USC game is gonna be close

GermanyDomer

For some strange reason I think the Irish with get it together against USC. They have a bunch of injuries and are starting young players. We are sort of in the same boat. The younger players on both teams are similar in talent. Im not predicting a victory for us but you never know. For the first time ever I think Im going to bet on an ND game. What are the oddsmakers saying SC by 20?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ND doesn't stand a chance in this game. the offense isn't stepping up and scoring points.

I wouldn't say doesn't stand a chance, russ, its not like USC is scoring 50 a game. I'm hoping that ES can wake up the offense a little bit and our def keeps playing well, especially the DB's. Im saying we are going to win, but I do expect us to have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

if its going to be a high scoring game then ND probually wont be able to keep up with USC, but with the ND defence playing well if they can hold USC to say maybe 20 points then i think Sharpley and the ND offence could put up something like 21.

i said it in a different thread, but key part of the game could be special teams. if ND can hold down USC's special teams and maybe have a punt return/kick off return TD themselves that could go along way. with special teams it could also come down to field position. with USC having such a strong defence maybe Weis should not be taking chances on 4th down if they can instead punt the ball and make USC start close to their goalline.

ND doesn't stand a chance in this game. the offense isn't stepping up and scoring points.

Pessimistic wildcat fans said the same thing last week before losing a close game, at SC. Last I checked this game was in SB and SC is pretty banged up. We didn't have a shot in '05 either. My hope is that these green throwbacks the team chose to wear will help inspire some thunder. A bowl game isn't out of the question yet either, plenty to play for. GO IRISH!!!!

Thats what I want to hear guys. Never lose the faith. How can we expect our team to stay positive and pumped with a 1-6 record if we arent. Theres going to be a bunch of recruits at this game. I just want to see some fire and a close game from ND and I'll be happy. We have to take small steps for the time being.

I hope it is close, but in order for that to happen ND has to play mistake free. No killer penalties, costly turnovers, no big plays on D. This is ND's bowl game, it doesn't get any bigger or better the rest of the way. I'd like to think that the seniors on the team would want to go out with a win against a rival like SC. Leave it all on the field.

Guest Shamrock83

If they come out flat for this one they are lost.

There is no excuse not to be ready to go for this game... absolutely right last shot at SC for the seniors.

Guest sorin95

i don't like the fact that i'm reading that booty might be ok to start the game. booty, although probably over-hyped, is a much more dangerous qb than sanchez at this point.

the fact that vegas has ND as 3 TD dogs at home is a bit absurd in my mind, but who knows. personally i think we can keep it much closer than that

i don't like the fact that i'm reading that booty might be ok to start the game. booty, although probably over-hyped, is a much more dangerous qb than sanchez at this point.

the fact that vegas has ND as 3 TD dogs at home is a bit absurd in my mind, but who knows. personally i think we can keep it much closer than that

I think it went down to 17 pts, not sure as I'm not a betting man (especially not this season)

Sorin been reading the same thing about booty. But, he does still have a broken middle finger on his throwing hand. And I know that won't go away in 2 weeks. If we can actually get in there and sack him a few time or rush him we may have good chance of winning.

Guest Mikey G

I believe the injuries on USC's side is too great to be effective against ND in Southbend. Like UCLA, USC has about 7-8 injuries that will hinder their performance. 4/5 OL are injured, 2 LB's injured, Staffon Johnson is questionable, Booty is questionable, and their best DB is injured. Don't know how many of them will be healthy against ND. Sanchez will be great, but he been shown to be quite erratic in his throwing as of now. With the defense making a veteran, all-american level QB in Matt Ryan force a couple of erratic throws and a pick six, I think ND has the ability to confuse the hell out of Sanchez. USC's DL is one of the best in the country, and if they keep on underachieving like they have the past 3 weeks, I believe ND will have more than a good chance to beat SC.

Guest bfabes05
Pessimistic wildcat fans said the same thing last week before losing a close game, at SC. Last I checked this game was in SB and SC is pretty banged up. We didn't have a shot in '05 either. My hope is that these green throwbacks the team chose to wear will help inspire some thunder. A bowl game isn't out of the question yet either, plenty to play for. GO IRISH!!!!

Couldnt of said it better

even if Booty starts with their OL im sure ND defence can get to him/knock him down and maybe cause him to break a nail/err hurt his finger more and have to be taken out.

and as for the points spread, i dont follow that at all. thats for betting and IMO isnt really necessarily meaning who should be favoured by so many points.