Interesting news

Guest Shamrock83

Guest Shamrock83

Gerell Robinson officially got his offer for WR

Robinson says that ND has "two" WR's commited and he is being recruited as the third

Hmmmmmmmm 8)

This is on rivals by the way...

I wonder what he knows that the rest of us don't

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robinson says that ND has "two" WR's commited and he is being recruited as the third

i doubt very much that ND has two WRs committed right now. CW said that he doesn't do any more silent commits, no soft verbals and no quiet commits.

I guess that's not the impression I had. I believe that Charlie would be all for having silents if the situation was best for the commit. I mean, Darious Flemming was a silent, granted, only for a few days, but a silent none the less.

Now the problem would come in if that "silent" started looking around and taking visits. I think they can be silent all they want as long as they aren't still shopping.

Now, I don't believe Floyd would be a silent b/c he has been to OSU since he's been to ND if I'm not mistaken.

Russ, I think Charlie does accept silents, but you can't be a silent and still be searching for other schools, because then you're playing the field. I'm not saying it's flyod, I honestly don't know. But I do know Flyod doesn't have any other officials set. He's coming up with his mother next week, so we'll see soon enough. We know it's not Baldwin, he's waiting till signing day. Either Harper or Flyod I'd say.

SDIrish, I don't think Flyod has been to Ohio State recently, I know he only has one official set.

Russ, I think Charlie does accept silents, but you can't be a silent and still be searching for other schools, because then you're playing the field. I'm not saying it's flyod, I honestly don't know. But I do know Flyod doesn't have any other officials set. He's coming up with his mother next week, so we'll see soon enough. We know it's not Baldwin, he's waiting till signing day. Either Harper or Flyod I'd say.

SDIrish, I don't think Flyod has been to Ohio State recently, I know he only has one official set.

I thought he took his unofficial a couple weeks after he did his grand tour of the midwest. Maybe that was all the same trip and I'm just confused, which is always possible.

Guest Shamrock83

From what I was reading on the 4hl.... Silents are permitted but we still look and shop for others in the silent phase I think.

Another poster (not sure of his credibility or where he got his info) was saying he heard that the commit might be Harper and that the staff

"knows about" Floyd

and "doesn't know" about Walker

The "knows about" and "doesnt know about" quotes come from the conversation with Gerell Robinson and the staff.... Robinson said the staff "knows about" one of the recruits and "doesnt know" about the other.

I remember a while back people were speculating that Floyd was a silent. I doubt it though. My guess is, he just got the numbers wrong.

Either way, I'm glad that we offered him. Sounds like this guy has as much potential as any other wideout we're recruiting. I'm really hoping we can pick up one of Floyd, Baldwin or Walker AND one of Harper or Robinson. That would be a really nice haul for WR.

Guest Shamrock83

I'm satisfied regardless.... we have Goodman.... and (if all of this is true) we have another one of our targets locked up.

All of our WR targets are good... some are better than others but I'll take any of them. On top of that... we are in very good shape with G Robinson too which is just a bonus. And thanks to him for spillin the info!

Rock - I thought Baldwin was also a ways off too, so that's why I didn't think it (if there is an 'it') was him. The news on Floyd has been so mum, but with a visit coming up, you never know, particularly if there is a golf cart ride involved.

Floyd is the most logical choice. Walker is most likely a PSU/FSU lean if anything. Harper would rather play QB, and... well lets face it, the schools he's looking at now are doing better than we are (U of I, Mizzou), so there no reason for him to go to a school to play a less preferred position b/c the "QB Schools" are weaker. Baldwin hasn't even taken officials yet, so I really don't see how that one could be it either. Which then leaves us with Floyd, who despite all the rumors STILL has only 1 official set up. Lets also not forget the "silent commit" smoke that arose from when he made his summer visit - the same timespan that saw Slaughter and EJ commit, and had similar smoke from Dan McCarthy's camp - which turned out to be legit.

Still though, we all know the routine about silents, and how it isn't worth much of anything, so its nothing to get all that worked up about.

For every story that has it's flaws (Carufel), there's a success story too (Ryan Harris). Who knows; its all guesswork and TBD. At least we know Floyd will make an informed decision with both perspectives - which as we're finding with these transfers is better than a misinformed bad one.

Guest NDLawJAG

Sorry, I mentioned Robinson's comments in a couple other threads because I did not see this thread yet.

On the Floyd issue, it certainly does not help matters especially if there are any truths to the rummor that Carufel is going to be working as an assistant coach with the team.