FIRE THE NBC ANNOUNCERS!!!

NDJoe06

these guys never mentioned our top recruiting class or anything...all they kept saying was how great usc is and always has been. I would have liked to hear maybe a little bit about the bush investigation...hayden repeated it was our worst loss to usc ever, the first time we've been shut out this many times in a season, & the first shutout to usc since 1933....ok hack we get it...why don't u remove the poodle's sack from ur mouth & learn the names of the nd players...i know its tough when the names aren't on their backs...but come on u moron...i hope they get fired, their wives leave them, & they go to jail & become tyrelle's girl friend

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mikey G

Yeah, let's fire the NBC announcers because we are frustrated fans

They are anti-ND because they are telling the truth about, I mean, "ripping" on ND.

When people talk the truth about how bad ND is, it is a bad report or article. When people talk up about ND, that is a good article and deserves praise.

Give me a break guys. This isn't ND's year. Media loves to kick ND when they are down. Hell, they'll kick ND when they are up. But these pathetic cries are more frustrating than ND losing.

Guest rocketsan22
Also, they make the games very boring to watch they never seem to get excited about much of anything.

Well, when you are 1-7...there's very little to get excited about, right? :roll:

arnt the NBC announcers suposed to be for Notre Dame?

ND has a contract with NBC, NBC is the channel they are broadcast on.. the announcers should be pro Notre Dame!

your home announcers shouldnt be ripping their own home team.

if the NBC announcers dont want to be propping/praising/whatever Notre Dame, then they should be fired.. regardless of how good they are at announcing.

HE DOESN'T KNOW THE PLAYERS' NAMES! I'm sorry Mikey G, I forgot that some people didn't know anything about great sports casting...my apologies. This isn't journalism, this isn't suposed to be unbiased, this isn't espn...this is ND's home broadcast. I encourage all of you who want to jump pat hayden's bones to go back & listen to great sportscasting...most importantly the tough losses of a home team. the broadcasters channel the frustration, joy, anxiety, & sadness of the fans tuning in every week. it is also their job to pull the fans away from the cliff when the game is dreary enough. oh & i've said this before about those clowns...so maybe u should read up on what people have been posting about for a long time before u try to be a schmuck

im not saying the announcers should ignore the bad playing but they shouldnt be just commenting on the bad playing and praising the opposing team.. even if its true.

i keep thinking of baseball announcers. a bad team like the Kansas City Royals have their own announcers for baseball games. if they are playing a team like the New York Yankees i wouldnt expect the announcers to be saying KC is so bad and NY is so good.. they wouldnt last long at their job.

the NBC announcers should be broadcasting the game as if they are in favour of ND, and wanting ND to win the game.

i could see broadcasters being unbias if they were 3rd party not connected to either of the teams, but not when they are broadcasting for the network of one of the teams.

that is all i'm asking for...& that is a great point about the royals, I am from kc and the announcers focus on any positives they can. sure they mention the horrible stats, but they don't harp on them...nd is doing nbc a favor & the announcers should provide the service expected by the fans. we buy the tickets, we pay tuition, we put up w/ crap yr in & yr out for being irish fans (good & bad yrs alike), we pay out the nose for anything ND....all we expect is to tune in for home games & feel like we are back @ ND watching the game w/ other ND fans.

the NBC announcers should be broadcasting the game as if they are in favour of ND, and wanting ND to win the game.

i could see broadcasters being unbias if they were 3rd party not connected to either of the teams, but not when they are broadcasting for the network of one of the teams.

The reason ND is on national TV every week is because it draws two audiences: ND fans (a huge market) and people who hate ND (an equally huge market). You can't ask NBC to put Don Criqui and Allen Pinkett on the air to broadcast the game. I have always thought Hayden calls a fair game and today was no exception. Calling the punter the player of the game was a little extreme but if we're crying about that we are focussing on the wrong thing.

