what went right against USC?

SpecialFNK

i was thinking about asking what went wrong to get blown out/shut out against USC ..but a better question is what went right? what posatives can ND take out of this game?

Geoff Price was good. player of the game. good for you Geoff :clap: 10 punts for 43.4 average. not sure that number is good/bad for the number of punts in a game, but if your punter is punting 10 times not much is going right on offense.

David Bruton blocked punt, that was good. good for you David :clap:

anything else good from this game?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruton should of actually blocked it, he caught it. If he blocked it maybe we would of bounced on it in the endzone or got it on the one. Well if we got it on the one it wouldnt of matter anyway because sharpley would of done play action fake and get sacked for 10 yards....

S.O.S. -Save Our Ship, please.......somebody hear my cries????? I can't even type anymore, my fingers are hoarse!!! Maybe we should hire my coach @ Toledo, Tom Amstutz??? I can't go on.............must drink more.................................not enough, I still remember!!!!! Sincerely hopeless and winless and fightless, humble Don

Guest Mikey G

Pat Kuntz added a couple more batted balls to his stats. I think Laws had another good day, but then again, I changed channels when it was 24-0 early in the third quarter. Maybe just a good half?

they showed Weis talking on ESPNEWS. he was talking about Clausen watching the game from the sideline and how the game seemed to slow down alot more for Clausen than when he was in the game. maybe thats something that can be good for the future, and the game on the field can slow down more for Clausen and he can see/recognize the defence better going forward.

Guest irishrick

i think the telling point on the game was we forced them to pun and the ball hit an irish player, up til then we were playing good defense, the defense is just worn out. what say you ? :(

We had a great tailgate. It was an Oktoberfest theme so we had German brats with sauteed onions and peppers. We also had Heineken, Spaten, and St. Pauli Girl courtesy of Stank! That's about the only good thing that happened yesterday. Oh, btw, for all of you South Bend haters, it was was 70 degrees without a cloud in the sky and no drunk students got shot in the hood. J/k :lol:

I don't recall any football actually being played yesterday. I know the tv cameras were there and such, and I have a faint memory of every players pants being the same color, but other than that....

Everyone always talks about Charlie's playcalling. But I remember some questionable calls last year that went to absolute perfection and he was hailed as a ballsy genius. (ie. GT game, passing on 3rd down in the final minutes, then going for a quarterback sneak on 4 and 2 in their own territory).

What it comes down to is execution from his players. Charlie can call all the right plays; heck, he can even have a last second poll from voters from all across the nation to pick the plays of the game, and if the players can't execute, no amount of play calling can move the ball down the field. What you can blame Weis for is lack of preparing his players for the real game.

It's not Charlie's playcalling, it's the lack of proper execution by the players. These players just don't know the ins and outs of the college football level yet.

Seriously, I think the problem here is leadership, no one wants to try to lead a younger kid who leap frogs you on the depth chart their first year.

In reguards to my earlier post (which I won't copy ever), I'm sorry!! Completely out of my mind when I wrote it and I'm completely embarrassed for such a stupid response to a bad loss. I usually don't "jump" like that and I still have faith in our program and in our head coach. That being said after a huge pick-up of Mike Floyd, so I know some might question my apology to this board. But I would have done the same without Floyd although he is a timely reminder of why this is different than the previous regime. Hope versus no hope. Again, I love ND and wish CW the best of luck in figuring out this situation in which not just anyone could survive!! -Don

Guest irishrick

iam surprised at all the negative talk about the irish and coach weis and his play calling , , Charlie will get it done, yes we don't have much fire and determination from the senior leadership, i think Sullivan and zibby should get with the program , like laws , put some damn fear into these guys , the coach doesn't throw the ball or do the blocking so lets get the leadership going , we will have a rough time with navy unless someone steps up to the plate. :)