good news for the 08 irish

Guest irishrick

Guest irishrick

Maurice Crum Sr. said Wednesday that his son, Notre Dame's senior middle linebacker, will return to Notre Dame for a fifth year.

Maurice Crum Jr., a defensive captain, and Notre Dame's other true seniors met with Irish coach Charlie Weis Sunday to discuss their futures.

On Monday, Weis said he received good news from the seniors with whom he discussed possible fifth years, but Weis did not disclose details.

Convincing Crum Jr. to return was arguably Weis' most important task for the stability of the defense next season.

i think this is the start of something good for the irish . what say you ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishrick

sj i think charlie would want him as he did talk to all the seniors alone , i think this is where he came up with the ADVNCE TRAINING mode, good idea. i think :)

Just flip on the UCLA game footage again if you need convincing about whether his return is a good thing.

ABSOLUTELY!!!! I really believe he has underperformed while at ND and could put together a season of games resembling UCLA this year and he's looking at a high draft pick after a very productive 5th year.

Good for him!

Great news. Some may think he is underperforming or might lack the talent that others on the field have. But you can't question his fire, drive, and effort that he gives. That kind of leadership is what this team needs. Someone who can lead by example and gives his all for school, team, and himself.

hmmmmm gotta mull this Rick. We need a rock but so far the seniors have shown little leadership. If... Weis want's him OK. :D

SJ Look at what happen to Laws when he came back for a 5th year. He is having one Hell of a year and leads the nation in tackles for DEf Lineman. Cw told Laws that he would have great year if he came back. Having Mo come back for a 5th year is something I was hopeing for and believe it is a good thing for the Def. If any of the Seniors were showing anykind of leader ship on the field and at pratice I would have to say MO has. :lol:

I'm all about the future, but look how the new kids on the block are handling the reigns of the program right now. Yes, yes, I know, there are lots of reasons so I'll truncate my point before it becomes the never ending downward spiral of "why did it all go so wrong", but point if we do have older guys that DO produce, gotta keep 'em, and Crum Jr. has produced.

It would be nice to get 5th years out of the rocket, Bus, watters, Montana, Tony Rice etc. But it's time for a new generation to make their mark.

look at what's behind mo crum and toryan smith. not really anyone with a lot of experience or overwhelming talent. yes we have mcdonald coming in, but do you really want a true frosh playing the majority of your snaps at MLB when he still has a lot to learn. MLB isnt like OLB where they say rush the passer. More coverages, and audibles and stuff like that. IMO, it's easier to get on the field as an OLB rather than a MLB.

Guest IrishGlory

Mo Crum coming back is tremendous news for 08... and beyond. Mo is a solid player, but he is a leader and a guy others on the team look up to quite a bit. With all the young pup LBs coming in next year, they will really benefit by watching the way Mo Crum goes about his business.

Mo Crum coming back is tremendous news for 08... and beyond. Mo is a solid player, but he is a leader and a guy others on the team look up to quite a bit. With all the young pup LBs coming in next year, they will really benefit by watching the way Mo Crum goes about his business.

That's where I would hope to see Mo make the biggest impact next year.

His play this year has been great at times, but I have seen him get beat a number of times as well.

What I look for from Mo as a fifth year senior is the role he will play for a very deep and very young LB corp.

Let these kids know what it takes to play the position.

From preperation to onfield, show 'em how to do it Mo.

Guest Irishrider

What about Anthony Vergnalia? Think he returns? Not that I am overly impressed with his play but without much depth at MLB, he could be someone who starts the first half of the season until other guys develop.

Also, expect paskorz to come in next year and contribute. He might not have played this year but with some development and added weight he could be a beast at MLB.