What kind of school would take the quitters???

Guest rocketsan22

Guest rocketsan22

Just readin the SBT article on Carufel. Just wondering what kind of school would waste resources on these quitters? One would think they are a liability of sports...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Speedy. I don't want this kid lining up next to me.

He was the #10 O lineman coming out of high school, so it looks like the kid was reading his old clippings.

It's nobody's fault that he was being outperformed by the #50 whatever O lineman that was just a bit hungrier than he was.

Guest bfabes05

It was our homecoming here this past weekend where i go to college so i think i missed the full story on what happened with Carufel, i know hes gone but anyone want to get me up to speed :D

I dont want to slam Carufel but I do think he made a mistake by quitting the team. The guys who suck it up and stick it out are going to be stronger in the end. This losing streak will pass. Every team goes through crap like this. We are no different. Whats good about all this is that we have tons of freshmen and sophomores that are getting serious playing time. Most college players usually get one or two years of solid time on the field. Very many of our guys are going to get three and four years. These guys will be iron men next year. We will have one pissed off vicious team in 1 to 2 years and they'll be looking for respect and revenge. This new class coming in is only going to make things better. Their all going to get on the field a lot as well.

It was our homecoming here this past weekend where i go to college so i think i missed the full story on what happened with Carufel, i know hes gone but anyone want to get me up to speed :D

He's a quitter.

There. You're up to date.

Actually...in a 'nutshell', Colin covered it all. :clap:

But just to elaborate a bit, if i have it correctly...Carufel was leaped over on the depth chart, decided to thinks things out...prior to the BC game, had a meeting with Coach Weis, left upset...then quit the team.

As best as I can recall...

He's a quitter.

There. You're up to date.

Actually...in a 'nutshell', Colin covered it all. :clap:

But just to elaborate a bit, if i have it correctly...Carufel was leaped over on the depth chart, decided to thinks things out...prior to the BC game, had a meeting with Coach Weis, left upset...then quit the team.

As best as I can recall...

Plus he missed his mommy and couldn't take even one more night without his teddy bear, "snuggles". This is the only transfer so far that really pisses me off. Two of the other ones were buried on the depth chart with more talent coming and quite a few of us thought DJ would transfer if things didn't go his way so that was no suprise, at least not to me. But Carufel couldn't hack it on his own and so he just up and quit on the people that were depending on him. I have no respect for someone as weak and selfish as that. Completely unacceptable in my opinion.

One of two things are going to happen. 1. All the guys stay and become mean SOB's. 2. A mass revolt happens and Weis gets fired. If enough guys quit then the administration would have no choice. I'd obviously hate for that to happen and I'm sure there is some middle ground.

Guest irishrick

quitter, yes , However couldn't he have been talked to a little bit by the coach or student advisor, what was his REASON ??????????????????????

? yes he quit, but things are getting a little rough at south bend , maybe we need to look at a few things . chiro, has a point . What say you ??????

What is there to look at? One of the greatest programs in history is 1-6 and South Bend is a :censored: city. We are just trimming the fat. The ones who can't hack it are jumping ship. If there is anything else, we'll find out later, but it doesn't really matter right now. Wait until the season is over to see what happens. Then, we'll be able to figure out what's up. I am glad the weak links are getting the F out of dodge.

Guest ttown2424

Tired of these soft As%#@!$!!$$ so-called stud recruits. If I'm accurate, didn't Rocket, T. Brown, Ricky Watters, Bettis, Montana, Theisman, Bavaro, B. Taylor, Bryant Young, and many others all play in South Bend. Maybe for a different coach yes, but the weather and the curiculum hasn't changed? Homesick, playing time, tough academics, not enough hot girls?, give me a fricken break! Suck it up and play ur as$#%@!^ off.

What is there to look at? One of the greatest programs in history is 1-6 and South Bend is a shitty city. We are just trimming the fat. The ones who can't hack it are jumping ship. If there is anything else, we'll find out later, but it doesn't really matter right now. Wait until the season is over to see what happens. Then, we'll be able to figure out what's up. I am glad the weak links are getting the F out of dodge.

Hey Domer, we need a South Bend defense argument. Here is another :censored: city comment. Where are you bro?

What is there to look at? One of the greatest programs in history is 1-6 and South Bend is a :censored: city. We are just trimming the fat. The ones who can't hack it are jumping ship. If there is anything else, we'll find out later, but it doesn't really matter right now. Wait until the season is over to see what happens. Then, we'll be able to figure out what's up. I am glad the weak links are getting the F out of dodge.

Hey Domer, we need a South Bend defense argument. Here is another :censored: city comment. Where are you bro?

Sorry, I showed up to the game late here. South Bend has a lot to offer. My guess is that you haven't taken the time to see anything but the south side of campus or the main artery from the south or from the airport. If those are the criteria then Chicago, LA, DC, Baltimore, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, etc are all "shitty cities". Lot's of nice areas around South Bend, maybe you'll see some of them someday.

Check out the live music at the Friday Night tailgate downtown in front of the Morris Performing Arts Center the next time you're in town. Or perhaps come and catch a Silverhawks ball game. You could of course catch a meal at the old Studebaker Mansion known as Tippecanoe Place. Or if you want to shell out a bit more money try the Summit Club on the top floor of the AT&T building downtown offering a 360 degree panaramic view. You might just catch a view of one of the three nationally ranked golf courses that are around town. I digress....you're right. South Bend is one :censored: city because white boy students get shot in our hoods, the overall population doesn't make a ton of money, and we don't have strip clubs on every street corner. No movie stars here and it turns out that it snows in the midwest. So every city in MN, MI, IL, IA, WI, OH, PA etc must really suck because it snows.

How was that Stank?