Who Quits The Team Next?

OD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest irishrick

i think that no one will quit this team . this is notre dame , :) :) hang on or get off the wagon my friend, we will return. to glory years. go irish

ive wondered about Clausen after Crist comes in. if Crist is really good right from spring practice would he get the starters spot? and if so how would that effect Clausen?

a smuch hype there is in Crist last year at this time the same talk was being said about Clausen. he was one of the top high school recruits being brought into ND and being expected to become a star, and now hes being thrown aside for the next highly touted QB recruit?

i never saw any tape/film/whatever of Clausen from high school so i dont know what he was like then, but he hasnt been that good this season. now that could be because of his shoulder, and maybe/maybe it wont ever be the same, i duno.

would any of the seniors from this season really just quit? i cant see them just quiting, especially if they dont have much of a chance at advancing to the next level and this is their final season of football.. and if any of them do have a chance at the next level it wouldnt look good for them to quit in their senior season.

Guest Mikey G

I am surprised none of the junior linebackers have quit yet. Kevin Washington, Steve Quinn, and Scott Smith were supposed to come in and help out in the LB position, but they are getting jumped by the likes Morrice Richardson, John Ryan, Kerry Neal, Toryan Smith, and Brian Smith. There are also the likes of Aaron Nagel and Steve Paskorz, as well as Steve Filer, Darius Flemming, and David Posluzny coming in next year. I don't see them having a chance to get some serious playing time unless there are massive injuries in the LB corps, or they suddenly become very, very good.

Guest rocketsan22
I am surprised none of the junior linebackers have quit yet. Kevin Washington, Steve Quinn, and Scott Smith were supposed to come in and help out in the LB position

The juniors remind me of Carlos-Pierre Antoine...Bill Mitoulas...guys that were "supposed" to come in and make a difference, but they never transpired...

wow, i just got back from south bend and i must say i'm truly done. this team and the coaching is a complete embarassment. i left the stadium at the beginning of the third period and never even thought of returning. what the hell is going on??? charlie truly looked clueless. i was sitting right behind him, i mean 10 feet on the 50 and he looked like a deer with the headlights in is eyes. it was actually pathetic. i'v e never been one to jump on charlies , but he was aweful. i don't see us beating navy or anyone else at this point. good luck with the recruiting, cause we looked like . i sat with a bunch of alumni and they just sat there with their heads in their hands. i'm talking lujack and bounicanti. it was really sad. take care everybody cause i need a break................

I'M IN!

We'll have to see what happens next year... but this year is beyond disappointing... it is embarassing.

By Game 8... we should not be shut out.

I think what this season has exposed is that Charlie has not been preparing the team like a college team. College is not Pro.... preparations are different.

College requires more teaching, more hitting, more fundamentals... and thrives on EMOTION, PASSION.

I hope Charlie gets it... because he's probably squandered at least a year of development for the Sophmore class on fundamentals and hitting.

The OL is the hinge to his future success. He needs a fundamentally sound, cohesive O-Line that plays beyond the whistle. He doesn't have that now. THe fundamentals aren't there, and forget cohesion.

Latina & he need to find the right UNIT... with the right chemistry... individual talent be damned right now. If that means Juniors & Seniors need to sit... so be it.

If we have no improvement / wins on these last four games, then I seriously question whether Charlie will be able to turn it around for next year.... talent and effort (despite poor / weak fundamentals) should beat these next teams... though Navy makes me nervous.

Go Irish!

When I see some animated play for even 30 minutes...

Go Fighting Irish!

The thing that bothers me the most is where's the leadership. I mean at other schools you would hear of a seniors only meeting or a players only meeting. It never happened here. It's like the seniors just care about the next level. 99% don't belong out there. CW learned another lesson this year. He got away with it the first 2 years, this isn't the pros, this is college. In college regardless if you play sports or not, is a learning insitute. This is where you learn your trade so when you go into the real world you won't be left in the cold.

In all seriousness...

