I still can't believe the stats!

Kid Gloves

I was looking at the college football stats for teams this year, and even though we all know the story and have talked about it at length, I am still in utter disbelief of how bad we truly are.

225 Total Rushing Yards for the year.......Total!!

29/111 on 3rd down conversions....

34 Sacks allowed...

11.4 Points per game avg

119th / out of 119 teams in Rushing, Sacks Allowed, Scoring and Total Offense......

These stats are truly mind-boggling when you are referring to a school like ND.

Please don't give any excuses about how young this team is either. That is just not a valid excuse given the ratings that these guys were given coming out of HS. I think it is a case of our coaching staff not developing the talent. I'm not even saying that we should have won more games than we have so far this year, but it's not the losses so much as it has been the WAY we have lost--getting blown by at least 2 touchdowns in every game!

That is why we all have a right to be pissed and frustrated with what is going on this year.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry....Im just a little tired of the whining. more times than not it comes from the unknowlegeable....Those who do not see the reason this team has struggled in my opinion are unknowlegeable when it comes to this program and football for that matter. you can call them excuses if you want to but they are what is reality. this team has little to no talent, no depth( 20 or so scholarship players) in the upperclass with talented yet inexperience in its freshman and sophmore classes. that is a recipe for disaster if you have any clue about football. This team has improved over the year if can't see that you are blind. Mix that with the schedule of teams that have pretty good defenses (almost all of them have been in the top of running D's in the nation)

so suck it up support the team and look forward the the bright future this team will enjoy in the years to come....quit bitching it doesn't solve anything.

Go root for USC then that may make your life easier...they have all the great stats......seriously quit bitching

In my opinion you suck as a knowlegeable football fan

Nice response!

Just because I am stating the facts doesn't mean I don't love the Irish or want them to win. I was simply stating that in all my years of being a ND fan I still can't believe the stats we are seeing this year. How does that not make me a fan or make not know about football???

It is idiots like you who think that everything is rosey and will never criticize things when it is totally justified that give REAL ND fans a bad name!

Go somewhere else with your uneducated garbage, TROLL!

For being "knowledgable" you have the scholarship numbers way off (as well as the talent level). My perception of this team is that there are plenty of quality components, they're just moving in a disorganized, spastic fashion. If you're sick of whining (aren't you whining too, in your own way?), either stay away from the boards or follow your own advice and root for somebody else. Telling people they "suck" won't gather much support for you to stay.

Guest SirJohn

Now guys let's all just keep it cool here. We all are abrasive over the losses, and Staff doe not want to step in to warn another over chit chat.. Love ya all. :D

Now guys let's all just keep it cool here. We all are abrasive over the losses, and Staff doe not want to step in to warn another over chit chat.. Love ya all. :D

I thought it was a pretty logical thread until the namecalling and swipes on other posters. No need to drink the kool-aid if it doesn't fit your pallet, just don't attack others opinions. I've had plenty of good conversations with SC guys all week and have taken it all in jest. In discussing the season with a buddy last night, I had to laugh (my anger and frustration is well past exhausted)...hopefully this will all be fogged over by future success. Quite a few Irish posters will have to get back in line when things are rosy again. GO IRISH!!

sorry....Im just a little tired of the whining. more times than not it comes from the unknowlegeable....Those who do not see the reason this team has struggled in my opinion are unknowlegeable when it comes to this program and football for that matter. you can call them excuses if you want to but they are what is reality. this team has little to no talent, no depth( 20 or so scholarship players) in the upperclass with talented yet inexperience in its freshman and sophmore classes. that is a recipe for disaster if you have any clue about football. This team has improved over the year if can't see that you are blind. Mix that with the schedule of teams that have pretty good defenses (almost all of them have been in the top of running D's in the nation)

so suck it up support the team and look forward the the bright future this team will enjoy in the years to come....quit bitching it doesn't solve anything.

Testify! I'm so tired of the fans who just seem to give up on this team and think it’s funny.

Last week at the BC game I had a "fan" next to me who sat on his hands the whole time and whenever anything went wrong he got a big chuckle out of it, and "couldn't believe how bad we were" and "how ND is just plain terrible this year". Of coarse when momentum slid our way he tried to act like he was with ND all the way. I just wanted to slap him.

The same goes for posts: hey guys look how bad our stats are.....isn't that great?

:roll: Jesus................

Not sure what numbers you are counting excluding fifth years there are 20 players still on scholarship in the JR and SR class.. We can debate how much talent is in those two classes. All I am saying is they are not nearly as talented as the freshman and sophmore classes nor up to par with Notre Dame a bigger problem than the talent is the depth and experience. All I am saying is be realistic....you can say I am looking through rose colored glasses I say I am a realist and know this team is struggling for a reason. Did Charlie forget to coach this year.....where were your complaints the first two years of his reign..... I apologize for my harsh comments but I am tired of hearing haters from outside the program I have little tolerance from those who are fans.

Have you played the game above the high school level? this is not X-box.

like it or not I do not tell a rocket scientest how to perform his job and critique him becasue I saw him on TV once. although I wish ND would hire you as head coach then we would be getting somewhere as you seem to have all the answers

like it or not I do not tell a rocket scientest how to perform his job and critique him becasue I saw him on TV once. although I wish ND would hire you as head coach then we would be getting somewhere as you seem to have all the answers

Thanks, I'm flattered. Not sure what solutions I gave but if someone who played ball longer than me thinks it's right, good deal. Somehow I went from being "unknowledgable" to being coach worthy, all with never really saying anything except "I love and support ND". I'll stick with my dayjob, thanks. The funny thing about your argument is that our coach never played beyond HS. Maybe that's the root of the problem. Have a good one money, it's been real. GO IRISH!!!

no he didn't play beyond HS but has been in the football profession for years learning from the best coaches around.......I would say Charlie has a very good grasp as to how to run a team....and I would trust in his experience and expertise than some one who watches them on TV every Saturday and thinks the sky is falling without recognizing the underlying issues with this team or chooses to ignore them. How can you claim to love a team and bash them all in the same breathe. There is a difference between disappointment and blind naysaying.. thats all I am trying to say....2009 we will be a national title contender and guess what Charlie will be at the helm....I venture to guess all you naysayers and doom and gloomers will still find something that you can complain about.

"Yes they won the national championship but they only completed 59% of their passes how terrible"

I'm very curious where I "trashed" this team, or any Irish team? Please notate any point in this thread or any thread where I have. In not 100% on Weis as I had been, but I realize the jury is still out. If anything I think we agree on more than we disagree. My disagreement with you is your pompous "know all" attitude combined with your comments that certain posters "suck". I'm very curious where you're coming from, I'm completely confused at what your point is and what you're trying to say. All I've gathered from this thread is that you're not happy but supportive, exactly what I'm trying to express.

The issue is no one, NO ONE, not even the worst of the ND haters that I have heard thought ND would be this bad. They have largely not been competitive in games. Now that is just a FACT. There is no reason to be upset beyond that (that's enough anyways). They are getting better. As for the upside...just like the downside ... who knows?...I predict somewhere between CW is fired and 3 national titles. :shock: