brown and Weis stay, I really don't see why any player will decommit. If you think about the Littles, they really had confusing recruiting processes and who knows where they wanted to go. If you want to worry about recruits - you can worry all you want.

Theres a lot of stories about him looking around. But in the end I have confidence that Corwin will help him see the light. At least I hope. Also, Petey and the USC boys might be on probation by that time anyway. Its just wishful thinking.

Totally agree Germany, lots of stories (most of w/ zero quotes from Omar). For those getting a bad feeling, why not hold off until Omar himself says something. I'll be worried if he doesn't make his visit to ND. Otherwise it's a given that other schools are attempting to poach. Get used to it or find another interest, it will get worse as NSD nears. GO IRISH!!

I worry about the overall program and I just think that we really need Omar and Dayne. I don't lose sleep over Omar. It doesn't interupt my day. I'm still able to function in society. But you cannot ignore the fact that he is "committed to ND" and his mom says that he "postponed his USC visit until after the season" doesn't sound very committed.

He's already made the trip or has the flight booked according to some. This automatically makes him Tratt from what I gather. Unlike Tratt, maybe it's a free visit to somewhere he hasn't been, maybe he hasn't had opportunites to travel much. Maybe he doesn't want to visit but others are telling him to take them, he'll only be a recruit once, no matter where he ends up. Maybe he'll have a change of heart on the visit like he did at ND while he was considered a UM lean. Maybe he goes and Poodle gets to him, I'd prefer if he didn't take the visit but I'm not Omar and I don't know his situation, nor does anyone else on the board. For all the frustration that's on EVERY ND board, there is yet to be a single report of a scheduled SC date. There's nothing aboout Omar on any SC board. All this is the aftermath of a report from BSPN (how many articles hatin' on ND this year?) that consists of two of three sentences apiece with no quotes. Maybe we as Irish fans should be more confident in the package Charlie is selling. From my standpoint we look like drama queens. I noticed someone from another board even tried to contact the AD at his high school, luckily he got a message machine and didn't leave a message. Let's get a grip IrishNation!