slaughter

irishndfan2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Irishrider

No more secondary problems for the future... With these last two classes and Slaughter, Blanton, and McCarthy on board we should have some great secondaries in the future.

I am also excited to see Zibby go and give Sergio Brown at shot at Safety. Last year some of the players said that he is the most athletic player on the team.

I think Lewis and Weis and now Brown have shown that they can recruit elite Ss and CBs.

Sir John, Maybe I need to see a shrink but I think a lot of the hate is idiotic but mostly funny. OSU fans seem to have a real complex about ND. They dont even play us and are ranked #1 for now. They spend so much time moaning about ND. They need to get over it. A lot of others as well. Its really entertaining. Even the fat Charlie jokes dont bother me. I bet they dont bother Charlie either. He's a pretty tough guy. Do people think Charlie doesnt know he's fat. Personally I think Charlie is pretty cool and I would love to have a convesation with him about anything. I bet it would be hilarious.

I would definitely throw a few beers with Charlie. :drunk:

That is if he even drinks.

It is incredible the amount of hate that people spew upon Charlie.

I mean the fat jokes are getting really old and they are just plain mean.

I don't know if any of you ever go to Topix and check out the NCAA Football postings, but the hatred for him is incredible!

It amazes me that people can be so heartless when it's really Notre Dame that they hate, not the coach.

Poor fools.

I hope Charlie makes them all pay. :twisted:

IrishChris, Charlie will have the last laugh. (and so will we) Charlie even jokes himself about being fat. When asked what position he played in highschool he said "I was a fat center" then he laughed. Im just amazed at how some other schools fans are fixated on ND. How strange is it when their schools are ranked in the top ten and they still are crying about ND. Their boards are full of whining about ND. Personally I love it.

It is insane how much these other fans have to say about the program, but mostly about Charlie.

All very personal attacks too, like he beat up their little sister or something.

How does a 1-7 team get so much run?

It's bizarre.

That's why this is ND and most people couldn't care less about what's happening at Ohio State.

Guest SirJohn

You guys have said it all it is bazaar. Kentucky won that big game and it was a one night news story. I was just googling ND news and another Charlie is a fraud thing. I live in KY and can't even tell you the name of their coach. :roll:

Deep down people are scared of ND and what Charlie brings to the table because they know he will bring us back. People really don't want ND to be strong again but they see in recruiting the tip of the iceberg for what is coming. The hope is to discredit him and get someone like TY back. There would not be the type of uproar now from the ND haters if TY was still here because people were not afraid of Ty - he wasn't going to bring us back. He was only going to make us like Stanford, and that is what they wanted.

We should not have had as bad a year as we have had, but I think CW has learned a great deal on how to coach college this year more than the other two years. We will be much better next year for it. The only remaining question to answer is whether Coach is going to keep Latina. I guess it depends on whether he believes the main problem was their lack of full speed practice during the weeks up to Michigan and whether that was his decision or not.

I agree with you mwinely...

I'd like to know whether Latina has shown us his best or has been limited.

By what Charlie says, I think he'd acknowledge he's made mis-steps, and if he truly believes that, then I think Latina will get another year, given his track record. If, however, Charlie has lost Latina's confidence and/or vice-versa... then Latina is more than able to move on and find another position. Wasn't he shortlisted for some head coaching jobs last year (albeit Temple).. but still... Latina is a known, established quantity.

Of all the coaches to go... I think it has to be Polian. He was specifically brought in for special teams, and he didn't cut it... and he's basically lost that role with the Special Teams to a coaching committee... another disaster decision.

I think the receivers, in general, are underperforming... as much as I love Ianello as a recruiter / co-ordinator... I think Corwin has inherited this role as chief closer... I guess.. really... I'd like to see Tim Brown come in as a receivers coach, and to help with special teams, and to provide more leadership / stature to the coaching staff.

Another question is.. I believe Weis has relinquished D to Corwin... Will he ever do the same for the O? Will he be a head coach... or head coach and O-coordinator? And if the latter, what kind of assistants will he need to have under him? Are Haywood, Latina, Ianello and Powlus content to serve the roles assigned?

Former stars are not the answer as far as coaches go. They aren't announcers either and it's time for the networks to grow some kahunas and start putting regular guys back as announcers or at least attorneys! C'mon! Cosell was funny! Hire coaches to coach and ex-players to meet and greet.

Former stars are not the answer as far as coaches go. They aren't announcers either and it's time for the networks to grow some kahunas and start putting regular guys back as announcers or at least attorneys! C'mon! Cosell was funny! Hire coaches to coach and ex-players to meet and greet.

I totally agree with this Chiro. I have been seeing people call for Andy Heck and Aaron Taylor for Oline coach. That never made sense to me. Just because they were great here doesn't mean they are coaches...especially not first time coaches. Powlus has been an expiriment and I'm not convinced it's working out to be honest. According to the former player logic, I suppose Allen Pinkett should coach the RBs, Montana should take over for Powlus, Zorich in charge of the DL, Rocket for Special Teams and Carney is the kicking coach.

IF, and I stress IF, we do get rid of Latina, we need to look for someone that has quality experience teaching technique to young developing players. Someone that is anal about details.

But what do I know?