Jimmy Clausen does when Crist comes in and shows these people how to play quarterback...

This is the most ridiculous statement I've read on this board. Claussen right now is a better QB than Crist will be when he gets there. Look at the history and comments made by the QB coach that coached them both. There is no comparison. I get tired of hearing people on this board talking about recruits as if they are GOD. I love Crist. I think he will be great, but right now, there is no comparison. Let's get a grip people.

IMO, Weis bought another two years minumum with the program after two BCS bowls the first two years. White will give him enough time to get his own guys as upperclassman, Corwin his own guys. But that should be it if this crap continues.

Plus he's got a huge freaking buy out.

Players I wouldn't mind seeing leave right now, so I don't have to watch their pathetic attempt to play football anymore:

#1 Ambrose Wooden- this kid is not a football player, period. Is this kid allergic to the opposing team's receivers or what? All freaking year, needs to go join the women's knitting team or something.

#2,3,4 John Sullivan, Mike Turkovich, and Paul Duncan- doesn't really need an explanation. Sullivan can't snap the ball two yards in shotgun formation without getting the yips, are you kidding me? Duncan is a soft pretty boy and Turkovich has the toughness but is unathletic as heck, it's painful watching him try to pull.

Wow, I can't believe people are jumping ship so fast on Charlie. I can understand not watching games this year, because hell I turned it off at the half; but don't abandon Charlie. Shit. Crappy upperclassmen and young guys who are the core of the team... What the F do you expect?? Yeah it sucks we got shut out. I was disappointed, but shit...the young guys are going to be off and on. Goodbye latina... Hell, the cupboard is bare right now. I hope you are consistent and call for Charlie's head, even when we win, or are you going to jump back on his bandwagon? Cut it out! You sound like USC fans.

Hey jfscjellcrna - before you take a break, one question for you: what did you see from the players? I ask this because as bad as this loss was (my comments in another thread), one thing I did notice is that guys were disappointed and ticked on the sidelines, but did not look despondent which you normally see when you lose a team.

Schell, I bet to a certain degree, CW is clueless. Can you imagine trying to call offensive plays for the offense to be successful with. I would guess that on 3rd-and-1 most coaches in this country have 100 plays that can gain a yard, us 0. Our OL is so bad, that you just can't call a simple dive and move on with the drive. Our OL is the root of all of our offensive problems, and CW doesn't coach OL. I would guess that we are going to see a change at that coaching position, at least, and then we'll see if we are really good or not.

to answer your questions now that i have a clearer perspective, the team just looked absolutely flat on the sidelines. and yes, the o-line is absolutely horrendous. i was about 10 yards from weis and he truly had no interraction with the guys on the side. latina was running around like a raving lunatic and weis rarely interacted with him. i would say that spoke volumes. the team just looked distracted and generally uninterested. the old players who i sit with were just beside themselves. it has truly one of the most disturbing spectacles i've been privy to as a longtime ND fan. i really hope that weis can reinstill spirit into these guys. you know it only takes one or two of these guys to bring down the morale of a team. it's like cancer. i saw T.O. do it in philly. i think my oldest boy put it best when he looked over at me and said, "dad, this team is just broken, it needs to be fixed"................

Guest rocketsan22
to answer your questions now that i have a clearer perspective, the team just looked absolutely flat on the sidelines. and yes, the o-line is absolutely horrendous. i was about 10 yards from weis and he truly had no interraction with the guys on the side. latina was running around like a raving lunatic and weis rarely interacted with him. i would say that spoke volumes. the team just looked distracted and generally uninterested. the old players who i sit with were just beside themselves. it has truly one of the most disturbing spectacles i've been privy to as a longtime ND fan. i really hope that weis can reinstill spirit into these guys. you know it only takes one or two of these guys to bring down the morale of a team. it's like cancer. i saw T.O. do it in philly. i think my oldest boy put it best when he looked over at me and said, "dad, this team is just broken, it needs to be fixed"................

thought you were "done"?