Notre Dame Football Cleats

Franco

Sorry guys, didn't know if I should post this in off-topic, but I was just wondering if anyone knew the type of Adidas cleats that the team uses. here's a good pic:

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Art/COVER/071014/071014_EvanSharpley_vmed_4p.rp420x400.jpg

I really like them, it really continues the old school, classy look of the uniforms. Anyway, my buddies and I have started to get into flag football and are looking for molded cleats. I found the Adidas Scorch 7 MD's and they look a lot like the ones in the pic. Can anyone verify?

Guest irishrick

i wasn't aware that you couldn't wear cleats of your choice, as long as they matched the team's choice, i know a fella that lost a couple of toes as a youngster and he was allowed to use special shoes with plastic cleats . is this against the rules? what say you , seems if the team didn't like the cleats then maybe a change was necessary. :)

Guest SirJohn

this issue is beyond me Rick. I think the equipment manager will screw anything on you you want. (laughingI But then i am not sure betwtween Adidas ans our speedo now. Swossh,)

Guest irishrick

what ever we are wearing now i think i might suggest a change and let the players decide whats best for them , iam sure that the cleats would be a little different for a fullback and a tight end who has to make cuts on a wet field. . go irish :)

The cleats are different, they just all come from Adidas. There is no chance in today's sponsored world that the kids are going to be allowed to choose what cleats they wear unless there is a specific medical reason requiring it. ND is a money making machine and I'm sure Adidas is paying a tidy sum to ensure their equipment is sported by the Irish.

we both graduated in 06...i think the quams were w/ where the spikes were positioned on the bottom as well as the fit around different parts of the feet. nothing really horrible, just not the best cleat. and while players get many choices as to size and ankle support, it is not like the nba where kobe gets a new pair designed for his foot every game. again you can't blame equipment, but if u want a cleat go for what works w/ u.

I made sure to get molded cleats because I heard they're more comfortable than detachable cleats, but I did find some cleats that are the ones (or at least resemble) that the team wears...They're the Adidas University LE Mids, I tried them on and they felt great for me, so I purchased them, can't wait to use them this sunday!

What was also interesting is I know a guy who played in the Big 12, and he and a few other teammates protested Nike (of course feeling that as student athletes should be paid, which of course is another discussion).

He and his buddies would put black tape all over the shoe so you couldn't see the logo on TV.

Blarney - you're right. The schools sign a contract with a company who provides the shoes, uniforms, coaches' gear, etc. Players cannot deviate from this, especially today and them being on TV all the time. The equipment managers monitor that very closely. If there is a reason for someone to wear another brand, and it would have to be a good medical reason why one shoe does something the sponsor shoe cannot, they would have to tape it up so the logo / brand cannot be seen.