Awesome Charlie quote

Guest Shamrock83

Guest Shamrock83

during post game comments.. Charlie was asked if he ever saw this coming (exactly how bad ND is) and if he thought it would continue

Charlie said "I'm going to answer this very cautiously so people don't think I'm being sarcastic or using any New Jersey rhetoric"

he then paused and said

"People better enjoy it now"

Charlie knows who we have as freshman and sophomores and he knows who we will be bringing in for the future. I'm ready for him to shove all this hate down everyones throats in the next few seasons. Go Irish Go Charlie!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his enthusiasm but I'm more of a literal guy. "Little less talk a lot more action." Until he shows that he can develop and coach these players people are going to continue to talk about the decline of ND. I can't wait for the day that ND drops a 30+ win margin on Pete Carroll's a$$. Continue to act like complete jacka$$e$ on the field. They won't be laughing when Rudolph, Floyd, Kamara, Ragone, Allen and company run all over them.

Guest irishrick

come on now charlie is just a new jersey fella, he is doing ok , time will prove that out. the good times are coming yes sir, thre good times are coming , hang on for a short while. go irish . :D :D :clap:

Guest AtlantaIrish

The talk is great and all and I'm sure it helps Charlie in recruiting but we need to see some improvement on the field. I would have no problem losing if they were close games but we are getting blown out consistently and we are getting better. It's cause for concern because either we are not teaching the kids the right way to play or we just have bad players.

I know we don't have bad players so it must be the coaching. They are not prepared to beat anybody right now eight weeks into the season. This is ridiculous.

So enough with the Jersey attitude talk and more action on the field. If your going to talk the talk you better walk the walk.

Guest Shamrock83

Earlier in the interview he was taking all the blame and owning up to how terrible we are.

He was not talking trash or getting an attitude... perhaps I should have explained better... the video clip is on Rivals for those of you who have a subscription

Watch and see for yourselves.

I think we understood the context in which it was said. But we still don't buy it and have a hard time believing it. By telling others to "laugh it up now" essentially he is saying that in the future those "others" will be getting their a$$ handed to em. Thing is what does he see on the field that leads him to believe this. This team has gotten worse as the season progressed. Has is that even possible? Navy, Air Force, Duke, and Stanford looked like vitural locks at the beginning of the season. Can anyone say ND will win those games going away. Not the way this O is operating.

Don't tell us CW. Show us. Show me why I should have confidence in next year's OL. Show me why Allen is going to be such a threat.

Guest Shamrock83

You say "don't tell us CW"

You do know he is required to do these pressers right?

Charlie is not goin around talking trash, he was merely making an attempt to defend the honor of both himself and his players by not saying "Yeah you know what we will be pretty bad for a while" How would that effect team morale (if there is any left at this point). I'm sure he is pissed as well with how things are going and he was asked a very stupid question in my opinion. How else are you supposed to respond to that? I'm glad he showed a little attitude instead of answering like a big sad softy.

i am tried of hearing about new jersey retritic, im tired of hearing about stupid ass bon jovi. i am tried of hearing about how we are going to have a nasty football team. i am tried of the talk. show me something that closely resembles a f*cking football team. I am tired of hearing weis blame himself week in and week out and not do anything different to fix the problems. I am sure he has the college football world quaking in their nikes with a comment like that. I am tired of the bullshit talk. Shut the F*ck up and do something.that being said i still love nd and will continue to watch the three and half hour train wreck every saturday.

Guest Shamrock83

Well if I could delete this thread I would... mods?

Obviously nobody wants to hear any optimism or confidence/swagger come out of our coach.... I'm sure if he had the option he would choose to say nothing week in and week out.... the guy has to say something... get the **** off his balls and stop whining about how bad we are.

We all know we are bad.

Guest Shamrock83

Well I thought maybe some of us here would like to hear a little confidence come out of our coach....

We don't need another thread full of complaining and whining about how we suck... there are enough of those floating around

I really don't care if anyone else wants this to stay then let it go.

Obviously nobody wants to hear any optimism or confidence/swagger come out of our coach.... I'm sure if he had the option he would choose to say nothing week in and week out.... the guy has to say something... get the **** off his balls and stop whining about how bad we are.

We all know we are bad.

agreed. we wouldnt have any of the verbals we have or the dynamic frosh if it wasnt for charlie.

He is a cocky guy.

But im not going to blame him for a OL that cant block.

He showed he can make a difference in his first year, and as long as he fixes the blocking problem this team will be fine.

And it looks like he did a pretty good job of fixing the defensive problems, so I think he can get the OL fixed too.

We all know we are bad.

Good points Shamrock, I think that people just are frustrated with the lack of progress on the offensive side of the ball and don't know how to handle the collapse of what use to be the strength of our program.

I know CW has to find something to say in all his interviews and press conferences, I couldn't imagine what I would be saying right now, but it wouldn't be fit for film or print. I think that people are just getting a little tired of the "buzz words" that CW likes to use, kind of like the "buzz word bingo" commercial, without see any changes. It would almost be better right now if CW give the "Belicheck" type of interview where he just answered thw questions in as few words as possible and then go kick all the OL in the a :censored: .

Guest bfabes05

anybody who wants to get off the charlie bandwagon then do it, im not losing confidence in him yet, even though the team is that pathetic, floyd commited so he is bringing the guys in obviously, im not jumping off and i have confidence in him still, my opinion, you guys can jump off if you want

I saw the presser on the ND site and enjoyed the statement by CW. Those of you who didn't watch it should before making comments about CW having too much bravado, etc..

CW realizes we are bad this year, but if you watch what CW is doing he isn't stupid. He is trying to get his guys experience when the game was lost. The playbook he had planned was for a close game, which it was until the stupid punt and they get the ball on the ten and score. The floodgates opened up then. We can't beat USC in a score fest, throwing the ball 50+ times. We have a very narrow window to succeed due to the inexperience, lack of depth etc. With the talent coming in this team will get better, but this year is lost, so accept it and move on...again the haters better enjoy it while they can, and all the bandwagon jumpers - go ahead and jump, CW isn't going anywhere.