QUESTION FOR THE DD BOARD

Guest SirJohn

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if any coach gets fired at the end of the year i think it would be john latina for obvious reasons. but before CW fires him he should take a good look into the mirror and ask himself if he's the reason for the failing OL. let up on the leash and give JL a chance to coach. if JL did get fired i'd love to see ND bring in andy heck.

I can see Charlie telling Latina what blocking schemes he wants but I would think the drills and fundamentals and teaching would be up to Latina which I think he is falling short. I find it very hard to believe that Charlie is hawking the o-line he has too much else on his plate. I guess my question is what do you mean about letting up on the leash when it comes to Latina....give me some specifics here

So really nothing substantiated then Russ, just your impression?? :?: I have to believe that JL does have "control" over the OL. After our abysmal start, CW started paying more attention to the OL during practice which would suggest to me that Latina is "coaching". So the lame duck coach, who has no control over his own responsibilities theory; I would tend to not believe. I would agree that he and maybe our "spethal-teamth" person (whomever that is), deserve to go directly to jail, without passing go, and without collecting 200 dollars. But, that's my opinion, and I bet on the Yankees!! So what do I know??? :D -Don

Guest SirJohn

Well we got problems. As you all know Charlie sent Minter up to the sky box midway last year. It was then I thought he is gone as a coach for ND. Vaas was a bit of a surprise to me but I see now it is better with these young pups although we are losing. Word on the street is Latina, Poliean and Ianello. Ianello the word is they just want him to recruit not coach, which is an impossability.

does ND have a WR coach? i have no idea if they do or who he is, or even if hes not doing a good job or what.. im just thinking it would be nice to bring in someone like Rocket Ismail to be part of ND football :D one of the biggest names in past ND football, atleast IMO. if not WR coach then atleast some position, maybe to help in recruiting. could be a plus to have the Rocket go to a recruits house and get him interested in ND football. recruit be like oh no :censored: its the Rocket :shock: :D

Ianello is WR coach and recruiting coordinator.

Conventional logic says Latina. I'd say give him another year. But this is the second year in a row that the OL has player poorly. Two years of Minter and I was convinced that he had to go. OL better dominate the next four games or Latina might be next.

Here is who I would replace Latina with...

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=31345&Q_SEASON=2007

Lord knows he'll probably be looking for a job at the end of the season. Before NU he was at my local university, Fresno State. As a program they consistently take kids that are under the national recruiting radar. Probably 2* or 3* at the most. Despite this they produce NFL talent, Logan Mankins of the Pats.

Guest heismancaliber
I am not sure if he should or will be fired jury still out in my mind but my chioce would be Schiano.

why would Schiano be fired? This reply makes no sense.

I think he means if Weis was to be fired he'd want Schiano to be the replacement

Word on the street is Latina, Poliean and Ianello. Ianello the word is they just want him to recruit not coach, which is an impossability.

Hey, wait a minute, I said that about Ianello a month ago and all you guys jumped my rack....how come your so nice to SJ ?? It must have been my delivery, I need to work on that. :shock: :shock:

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone needs to go, its Latina. I know he has a nice resume and his experience says he knows what he's doing , but it doesn't show. For some reason, these kids just aren't getting the message he's sending and they are playing like it. They play confused and passive and that mentality comes from the position coach, not the head coach. It is not CW's job to coach the offensive line, thats Latina's job and its not getting done.

Another guy I'm not too happy with is the WR coach, Ianello I think. I understand he's a great recruiter, but as a position coach, I don't get the same feeling. Our receivers, for the three years, just don't know how to get open. If you think about it, Shark and Sto weren't open that often, they just won the jump balls. There is a skill to getting open, its just not speed. Our receivers don't run good patterns, they don't seem to come back to the QB when he's in trouble, and they don't position there bodies well in efforts to get open and make the catch. They seem to have decent hands, but they have to learn how to get open for their QB, he's getting killed.

I think Ianello is a great coach and one of our best recruiters. Now I don't know why the receivers aren't getting open, but IMO, we need to keep Ianello.

I absolutely agree, we need to keep him in the program and I think that recruiting coordinator is a position he would excel at. He's definetly an asset and I don't want to see him leave the program.