Bears game and my ND pride

Rockne3d

I was at the Bears game today sitting in some bad a$$ seats. Behind the Bears bench, ten yard line of south end zone and 4 rows back. At halftime they honored the Army All American HS players from the area. There were 3 of them -- Cwynar, Filer and Fleming. After they did the ceremony at the 50 yard line they had the 3 walk by the Bears bench than along the side as they returned to the opposite corner of the field. As they did the walk back they walked right in front of my section. So being that I had a ND windbreaker with me, I stood up when they got in front of me, yelled all 3 of their names and held my blue ND windbreaker up high with a big grin on my face. All 3 of them turned their head and saw me and the Notre Dame logo. They all grinned, stopped walking and pointed back up at me with ND enthusiasm. It was pretty frickin cool. they all seemed like it was pretty cool that they were recognized in front of the Bears crowd. Atleast I did not think that I looked like the loud mouth, jacka$$ that I thought I might. :D

As an observation, Cwynar is a BIG, solid kid. Filer looks like a MAJOR physical specimen. Fleming also was pretty impressivly put together but was somewhat dwarfed by the other 2. Fleming still looked quite imposing, the other 2 were just monsters. Filer is VERY tall.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Bears game today sitting in some bad a$$ seats. Behind the Bears bench, ten yard line of south end zone and 4 rows back. At halftime they honored the Army All American HS players from the area. There were 3 of them -- Cwynar, Filer and Fleming. After they did the ceremony at the 50 yard line they had the 3 walk by the Bears bench than along the side as they returned to the opposite corner of the field. As they did the walk back they walked right in front of my section. So being that I had a ND windbreaker with me, I stood up when they got in front of me, yelled all 3 of their names and held my blue ND windbreaker up high with a big grin on my face. All 3 of them turned their head and saw me and the Notre Dame logo. They all grinned, stopped walking and pointed back up at me with ND enthusiasm. It was pretty frickin cool. they all seemed like it was pretty cool that they were recognized in front of the Bears crowd. Atleast I did not think that I looked like the loud mouth, jacka$$ that I thought I might. :D

As an observation, Cwynar is a BIG, solid kid. Filer looks like a MAJOR physical specimen. Fleming also was pretty impressivly put together but was somewhat dwarfed by the other 2. Fleming still looked quite imposing, the other 2 were just monsters. Filer is VERY tall.

That's great Rock! Good job! I can't wait for these guys to get on campus. Seems weird that Filer is taller. Both Fleming and Filer are listed as 6'3" and Cwynar is 6'4". Also, right before Filer committed he was on campus walking around with Ianello I think, and he was much shorter than him. But, maybe Ianello is exceptionally tall.

Cwynar is one of those forgotten names. Committed so early, not a whole lot of hype around his name, Illinois football in general not getting as much pub, especially outside of Chicago... he could make solid contributions year 1. If this Ethan Johnson knee thing becomes an issue/reason for redshirt, all the better to have Cwynar. He got the ball rolling; very excited to have him.

So this week comes full circle. I'm at the ND game on Saturday and walking by the concession area and I run into Filer and Fleming. Spoke with them for a few minutes. Great kids, real excited about Notre Dame's future and just as big in person.

Rock, you're awesome.

Did Filer and Flemming say anything other than the normal...I'm looking forward to Notre Dame next year?

They said that Deion Walker and Cyrus Gray were both there and enjoying it but gave no direction on their recruiting.

Fleming and Filer were both great guys! After I came up to the two of them they both just hung out for a little bs'ing with me and my little guy with no hurry to leave. It was pretty cool how friendly and outgoing they were.

I brought up the Bears game story and they both go "that was you?" They both seem to get it. Physically, I could see both of them playing next year.

Great to hear

Thanks for sharing.

Guys, I was as devestated on losing yesterday as any of you were..I barely slept, was tossig and turning, but the thought of our class coming in, and our youngsters already here, gives me comfort...

I will try and not worry the rest of the year...every minute, every snap will give our young guys experience...and will help us return to glory soon.

If these young guys like filer and fleming can see the big picture, and have commited their futures to us...we have to believe.

I place my trust in Charlie and staff...we will be back, and I will just relax te rest of the season and not worry if we win or lose...we will only get better, and this season we will look back at on in 3 years and really be glad where we end up...it will be an amazing turnaround.

The only thing from a recruiting standppoint that worries me is Hunter...is he really looking? That would blow.... :(

Guest SirJohn

I believe Hunter is the one that said he is in IF ( I read this in several paces and dont know which is correct #1 Weis is still coach #2 there are no coaching changes) ???? We all know there will be coaches canned at the end of the season or year.

I dont think any defensive coaches will be canned.

Can't they wait and fire a coach **cough** Latina **cough** after national signing day? :?:

That seems kind of shaky to me. I think a player would feel betrayed if he was brought in by a coach and then right after signing day bam he's canned.

Guest mpstunner11

So I saw Filer and Cave at the Navy game after the alma mater at the end. Filer is definitely a big guy and he and Cave appeared pretty chummy.