DD Californians in harms way?

Guest SirJohn

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Thanks Franco and 81, glad your safe. I hope the other Cali guys chime in to let us know. Kentucky despite summer draught has had 3 days of heavy rains, two more expected and I wish we could send this to California. Keep safe.

No trouble here either SJ.

I live in Pasadena which sits right at the foothills of the San Gabriel mountains.

All the fires are either to the North, East, or West. Oh yaa, South too.

My Aunt lives in Big Bear, but the fire is still pretty far from her.

My buddies family has a cabin in Lake Arrowhead, but I understand that the fire is on the north side, and they are on the south.

My friend in San Diego (Encinitas) has fire over the hills from him and he's been off of work for two days because of smoke problems.

My wife's family has a cabin in Crestline which is under mandatory evac. right now. Personally, I'd let it burn and take the insurance. It's not that nice.

The sky was orange all afternoon because of the smoke. It looked like life on Mars here yesterday.

It kinda reminded me of 1993 when the hills right above us burned.

There's just too much dry fuel up here.

I am okay. And I spoke last night with Fighton2007, he is also okay. I am just over the hill from the Agua Dulce fires, but safe enough.

OC Domer, Irish Chris, ND81 and Franco...didn't mean to exclude you all from the thread in General, simply forgot. Glad your all okay just the same.

Guest SirJohn

Thanks for the updates,

Dreamer put one in OPEN here. I talked to OC Domer he evacuated, but wind shifted his home and family fine and they are back home. Orange County Cali.

Guest SirJohn

Dreamer have you asked if he talked to the new owners why he can't get in as Champion10?? He's still listed as a Mod I only saw a brief matt post which i relayed to the owners.

Guest SirJohn

I wish we could send all Kentucky's rains your way. I talk to dreamer often. Scocoutty I did not know you had a pregnat wife there. First? That's scary :D Take care all and report back. The TV news sucks ususally.

Lot's of ash on the old automobile this morning.

More fires have broken out too.

Christ, all we need now is a giant earthquake!

Earthquakes, fire and brimstone, and the Irish at 1-7!!

IS THIS THE END OF THE WORLD??!!

It can't be because J. Gray and Mikey Floyd just committed!! LOL!!!

Go Irish!