Guest Mikey G
HE DOESN'T KNOW THE PLAYERS' NAMES! I'm sorry Mikey G, I forgot that some people didn't know anything about great sports casting...my apologies. This isn't journalism, this isn't suposed to be unbiased, this isn't espn...this is ND's home broadcast. I encourage all of you who want to jump pat hayden's bones to go back & listen to great sportscasting...most importantly the tough losses of a home team. the broadcasters channel the frustration, joy, anxiety, & sadness of the fans tuning in every week. it is also their job to pull the fans away from the cliff when the game is dreary enough. oh & i've said this before about those clowns...so maybe u should read up on what people have been posting about for a long time before u try to be a schmuck

You've said this before, eh? Then why feel the need to bring it up again?

Don't mean to sound like a schmuck, but tired of hearing the whining from fans. Especially when it is not about the team. Not about the play calling. Not about the refs. It is about the flippin' announcers! The team lost in a blowout, and one of the first topic threads I see upon signing on to the Domain is whining about the announcers. I just felt a little sick to my stomach, and had to get my sarcasm out.

Oh ya don't like hearing whining fans...oh well einstein what did u expect to see on domerdomain after a blowout. man how about you claim you hate sand & vacation in suadi arabis. you know maybe u should hang yourself early in life if you are retarded enough to look for trouble the way you do. Guess what corkey, I wrote this post because this was the latest of a series of screw ups by those hacks. By your logic why bring up recurring problems like genocide or global warming even though the problem is on going & hasn't been solved yet. I watch the games & am displeased w/ the announcers....& if that makes lil miss needs to go to an sc board...then so what. You seem to believe that people care about your opinion....i think most do not. this is the forst time I have ever come out against someone here, but hell this may be the first season you have watched sports.. we're not talking about calling the plays...a slow ten yr old could do that. I know there are nd haters...millions of them, but if u think they are even close to 10 percent of the people watching EVERY WEEK you my friend are mentally disabled. each week as the away team changes so does the fan base watching for that team. what stays constant is the pro nd base. we owe nothing to the away team fans. just as I had to find a bar to watch the air force game last yr...the home team owes me jack squadoo when it comes to broadcasting bias. You know what why don't we just change ND to be a secular school becuase most the teams we play aren't roman cath. come on. This is the least of our problems, but accepting it is not acceptable.

Guest Mikey G
Oh ya don't like hearing whining fans...oh well einstein what did u expect to see on domerdomain after a blowout. man how about you claim you hate sand & vacation in suadi arabis. you know maybe u should hang yourself early in life if you are retarded enough to look for trouble the way you do. Guess what corkey, I wrote this post because this was the latest of a series of screw ups by those hacks. By your logic why bring up recurring problems like genocide or global warming even though the problem is on going & hasn't been solved yet. I watch the games & am displeased w/ the announcers....& if that makes lil miss needs to go to an sc board...then so what. You seem to believe that people care about your opinion....i think most do not. this is the forst time I have ever come out against someone here, but hell this may be the first season you have watched sports.. we're not talking about calling the plays...a slow ten yr old could do that. I know there are nd haters...millions of them, but if u think they are even close to 10 percent of the people watching EVERY WEEK you my friend are mentally disabled. each week as the away team changes so does the fan base watching for that team. what stays constant is the pro nd base. we owe nothing to the away team fans. just as I had to find a bar to watch the air force game last yr...the home team owes me jack squadoo when it comes to broadcasting bias. You know what why don't we just change ND to be a secular school becuase most the teams we play aren't roman cath. come on. This is the least of our problems, but accepting it is not acceptable.

Haha! Damn! You're fired up! I didn't mean to hurt you, man. I am sorry to make you feel defensive, to the point you have to start name calling on a forum. Sorry I had to break your confrontation virginity. But dude, calm down man! haha!

By the way, your analogy of ND announcers to Global Warming and Genocide may be a weeeeee bit extreme. Just saying if you mentioned it before, why beat a dead horse?