Steve Filer

GermanyDomer

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shamrock83

They probably dropped him down to 4 when they heard we might pick up Floyd.... USC might have no chance at landing the most 5 stars if we picked up five of them. :roll:

Filer has never been a 5 star on Rivals.

He was pretty close in the rankings that came out at the beginning of the year. He was in the lower 30's if i remember correctly. He has fallen a little bit since then, but not exactly sure why. Probably b/c he committed to ND.

He was pretty close in the rankings that came out at the beginning of the year. He was in the lower 30's if i remember correctly. He has fallen a little bit since then, but not exactly sure why. Probably b/c he committed to ND.

He actually got off to a fairly slow start this year. I'm in Chicagoland, and his name would rarely be mentioned in the Tribune's recaps of the Mt. Carmel gamed. Didn't help that one of the games that got some national attention, St. Rita vs. Mt. Carmel, didn't see him show up a whole lot. Fleming's name has made bigger waves thus far this year.

It sounds like he's turned things around though. Had a bit INT return for TD 2-3 weeks ago. He's still very good, but I just don't think he's a 5 star guy.

He actually got off to a fairly slow start this year. I'm in Chicagoland, and his name would rarely be mentioned in the Tribune's recaps of the Mt. Carmel gamed. Didn't help that one of the games that got some national attention, St. Rita vs. Mt. Carmel, didn't see him show up a whole lot. Fleming's name has made bigger waves thus far this year.

It sounds like he's turned things around though. Had a bit INT return for TD 2-3 weeks ago. He's still very good, but I just don't think he's a 5 star guy.

didnt show up? i thought he ran back an INT?

didnt show up? i thought he ran back an INT?

Ummm... I mentioned that... confused by what you're getting at.

No. 24 St. Rita handled by rival Mount Carmel

The host Mount Carmel Caravan blitzed the St. Rita Mustangs, ranked 24th in the USA TODAY Super 25, for a 35-19 victory in a showdown between two of the top teams in Illinois.

Running back Edwin Williams, who came into the game with one TD on the season, shredded the Mustangs' defense. The senior scored three on the night, including a 46-yard scamper in the second quarter, to help Mount Carmel move to 4-0.

St. Rita (3-1) actually came out of the gate fast against its Chicago Catholic League rival, scoring on its first drive on the strength of a 6-yard TD run by QB Jason Kafka, a score that was set up by a 40-yard reverse play earlier in the drive. It would be the first and only lead the Mustangs would hold the rest of the way.

The St. Rita defense, led by highly-touted defensive lineman Darius Fleming, shut down the Caravan early. The Notre Dame commitment helped St. Rita force punts on each of Mount Carmel's first three possessions, but a muffed catch on the third led to Jackson's first touchdown and a 7-6 advantage. Just as important as the score itself was a converted 4th-and-6 for the Caravan that put it inside the 10.

Jackson scored again on the next drive, and Mount Carmel seemed to have grabbed the momentum to stay. But with time winding down in the half, it tried to get fancy instead of simply running out the clock, running an option pass with just seconds remaining. Running back Tim Brown's errant throw was picked off by Daniel Dispensa, who took it 65 yards to the house to cut the Caravan lead to 14-12 at halftime.

What could have been a potential game-changing play proved to be insignificant, though, thanks to Williams and the Mount Carmel defense. The Caravan allowed just seven points in the second half and scored seven of its own, courtesy of an interception return for a score from Notre Dame-bound Steve Filer.

St. Rita had outscored its opponents 114-21 on the season, but Mount Carmel stole the spotlight, earning its fair share of Chicago bragging rights.

I still cant believe we have both Filer and Fleming. Throw them in with Smith, Neal, McDonald, Paskorz, Posluszny, Nagel (did I forget anybody) and it seems like we have linebackers coming out of the woodwork. We are in pretty good shape.
The other Smith, Mo Richardson, John Ryan.

Calves, yea you had a great post except saying he didnt show up against St. Rita's lol.

We have some great young LBs coming in that can rush the passer. Lets hope they can cover the pass as well. B/c TEs have been killing us this year.

With the depth we have, not sure we need Compton, but he would be a nice pickup. This is the kind of depth you need in a 3-4 defense.

Calves, yea you had a great post except saying he didnt show up against St. Rita's lol.

We have some great young LBs coming in that can rush the passer. Lets hope they can cover the pass as well. B/c TEs have been killing us this year.

With the depth we have, not sure we need Compton, but he would be a nice pickup. This is the kind of depth you need in a 3-4 defense.

Great point on Compton. A real nice kid, but with 3 guys who project as ILB's already, not sure we'd need a 4th. Compton simply isn't an OLB prospect, so it might be overkill.

A real nice kid, but with 3 guys who project as ILB's already, not sure we'd need a 4th. Compton simply isn't an OLB prospect, so it might be overkill.

ND has two ILB commits this year to go along with nagel and steve p. from last year.

I know its a subject of debate, but there's even a chance that there could be 3 in this class: McDonald and Posluszny for sure, and perhaps Filer as the 3rd.

A real nice kid, but with 3 guys who project as ILB's already, not sure we'd need a 4th. Compton simply isn't an OLB prospect, so it might be overkill.

ND has two ILB commits this year to go along with nagel and steve p. from last year.

I know its a subject of debate, but there's even a chance that there could be 3 in this class: McDonald and Posluszny for sure, and perhaps Filer as the 3rd.

Steve's been quoted saying he is being recruited as a Jack linebacker